• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Capital Finance One/Payday Credit - Anyone else used them? -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well im still waiting for my refund of 22.70 its really annoying. No one ever answers. I think im going to start charging a daily intrest rate of 2000%

And ive notice a chage in their number this new number actually makes them money the whole time your on the phone.

Is this compay registered with the fas or anyone like that?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Muggle

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/214884-capital-finance-one-help.html

Take a look at this thread - one of our fellow Caggers managed to get a refund via her bank.

It doesn't matter that it's 'only' £22.70 - it's your money and they have no right to have it! Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

no afraid not they owe me money. I have a nasty feeling this company has gone belly up.

I have an appointment with my ban k to get my money back. Hbos are treating it as a fraud as i have all emails from stating they will refund and its thier mistake.

Ive just found thier contact page is still active:

http://www.capitalfinanceone.com/contact.php

Edited by Muggle1977
update

I have tried emailing them and through their contact page but nothing.

I have also had money took from them which they were not owed.

I have just had to ring the bank then to report my debit card lost so they would not have my details.

I also have a nasty feeling this company has gone belly up.

Good riddance if they have - sadly though they will reincarnate themselves under another name, possibly Capital One might have something to do with their demise, after all it is a similar name and we all know what McDonalds is like over their 'name'.

Hopefully though one down and many more to follow.

I have just had a very intresting chat with the Financial Ombudsman . They have taken my complaint and are dealing with it.

I really suggest that everyone does this. Its got to the point now here my emails are being bounced back.

Normally i wouldnt get so worked up over something like this but i have been made redundant and every penny counts right now.

Good riddance if they have - sadly though they will reincarnate themselves under another name, possibly Capital One might have something to do with their demise, after all it is a similar name and we all know what McDonalds is like over their 'name'.

Hopefully though one down and many more to follow.

I think they're already on their 2nd or perhaps 3rd incarnation now. They have traded in the past as the following, but this is all I can find out without stumping up my hard-earned which I'm not in a position to do right now. There are some interesting posts on Yahoo Answers regarding this trading name.

Company Name:

JAMES KEEBLE LIMITED

Company No: 05765185

Registered Office:Incorporated: 31/03/2006HURLINGHAM CHAMBERS 61-65

STATION ROAD

CLACTON-ON-SEA

ESSEX

CO15 1SD

Company Type: Private Limited

Legal Status: Striking off Notice

Report Status: Full DataAccounts Type: DormantLatest Accounts to: 31/03/2008Latest Return to: 31/03/2009

I also found another website that was registered to them under yet another name, but can't for the life of me find the info now. I'll edit or repost when I do.

Any thoughts?

what does this mean on there info

Legal Status: Striking off Notice

That's what caught my eye, and the only definition I can find is this one:

STRIKING OFF NOTICE - as a result of a voluntary application or the non-filing of company documents, a company can be struck off the register and dissolved by the Registrar of Companies

I cannot believe this! I too took a loan out with them earlier this year, had trouble paying back but did so in 2 installments (which I didn't authorise but was just glad it had been paid.) After this everytime any money went out of my account some of it was taken straight back out by.........JAMES KEEBLE LOANS! so maybe they reckoned they could keep my details and take money out of my account under a different name and get away with it!! As I've been irresponsible with card details in the past I put this down to being my own fault and never tried to get the money back. Instead I just opened an account with another bank.... Now I know the truth I am soooo mad!

m12345, I should get straight down to your bank and start asking questions. If they've taken the whole amount owed in 2 installments as Cap Fin One but then continue to remove cash from your account using a different trading name, that sounds suspiciously underhand.

Then report these people to Trading Standards, The Financial Ombudsman and The OFT.

I wonder if this made it into the press how many other people would appear with similar stories? It all seems very shady....:eek:

I would strongly suggest that other FM's who have had run in's with this lot keep a very close eye on their statements with respect to payments to James Keeble.

I just emailed

[email protected]

And 5 minutes late I recieved a call from him asking about money I owe them. I actually don't owe them anything and in fact are trying to get money back which they took from my account.

By the sounds of it he is the only one at the office and he rang from a witheld number.

I asked what is happening with the company ie website down and no one answering the phone and he said it was because they are very busy.

I think it is just this guy working on his own.

I'm a researcher for the BBC and interested in hearing people's experiences with pay day type loans, please contact me on 07841698942. Thanks

Same as in your other post. A landline number would make you more likely to be taken seriously and not a spammer.

I'm a researcher for the BBC and interested in hearing people's experiences with pay day type loans, please contact me on 07841698942. Thanks

Sorry, but you're not likely to get much of a response - annoymous requests for info make people quite rightly nervous and supicious.

I have to say, I have noticed that there have been quite a lot of guests hovering around this and the other Cap Fin One threads, and I notice our "CFO are really good people" posters never reappeared ...anyway, just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me...;-)

I too had a loan with Capital One Finance,the balance was taken from my account twice last month however was corrected the same day.

I too have tried to contact them via phone and email but have yet to recieved any form of response!!!!

They did however take a random payment from my debit card of £1.00........maybe they were checking it was still valid???

The card has now been cancelled

Maybe they were testing it's validity, but if they take £1 from every single person they've given credit to in the past, I bet that mounts up to a fair few quid at the end of the day...and who's going to bother going all the way into their branch to argue over £1?? Or ring an 0845 number that will cost them more than a quid anyway?

Anyway, you've paid your loan back - they have neither right nor reason to check if your card is still valid.

Of course, to be fair, it could just be one of their many and varied "systems errors". If it was my company, whoever was looking after the systems side of things would have got their P45 weeks ago. To anyone of a cynical nature, all of these errors might start to look non-accidental.....

I totally agree,maybe they are taking £1 from previous customers debit cards............one way of making money I guess!!!

I have actually just received a missed call on my mobile from their new number (08456856157).When I tried to call this back, shock horror no answer.Lets hope this is the last i hear from them.