Newman Debt Collection Agents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am sorry I have not been in touch earlier but was not able to access internet.

Much to my surprise and dissappointment Newmans have now sent me my original Amex credit agreement with signature and all. I have to say I did not expect them to have this on file - just my look.

I received these docs on Saturday but more surprising is the lack of followup correspondence from either Newmans or their solicitors - Don't get me wrong I am very happy not to have recieved anything but I cannot help feeling that something else is going on in the background! Can any one advice me as to what I should do next considering they have provided me with requested information. Do I hold fire until I hear from them or should I respond to letter from their solicitors which thus far I have not?

Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi gemmas

If you can, scan the documents they've sent you (or photograph them if you haven't got access to a scanner) and post them up here using photobucket or similar. Make sure you edit out anything that could identify you though, such as account numbers, barcodes, addresses or amounts.

Once it's up the experts on here can take a look at it for you and advise as to its enforcability.

Cheers :)

I seem to be having difficulties in trying to put the documents on site as I do not have a scanner, can anybody assist me in how to do this?

Also, today I received a letter from a company called AIG who claim they are now looking after the debt from Amex which means that Newmans and Copes are no longer dealing with this. Does this mean that Newmans have handed the debt back to Amex because I requested the original signed credit agreement and should I send the same request to the new DCA AIG?

Given the way in which Newmans and their solicitors dealt with this debt with their threatening letters and calls I am surprised they have walked away defeated - Dare we feel slightly elated and satisfied to have defeated such thugs :grin:

Thank you all so much for your assistance with this I really could not have done it without your help:)

I seem to be having difficulties in trying to put the documents on site as I do not have a scanner, can anybody assist me in how to do this?

Do you have a digital camera? I don't have access to a scanner either (well, not at home anyway) so I just take close up pictures of the documents with my camera, edit out the necessary bits using Microsoft Paint, post them up on Photobucket and then link to the images on here. Have a look at my Newmans thread to see some examples.

Also, today I received a letter from a company called AIG who claim they are now looking after the debt from Amex which means that Newmans and Copes are no longer dealing with this. Does this mean that Newmans have handed the debt back to Amex because I requested the original signed credit agreement and should I send the same request to the new DCA AIG?

Would that be Allied International? In my limited experience yes, this might suggest that Newmans et al have washed their hands of you and sold on the debt, quite possibly because they know they don't have an enforceable agreement. If memory serves there's a letter on here somewhere which you could send them which basically points out that they shouldn't be passing on your details to another DCA while the alleged debt is legitimately disputed. :rolleyes:

If you are being chased by another DCA then yes, IMO you should send them a fresh CCA request and see what they can come up with.

Given the way in which Newmans and their solicitors dealt with this debt with their threatening letters and calls I am surprised they have walked away defeated - Dare we feel slightly elated and satisfied to have defeated such thugs :grin:

Quite possibly, yes! It would appear that quite often the DCA bark is worse than their bite and as soon as people who know their rights stand up to them they retreat back into the sewers with their tails between their legs. :grin:

Keep an eye out though - I've read on one or two other threads of instances where folks have been chased for the same debt by two DCAs at the same time. :eek:

Do you have a digital camera? I don't have access to a scanner either (well, not at home anyway) so I just take close up pictures of the documents with my camera, edit out the necessary bits using Microsoft Paint, post them up on Photobucket and then link to the images on here. Have a look at my Newmans thread to see some examples.

Surprising as it might sound but I actually do not have a digital camera - I will see if I can borrow one and then do as you recommend - hopefully this weekend. I have had a look at your thread, thanks for your advice.

Would that be Allied International? In my limited experience yes, this might suggest that Newmans et al have washed their hands of you and sold on the debt, quite possibly because they know they don't have an enforceable agreement. If memory serves there's a letter on here somewhere which you could send them which basically points out that they shouldn't be passing on your details to another DCA while the alleged debt is legitimately disputed. :rolleyes:

If you are being chased by another DCA then yes, IMO you should send them a fresh CCA request and see what they can come up with.

Yes Allied International are the new DCA. I have tried to find the letter but do not seem to be able to locate it any ideas where I can find this, thanks. I will send out another CCA request over the weekend. Thanks for your help. At least I am not being chased by Newmans who were just nasty nasty people! Hopefully I have some time untill this new DCA gets nasty as well.

Quite possibly, yes! It would appear that quite often the DCA bark is worse than their bite and as soon as people who know their rights stand up to them they retreat back into the sewers with their tails between their legs. :grin:

Yippee, but with the new DCA now taking over I guess I'm not exactly out of woods just yet!

Keep an eye out though - I've read on one or two other threads of instances where folks have been chased for the same debt by two DCAs at the same time. :eek:

Good point - can they actually do this:eek:

Thank you all for your help & advice and sorry for not being able to reply immediately but I am having an absolute nightmare with internet connection at the moment :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having similar fun with Cope's on behalf of a client and am just about to cause them a little work... only one point, they steadfastly refused to give me a contact address. The only Cope's I can find on the Law Society register appear to be in a middle of a field in Devon yet the charming gentleman I spoke to in their office was on a Leeds number. Can anyone advise?

Edited by Alister

• 4 weeks later...

Any update here?

That nice Mr Cope has just written to me too - from St Albans! What a long commute he must have.....and he still finds time to play on his organ!:D

Humm, just reading this thread with interest, My hubby had a small plumbing business which he has decided to end, due to lack of work etc.... he had an account with a local builders merchants for approx £800.00, he had an agreement with them to pay £50.00 a month due to the economic climate, but last month they sent the debt to Newmans, who to be perfectly honestwere extremelly rude in their letters and their phone calls, hubby did contact them and said he would continue to pay £50.00 a month, but they keep ringing a week or so after the payment has been made asking for more,,, we keep ignoring the phone calls.

(sorry to hijack)

:lol: GASS

That nice Mr Cope has just written to me too - from St Albans! What a long commute he must have.....and he still finds time to play on his organ!:D

He travels more than I thought! Just noticed that he might have signed it in St Albans but he went all the way to Leeds to post it! Hmmmm....