HSBC peculiar behaviour

mikek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a preliminary letter to HSBC for charges under £300 on my current account. The 14 days are up but they have still not responded. I also have a CC with them which has had no charges applied on it ever. I had a peculiar call from their CC department and while I had no response about my charges on the current account.

1. CC went overlimit this months when they added interest. NO CHARGE was applied (funnily) for exceeding the limit.

2. They called me asking funny questions like: "why are you behind with payments"? I am not behind actually and told them. The girl said "true you are not"

3. They could see a payment I made and were asking me how the payment was made even though I made it in cash at one of their branches.

4. They finished the call by saying they will close my CC if I miss payments. I HAVE NOT MISSED A SINGLE PAYMENT AND THE GIRL WAS OUT OF HER MIND COMPLETELY TALKING NONSENSE. When I asked her about this she said it is a standard thing they say in every call.

HSBC can be very disorganised. I now suspect they will be closing my current account and were trying to sort of warn me about the CC account.

• 2 months later...

It's likely that the CC company are aware of your letter to the bank even though it is an independant company that issues your CC but it sounds as if the note on your account has been misinterpreted or just not understood fullstop so that's why the girl didn't know what the hell she was on about! Don't be disheartened! Keep pushing for what you are owed.