Mint - what a load of rubbish they've sent !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok .. time for a little update on this ...

You will recall Mint had admiited no agreement held, and that they knew they had no legal redress to pursue .... then decided they shouldn't have let me know that, and tried to retract it saying the individual had gotten confused on what the situation of the accout was ....

Well, as you might guess I sent a letter reiterating the legal position of the them having no agreement, unable to process data .. etc.. etc... you get the picture ... also said that the attempt of a customer service clerk try to distance themselves from the admission of a Senior Recoveries Office was both simply both embarrasing and quite ludicrious ....

Anyway, happended to be checking my credit ref file for any new defaults .... and to see what Mint were doing ... when I realised I couldn't find them ...

I logged off, and went back on twice .... still no Mint Account registration, who were definately listed on there ... and showing arrears etc due to the dispute ... I was so confused that I pulled up the copy I had saved of my report in May .. and yes there they were ....!!!

Have bizarre, they simply haven't responded to my last letter which well and truely put then in the picture, and I haven't been told by them that they had written off the account or anything of that nature.

Could this be a mistake by Experian that they have removed by mistake, or (hope against hope!!!) have Mint threw in the towel !!!

Anyone else had anything like this happen ? :confused:

(by the way I've only got this far due to the immense help of the wonderful caggers!!)

Abs x ;):D

I have had similar.

I complained to the ICO as RBS were processing incorrect data regarding the account;

attached to my complaint form, were the two 'we have mislaid your agreement etc. letters.

The ICO wrote to RBS asking RBS why they were processing said data, as it had already been processed for 6 years?

I have not yet heard back from the ICO re: my complaint.

But, I received an odd letter from RBS basically saying that the 'we have mislaid your agreement' letters were a mistake anf that there is going to been an in depth investigation about the matter!

God only knows what is going on at RBS?

One thing is for sure, I don't trust them an inch.

AC

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, Mint have no agreement, and have removed all entries with Experian.

But the latest is they have sent me a letter thanking me for my offer to pay £50 per month, which they have accepted !!

I ignored this, naturallly as I haven't offered to pay anything ... why would I with no agreement ..., but have now received a statement, in which they note a payment due of £50, and a payment due date.

I'm tempted to just ignore this too .... or do you think I should write a letter correcting them on "their error". What do you think the motive is here?

Abs .. x :confused:

Desperation!! Ask for details of the "agreement", who, when, how and of course a copy of the original CCA.

They have just passed me onto Wescot, not heard anything for 3 mths, Triton returned back to Mint as did Greens sols, I have to reply by 26th Dec or else, eeekk im scared ; )

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

As you know, Mint have no agreement, and have removed all entries with Experian.

But the latest is they have sent me a letter thanking me for my offer to pay £50 per month, which they have accepted !!

I ignored this, naturallly as I haven't offered to pay anything ... why would I with no agreement ..., but have now received a statement, in which they note a payment due of £50, and a payment due date.

I'm tempted to just ignore this too .... or do you think I should write a letter correcting them on "their error". What do you think the motive is here?

Abs .. x :confused:

The motive is, to get you to make a payment!

AaHH, but is it Boxing Day in Wescot land?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all ....

Received another "statement" today, now showing a minimum payment of £100, as I missed last months £50. It also shows all interest and charges are 0.00% (frozen).

Shall I continue to ignore or shall I write and tell them they have matters somewhat confused, as I haven't submitted or proposed any repayment schedule, as the account remains very firmly in dispute due to non compliance.

Whats your thoughts guys ...?:)

Abs x

Ok another update ....

Have today received a letter from Mint saying that I have failed to respond to the banks previous demands, so they have no alternative but to commence furher proceedings for the recovery of the outstanding balance.

Failure to call them may result in my accout being transferred to external debt collecting agents without further warning or delay.

I have cobbled together a letter basically saying that acct remains in dispute, as they have admitted they can't supply a true copy of the agreement - as one doesn't exist, and that under OFT guidelines any referral to a DCA will be unlawful.

Ok do you think?:)

The externals may be Triton (not really external) or Wescot, I wrote to Wescot stating the account was in dispute as they did not have an enforceable CCA and to send it back to RBS. Not had any reply yet.

They choose to play silly b*ggers on purpose, send a letter you have sent before, pref an early one to confuse them! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Have now received a letter from NCO T/A RMA Risk Management in Preston. Saying that they are acting for Mint, that the account is seriously overdue and that I should call them with to discuss payment arrangements.

Shall I send the "bemused" letter, or just ignore (which is what I;m tempted to do).

Abs x:)

Some advise ignoring letters, but I dont think that is the way to go. Send the bemused letter or a simple, This acc is in dispute please return to mint.

i have heard noting since telling wescot the acc was in dispute, presume they sent back to mint.

• 4 weeks later...

Little update on this one ....

RMA have written to me firstly with the treatogram - to which they were sent the bemused letter, explaining that Mint have admitted there is not agreement, and that they cannot persue through the courts.

Response from RMA was to pretent they hadn't recd my bemused letter, but to advise that I had been especially selected to receive a reduced offer settlement - all I needed to do was call them ... how nice !!!!

Naturally, this little ditty was ignored ..... their move I think !!!

(Oh by the way you will remember that Mint removed their CRA entry - after them being told that without any agreement they had no right to process any data .. well its still gone ... ain't life grand !!)

Abs xx:)

hurrah, a little bit of peace :)

I have heard nothing since dec 22nd :)

I too have received a letter from RMA saying i have been selected for a reduced settlement offer how kind. I have to ring them too.

Have already sent bemused letter to them. wondering what to do next?

• 1 month later...

Well 4 months and still not a dicky bird from the lovely folk at Mint;) Calm before the storm maybe?

Welcome to our little club Dotty ... !!!

Have a good read through this thread, and any other Mint thread to give you an idea how they like to play the game .....

With regards to me, still nothing from RMA (after the wonderfully kind offer they made), or Mint or anyone else. But as always, as soon as I hear anything from anyone, so will you .... if we keep sharing info and advice then their every move can be defended ... how fabulous !!!

So on with the good fight chaps ... !!!

Abs xx :D

Ok .. update ....

Bugger .... Mint default has "re-appeared" today on my Experian report.

Have written to experian to advise that as there is no signature to any agreement, there is no statutory authority from me for Mint or them to process my data...

Anyhoo see what transpires and I will update as and when ...

Abs x :mad:

Hi All,

Well I sent my first letter CCA to mint, and I am reading here from many of you to see what to expect from Mint. It seems Mint will try their best to get money out off people. Well let me see what comes back to me and will post it here...

Hi DSY

All the companies will try to get money out of people because it IS owing, whether they hold an enforceable agreement or not.

Start a thread when you get your CCA and you will gets lots of help and advice on how to proceed.

Update ...

Experian have come back and said that the creditor does not need a signed document to process data, if they can prove a relationship by a history of a maintained account with a history of regular payments - that this is enough on its own to allow them to lawfully process data ... but Experian have said they despite this, they have contacted Mint for an explanation.

As always people ... update as and when ... !!!!

PS .. welcome Andy and DSYS....!

Abs x :)

No doubt AC .. but their record did go missing from my file for a while, then has suddenly reappeared .... but with no payment history, just payment status 8 (which signifies more than 3 payments missed) and a default registration.

To be fair one more Default on the old list won't make much difference ... just a bit peed off really that Mint removed their record only to put it back on again ....

But we shall see ....

Abs x:)