style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Please please help I'm mega stressed

Back in 2007 i signed a walking levy with a bailiff he didn't actually see anything i just told him what to put down and he left. I offered to pay them £100 a month back the bill was £1000 and never had any reply back. Last week i was away on business and i had a phone call off the lad that was looking after my dogs saying there was a letter stating the removal of said goods and he would be attending with a lock smith . I called the Bailiff straight away and explained i was away till today the 11th of March and i would call him. He said no problem. I have just called him and offered to pay £75 a month back to be told that was not a option . The bill is now £1300 . He has told me to call back by 10pm tonight with another offer or when he can come to collect the goods ... Is there any loop hole and how long does a walking possession last for . Is there anyway round this . I have spoken to the council and they are not interested.

HELP HELP HELP ASAP

If I was you I would telephone National Debtline as the walking posession order that you signed was made a long time ago "I believe it could be considered as abandoned by the bailiff" but you need to check. You may be lucky and the forums resident bailiff expert TomTubby could look in and give their professional advice, but in the meantime the telephone number is:

0808 800 400 - its free and far better that CAB in my opinion.

You also need to query the jump in fees aswell, the bailiff may have added some dubious ones.

Here is a factsheet on bailiffs.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 02 Bailiffs And Council Tax

This Walking Possession cannot in any way be used. The bailiff is being very naughty indeed as it is certainly the case that he has abondened the goods.

The bailiff knows this. Make sure as well that you NEVER allow a bailiff into your home and make sure as well that you o not have a car outside. The fees are WRONG as it would appear that the bailiff is attempting to charge you an "attending to remove fee"

First Thank you very much for your posts .

I appologise for my ignorance on this matter but does this mean that there walking possession is invalid and if so why . Because i need to phone the bailiff today . When i spoke last night he said there was a agreement in place and i have never seen a agrement he never even left a copy of the walking possession sheet . So does he have the right to use a lock smith and gain entry? When i mentioned i had dogs he said he would have to get the RSPCA out with him . Now my dilema here is that i have a sick English Pointer with a Broken neck that doesn't need to be stressed out any more than normal and i can not put as much as a coller on him how will they inforce that if they can't restriain him . They are entering his home and there strangers so i can not be held responsible for the acctions of 3 dogs can i?

Please Help ASAP

Cheers

Tomtubby runs a commercial bailiff advice company (if you google bailiff advice you will find it, and I for one would recommend her) and Im really pleased that she decided to give you some advice and confirms what I thought....take her advice the walking possession order would be considered as being abandoned by the bailiff due to it being signed so long ago. Also as the walking posession order has been abandonded then the bailiff has NO RIGHTS TO ENTER YOUR PROPERTY.

A bailiff should never have levied on items that s/he cannot touch.

Also as TT said you need to question those fees they seem high.

The nationaldebtline will probably be able to give you more advice and there free. 0808 800 400

I have spoken to a solicitor today and they have told me to get it sent back to court as the bailiff and council are not willing to coperate with me but when i went to the county court office and tried to explain they looked at me stupid and sent me to the magistrates court and again they looked at me stupid . My head is really messed up with this and i'm not sure which direction i am going in . Can someone please please help some more

ASAP running out of time fast

I have spoken to a solicitor today and they have told me to get it sent back to court as the bailiff and council are not willing to coperate with me but when i went to the county court office and tried to explain they looked at me stupid and sent me to the magistrates court and again they looked at me stupid . My head is really messed up with this and i'm not sure which direction i am going in . Can someone please please help some more

ASAP running out of time fast

A liability order is granted by a magistrates court.

Did you contact National Debtline?

Hi

Yeah contacted them they were really good and helpful they were not 100% on the time limit but they did say the following , Arguing abandonment , They have never been back to follow up the levy , Unreasonable delay and maladministration . But i have tried to call Jacobs today to try these out but it is constantly engaged. Every thing i fire at the Bailiff he tells me it's rubbish and i broke a agreement which i have never had.

Hi

Yeah contacted them they were really good and helpful they were not 100% on the time limit but they did say the following , Arguing abandonment , They have never been back to follow up the levy , Unreasonable delay and maladministration . But i have tried to call Jacobs today to try these out but it is constantly engaged. Every thing i fire at the Bailiff he tells me it's rubbish and i broke a agreement which i have never had.

You need to keep things in writing, telephone calls can be denied, recorded letters cant.

Hopefully TomTubby will add some more info when she comes on.

So if said Bailiff comes to the door what can i say to him ? Sorry but your walking possession is no longer valid so do one? Or does it have to be in writing to the firm . Is there any firm evidence to support this and if he does get in can he take anything or just whats on the levy? Because half the stuff on the levy has never existed ! he never looked around just stood in the hall !

Please help me some more

Yes, tell him that you are in contact with the court (which you are) and he has no legal right to be on your property - also that you need his full name and ID and get a form from the court (can't remember the name of the form) to complain about his behaviour.

ABOVE ALL DO NOT LET HIM INTO YOUR PROPERTY OR SIGN AN'YTHING HE GIVES YOU.

As daft as this sounds, before you start any form 4 complaint you must have appeared to have given the bailiffs every opportunity to correct what they will say was simply an error. Even though we all know that's not true.

So you must start writing to them, and build up a file of correspondence showing that they have behaved incorrectly. Only when that has not worked to you make a form 4 application to the court.

Hi again .

I have just received a letter back off Jacobs after i have requested a breakdown of the charges and a copy of any agreement and they have sent the following

Dear Sir/Madam

we write to advise that no arrangements has ever bemm active on this account. A letter was sent in December requesting minimum payments of £200 per month, as we received no response to the letter, your account was then issued to an enforcement bailiff .

We can confirm that the local authority has been in touch and your balance has been reduced by £222.39

For futher details contact the bailiff

This doesn't really answer anything . And i know i have asked before but is this waliking levy deffently expired ..

Please help

And thank you for all your help so far