Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, before I start let me say I have been reading these forums for the last few hours before I decided to join.

Today my son phoned me in complete panic as he had recieived a Parking Notice,demanding 80 pounds in 14 days or 120 withing 28 days, now there are a few things that bother me about it 1, my son has been parking in the same place for over a year 2, they put up a no parking sign today while he was at college and then gave him a ticket 3, the address for payment is a po box number 4, on the ticket is a list of reasons for the ticket but none have been ticked, so no reason has been given.

I know you will say ignore it and i would love to, but this is my 19 year old sons fine and he can afford it as it is let alone if it rockets, What would you suggest. Just a quick note a few yrs back i paid to stay in the central carpark in blackpool ended up getting a ticket for not parking in right place to ticket was ripped off my car and i ended up with my car clamped outside my house and paying 500 pounds so you can see why im dubious sorry

10-03-2009 21;41;47.jpg

10-03-2009 21;46;38.jpg

can't really read those thumbnails but it looks very like its a PPC invoice (not issued by a council). It sounds like it as well with those ridiculous amounts and dates. As such just ignore it. Have a read on here about PPCs. Which PPC is it ? And its is not a "fine".

Hi all, before I start let me say I have been reading these forums for the last few hours before I decided to join.

Today my son phoned me in complete panic as he had recieived a Parking Notice,demanding 80 pounds in 14 days or 120 withing 28 days, now there are a few things that bother me about it 1, my son has been parking in the same place for over a year 2, they put up a no parking sign today while he was at college and then gave him a ticket 3, the address for payment is a po box number 4, on the ticket is a list of reasons for the ticket but none have been ticked, so no reason has been given.

I know you will say ignore it and i would love to, but this is my 19 year old sons fine and he can't afford it as it is let alone if it rockets, What would you suggest.

Provided it is a PPC "invoice" - Ignore it

Just a quick note a few yrs back i paid to stay in the central carpark in blackpool ended up getting a ticket for not parking in right place to ticket was ripped off my car and i ended up with my car clamped outside my house and paying 500 pounds so you can see why im dubious

yours was obviously a "real" council/police one and these can't be ignored

sorry

Hi there,

As the guys say, if it was issued by a Private Parking Company then it is only an invoice - ignore them and let them try and take you to court - the chances are 99.9% that they wont.

On the other hand if it was council/Police then make sure you act upon it.

That said from the information you have provided I would venture that it is likely to be a Private company - have a look over it and update us.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

On a technical basis, your son accepted the conditions when he parked the car; therefore, as they changed these whilst his car was already parked they would stand an even lesser chance of enforcing it through the courts - I would think you are very safe to ignore if it is a PPC

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

did anyone see Doms on the case this morning my father in law said my son should pay fine then go to small claims court but i think ill advise my son to do as you have all said.

If he pays it, he shouldn't expect to see a penny of it back!

Why would you want to pay something and immediately ask for it back anyway? surely the easier answer is not to pay the [problem] in the first place.

I didnt think private companies were allowed to enforce Highways regulations ? Highways is either the police or the local council.

Private companies (like NCP) can do what they like in their own car parks, but thats it.

did anyone see Doms on the case this morning my father in law said my son should pay fine then go to small claims court but i think ill advise my son to do as you have all said.

Good God no.

Even if you did pay and win a small claims case to get it back, you'd still be unlikely to see it ever again. The company would just live with the CCJ and you'd be out of pocket to bring the case in the first place.

Was Dom talking about clampers? Again, don't hand over the money, but if you have no choice you'd have to go the small claims route to try and get it back.

Hi yes Doms programme was actually about clampers, we then found another of his shows the same week and it was a bout these parking tickets and the guy on it in no uncertain terms said dont pay, can i ask if they get our address can they come to our home and clamp or remove my sons car

Lamma is right and lets make no mistake - there are links on this very website to articles detailing clampers being sent to jail.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

To be fully clear - clamping on private land is a remedy for trespass only.

There is no way these cowboys can come to your home and clamp you for debt. The private security industry act and regs make this an offense. As others have said they can go to jail for it. Each offense carries a maximum of 5yrs and/or £5000.

Clamping can only be done by those permitted to by the law. Bailiffs will in some cases come to an address and clamp a car. They are instructed by a court or have other statutory backing. Clamping companies, debt collectors and private parking companies have no more powers to enforce a disputed debt by clamping then you or I do.

If you want more information on clamping then have a look at the clamping guide in the stickies section.

BTW Tell your son that this is nothing more than a [problem] - very much like the ones he'll see on "The Real Hustle". You could compare it to the dodgy e-mails/letters that appear periodically from Nigeria asking you to pay x amount and getting thousands in return. If you're taken in you never see your money again. Would your son pay out dosh if it was dressed up like that. I suspect not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------