Private parking ticket UKPC - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have reccently recieved in the post a 'Charge Certificate' from UKPC LTD demanding i pay £80 from an offence that occured on the 21-feb-09.

The letter includes a photgraph of the rear of my car, but with no time or date on the photo.

The incident was in a shared car park for residents and for shoppers for a aldi store. I am a resient at one of the flats, and we currently only have 1 permit which is used by my partner.

When my ticket was being issued i ran down to my car and explained to the officer i live there, how ever he said there was nothing he can do as he had already issued the ticket. At the same time I got a pay and display ticket from the machine.

I have read some threads about what people have done etc with this kind of thing, but everyone seems to have 'a disable badge' or a valid reason. I don't. Except that its ridiculous for me to go down every hour and put a new ticket on my car...where i live!

I really need some advice, so far im just ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away....is this the best thing to do, or shall I write a letter?

any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your response Crem -

my letter says if unapid within 28 days they will forward the outstanding amount to a debt recovery agency....if i recieve letters from them do I just ignore them too?

Yes ignore them too. The DCA will send you a few letters threatening all sorts of nonsense to do with baliffs/credit ratings/CCJs etc... dont be bullied or fooled by it.

If you ignore them they will go away after 2-3 letters and that will be it:D

Debt collection agency = a private company like any other with no powers to 'collect' anything. They merely write threatening letters and depend on people's ignorance/fear to make them pay up voluntarily. Old ladies are perfect debt collection clients.

Don't confuse them with bailiffs.

When my ticket was being issued i ran down to my car and explained to the officer

Officer? LOL. You mean a trained chimp in a luminous jacket.

Every part of the [problem] is designed to add credence - from the guy on the ground to the scary paperwork.

Officer? LOL. You mean a trained chimp in a luminous jacket.

:) hahaaa SPOT ON!

My flat over looks the carpark and reccently when it was snowing the said trained chimp (his a regular here) was scraping away the snow which had covered all the white parking bay lines to see if people had parked over a line,(which is an 'offence') and was issuing tickets to nearly everyone, people couldnt move there cars as they were snowed in! - there such oppurtunist ****...!

Thanks again to everyone for there responses - has made me happy im doing the right thing by ignoring it! Ill keep you posted if they do send more letters... :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say thank you all for the adivce on ignoring the letter/parking ticket ticket I recieved...

I did recieve a rather threatening letter a week after this demanding payment, and ignored that too. been about 3 weeks now and heard NOTHING from them! so hopefully they've left me alone!

Thanks again guys! :)

I just wanted to say thank you all for the adivce on ignoring the letter/parking ticket ticket I recieved...

I did recieve a rather threatening letter a week after this demanding payment, and ignored that too. been about 3 weeks now and heard NOTHING from them! so hopefully they've left me alone!

Thanks again guys! :)

No problems. Keep us posted if you hear anything else

I just thought I would post a quick question. I have been reading a lot of the posts on here and am pretty much of the opinion that I am going to ignore the notice issued to me but just wanted to run it by someone to see if I am right in doing this.

I recieved a notice when I was parked outside my boyfriends flat in a private resiential area. The management company have recently bought in the use of permits for parking here but we had not recieved them when the notice was issued as we were both away on holiday. The parking ticket said that the charge would be a completely different amount to the one that was then typed on the enforcement notice recieved in the post.

The address of the offense is also wrong on the enforcement notice. It seems to me that the company simply have no legs to stand on here - as they can not prove I was the driver of the car - even though there is a picture of the back of my car - they also can not prove that the car was in the stated location on the notice - which it clearly wasn't anyway.

Am I right just to ignore this notice? My Boyfriend receieved one also - his also has the wrong address on it for where the offense was supposedly committed. We both live in this property although I have only just moved in and so it just seems ridiculous.

I am a worrier - should I be worried or should I just ignore???

Would an appeal letter be a good idea or not?

Thanks for any advice

annoyedsomewhat:???:

get the residents together and sort the management company out. A pound to a pennt the management company have forced this on the residents.

they failed to issue the passes so any invoice has no chance even if you signed up to the parking agreement - which you didn't I wager.

still tough luck on them. sort out the management company. you can bet they are on a cut of the money. they cannot bind you as third party to their contract with the PPC. tell them to FRO and do it collectively.