default removal help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have got 4 defaults on my credit reference file. The reason I got these defaults is cause I signed onto cccs and they told me stop payment as they would take payment from me and pay my creditors, so no need to make 2 payments, even though i made a gratuity payment of £10. Before I went with cccs i never missed a payment, its just when i did this change over I got the defaults on my credit ref file, but they are now still receiving payment from me, which the card companies agreed and they stil put a default on my credit ref file, is their anyway to get this removed please, its not that I wont pay, cause I have been making payments. any help much appreciated.

The reaason for the defualts if because you haven't met the contratual amount payments. Although they have agreed to a DMP, they can still register a defualt against you if they so choose.

I think (and i could be wrong on this) if you bring the account back upto date then the default is removed. otherwise i think the only way a default can be removed is if it was incorrected applied in the first please.

Otherwise it's a case of waiting for 6 years untill it drops off.

I could be wrong on this advice tho......

Im sorry but your mistaken I looked at my credit reference file and under each default their is a note that states 'A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe'.

it wont drop off after 6 years, it will be six years from the account settled,so if the account remains open it will stay.

This advice is wrong!!!!

It drops off your file 6 years from Default date whether it is settled or not!

BobbyH

I think (and i could be wrong on this) if you bring the account back upto date then the default is removed. otherwise i think the only way a default can be removed is if it was incorrected applied in the first please.

Right and wrong. The default will remain for 6 years from date of issue, if the account is bought back up to date/paid in full then it will show as satisfied. Either way it will still show a reducing balance for the time it takes to clear.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

BobbyH99, your correct, I am not concerned whether i have a balance after 6 years still, the main problem is having that 'default' entry on my file. As it states it will be removed whether or not you have paid the debt in full.

so justhadenough and gizmo11, your both wrong. Even if bough back up to date, I think it will stay for max period 6 years and if satisfied before then it will say 'default satisfied' but the word default wont remove until after 6 years.

justhadenough, nice of you to scare people, luckily i read my credit file from experian.

Firstly let me apologise I did not mean to mislead anyone.

The default will indeed show satisfied, however if the account remains open the history of payments and activity on the account will remain “visible” for six years after the account has been closed.

their is this company which buy your credit card debt off you, provided the contract is prior to 2007 and then you can write to the credit card reference company to have the card removed from your file, hence the default is removed as well.

Edited by 42man
Removed commercial link...

Guest 38candy
their is this company which buy your credit card debt off you, provided the contract is prior to 2007 and then you can write to the credit card reference company to have the card removed from your file, hence the default is removed as well.

Hi

What is the name of the company

Oh so the rankines dont have enough money to pay there creditors but they do have enough to pay for other ppl credit card debt.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh so the rankines dont have enough money to pay there creditors but they do have enough to pay for other ppl credit card debt.

I believe you pay the Rankines a large sum of money up front, (and a %age), then assign the account to the Rankines who claim back any unlawful charges outstanding on the account and try and get the debt written off. You pays yer money send them the paperwork then they decide if they want it. Sounds like a cracking wheeze for the Rankines, cherry pick accounts with large charges and no paperwork they claim back the bank charges then put the a/c into dispute etc with a CCA request.

They probably aren't bothered about defaults being registered against them anyway it's not like they aren't notoriously uncreditworthy people so as long as nothings likely to go to Court they could just take your money and sit out the default.

A £1k debt would cost approx £450 to assign to the Rankines, would you not be better to attempt for a f&f offer with default removal with the DCA than get involved with this odious couple?

Avoid!!!!

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

they said they take any account open before april 2007, they said cause they confident they can get it wiped so they do not cherry pick the accounts they take all accounts open before april 2007.

Do you honestly believe for one minute that if you had an enforceable credit card debt of say £5000, from 2006, a debt for which all the paperwork existed and was in order and no unlawful charges had ever been applied that for a few hundred pounds you could sell that debt to those people who would in return for say £800 then be obliged to repay the creditor £5000?

Sorry but that's just bananas, they clearly say they will assess your debt, they clearly say they may reject it and print some of the criteria for rejection. The loopholes they claim to have found don't really exist they are actually points of law and well known on here. Obviously they will not print all the criteria for rejection/acceptance otherwise you would claim back charges and cca the creditor yourself.

There is nothing those people can do for you that you cannot do yourself with guidance provided for free on this board by people far better qualified than the Rankines.

Oh and how much attention do you think the average DCA will pay when you tell them you've sold your liability?????? Do you think the 'phone calls, letters and credit reference trashing will stop? I don't the CCK people seem to admit this might be a problem until the entire financial system of this country comes round to the Rankines way of thinking.

I suggest this might take some time.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

This advice is wrong!!!!

It drops off your file 6 years from Default date whether it is settled or not!

BobbyH

I think you need to check your facts. Experian and Equifax have both confirmed to me that defaults no longer appear on one's credit report six years after the default date irrespective of the outstanding balance.

I know this is true because a Barclays default dropped of my friends report last month, which he deafulted on in Feb 2003, despite nearly £2000 still owing on the debt. No sign of it on the report any more!

Right and wrong. The default will remain for 6 years from date of issue, if the account is bought back up to date/paid in full then it will show as satisfied. Either way it will still show a reducing balance for the time it takes to clear.

Once an account has falled into default this cannot be reversed.

A creditor gives three to six months of non payment before they issue a default notice. If the account remains unpaid 30 days after issue of the default notice it is "Defaulted" and "CLOSED".

The debt remains, but the account is closed, and even if you clear the whole debt within a few months, the default remains and the account cannot be re-opened.

You cannot re-open a defaulted account.

Case in point:

AbbeyMortgageSettled.jpg

Settled within a few weeks of defaulting, but default remains. Once it's done, it's done, and there's no going back.

Edited by izools

Yes but you were paying less that you were contracted to pay?

If the credit agreement stipulated for example a minimum payment of 2.5% of the outstanding balance, and you were paying atleast that, then there was no need to get CCCS to handle the account in the first place.

If you needed the CCCS to help because you couldn't afford to meet the contracted minimum payments, then the account did default, not because you didn't pay, but because you weren't paying what you agreed to pay in the credit agreement.

Were the CCCS paying atleast the minimum payment each month?

I think you need to check your facts. Experian and Equifax have both confirmed to me that defaults no longer appear on one's credit report six years after the default date irrespective of the outstanding balance.

I know this is true because a Barclays default dropped of my friends report last month, which he deafulted on in Feb 2003, despite nearly £2000 still owing on the debt. No sign of it on the report any more!

Am I being thick here, isn't that what I said!!!

Once an account has falled into default this cannot be reversed.

A creditor gives three to six months of non payment before they issue a default notice. If the account remains unpaid 30 days after issue of the default notice it is "Defaulted" and "CLOSED".

The debt remains, but the account is closed, and even if you clear the whole debt within a few months, the default remains and the account cannot be re-opened.

You cannot re-open a defaulted account.

Case in point:

AbbeyMortgageSettled.jpg

Settled within a few weeks of defaulting, but default remains. Once it's done, it's done, and there's no going back.

Again, isn't this was gizmo was saying!!!!!

Hi can anyone help I have a default from a couple of years ago from a credit card company capital 1. I did pay the debt off in a few months and recently wrote to them asking for my credit card charges back as I felt they were unfair as the guidance states. I asked if they would remove the default due to some of the unlawfull charges but they sent me a snotty letter back stating it will stay for the full six years. Does anyone know if I can challenge this default from 2006 as I am now contesting some of the charges from my closed account.

many thanks

John