Parking Charge notice - NHS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Be Grateful for advice regarding the following.

I received a parking charge notice at the hospital I worked at at the time. This was in a permit only car park - my 2 month permit had expired the previous working day. Cost is £32 per month.

Notice read:

Parking Charge notice

The £60 parking charge must be paid within 28 days from issue of this notice

Your vehicle was seen in the following location:

On date xxx At: time xxx

Who had reasonable cause to believe the following parking contravention occurred:

Parked in a staff parking area without a valid staff parking permit displayed.

Charges

The Parking charge of £60 must be paid within 28 days from the issue of this notice.

The parking Charges operate on an escalating scale:

£15 if paid on the day or within 7 days of this notice.

£30 if paid within 8-14 days of this notice.

£60 if paid within 15-28 days.

If no payment is received after 28 days, this Parking Charge Notice will be passed to a third party who will seek to recover the full charge from the registered vehicle owner/keeper.

I initially planned to appeal, but the appeal lady was away so never appealed and sent no correspondance.

Next I heard was a letter from CCI legal 5 months later.

Dear Sir/Madam

Account number xxxx

We have been instructed to contact you in relation to the above parking penalty. As the registered owner of the vehicle you are legally responsible for payment of the pnalty shown above.

Please forward your cheque (or postal order) to us in the envelope provided. Alternatively you can pay by credit card by ringing ....

In the event that we do not hear from you, the matter will be the subject of further recovery action

Thank you in anticipation of your prompt response.

Yours Sincerely

I recieved the letter about 1 week from the letter date, and while considering my reply received a second letter....

NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

Dear Sir/Madam

Account Name....

Account number....

In spite of previous reminders you have not paid the amount as detailed above.

Unless this is paid directly to the above address by .... we sahll seek our client's authority to issue legal proceedings against you. You will be liable for all costs associated with this action.

We shall immediately recommend to our client that an adverse entry be made against your name and address with the principal Credit Reference Agencies. The effect of an adverse entry will make it very difficult for you to obtain further credit and may affect the terms of your existing credit agreements. The entry will remain on your rating for two years, during which time it cannot be removed.

Yours Sincerely.

I plan to send a short letter to CCI Legal to acknowledge receipt, state that the amount is in dispute and ask them to refer the matter back to their client. I don't intend to write to the client (the NHS trust)

I've searched the site, but haven't come across a situation where initial approach is from the third party and would appreciate advice on whether my initial approach is appropriate, and any other relevant advice on my problem.

Many Thanks :)

As the registered owner of the vehicle you are legally responsible for payment of the pnalty shown above.

This is rubbish! The driver is the one with whom there is a dispute and it is up to the client to prove who that was

We shall immediately recommend to our client that an adverse entry be made against your name and address with the principal Credit Reference Agencies. The effect of an adverse entry will make it very difficult for you to obtain further credit and may affect the terms of your existing credit agreements. The entry will remain on your rating for two years, during which time it cannot be removed.

Unless i am mistaken only a court can do this, its very unlikely they will take you to court over this.

They claim it is a "PENALTY" notice, which they can't do, so makes this claim illegal.

They claim the RK is liable, which they are not, so makes this claim illegal.

They claim they can instantly have a CCJ registered against you without going to court, which they can't, so makes this claim illegal.

Did I mention I think this claim is illegal? :)

I would not reply to them in any shape or form and just let them continue to spout this rubbish. You never know their next letter may be even funnier and you might even be able to take the letters to court to let the magistrate have a laugh at them as well, (if they are ever stupid enough to take you to court.)