details of referral fees in branch, instantly

boufje
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I phone up customer services/ in branch I am usually told they only have access to details for the past year, however I went into the branch today about a loan query and the assistant manager was very helpful and showed me that they had all my dating back to when I opened my account in 1998. He told me that their desk top system stores all that info back to 1992, but I haven't been a Barclays customer that long. he scrolled through all the letters Barclays had sent me and printed out ad gave to me. He didn't question why I wanted them or try to charge me. Clearly this is very helpful to me, as I now don't have to wait 40 days for a response to my data protection request letter - which they lost anyway.

Surprisingly in the last 8 years I have only incurred 7 referral fees, and 3 of those have been refunded as "gestures of goodwill". That really shocks me as I thought I had lots more, but 3 of them were within one week ( 5 years ago, when I was a student) and the other was for a year later ( also disorganised student..), I had thought I was a LOT worse, so am quite pleased, am still going to ask for my £100 back though - I think it is quite likely they will give it to me as I am now a higher rate tax payer, they know I am about to take out a mortgage, and have been paying my loans to them for years...Am sending my letter tonight, along with a moan about an unresolved complaint from 2 months ago. They have also started sending me flowers when I complain to them - I would prefer a cash apology but it also makes me cross - they weren't quite so flash trying to woo me when I was a skint student!

Sadly I don't think that is they way it should work - I am aware that banks for instance routinely do not refund penalty fees incurred by mentally ill patients, for example, which IMHO is morally reprehensible, and don't get me started on putting penalty charges on people's accounts when their social security benefits are delayed...

Also, am just wondering - I am *sure* i would have had more than 7 paid referrals - I was a student for 2 years with Barclays, and then really broke for 2 years as a trainee and things would bounce..I wonder if their on site records are complete..

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks