Bankcrupcy effects on default amounts

Grid66

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I should expect to see in my credit report post bankcrupcy.

I declared bankcrupcy in August 2005 and included all creditors as per usual. Included in this was a CCJ I received literally days before the insolvency date. The amount was for £964.

I've just received my Experian Credit File and it includes 3 defaults as follows:

- The first one was for Egg, which was an outstanding amount on a credit card. The default is shown as 'satisfied' with no balance outstanding.

- The second is for AKTIV KAPITAL for a default amount of £802 and the balance outstanding £964, so not satisfied. This one ties up with the CCJ amount mentioned above.

- The third is for LINK FINANCIAL for a default amount of £9278 and the balance outstanding £2698, so not satified. This amount ties up with an amount outstanding when I handed back my car although the agreement was with GE Capital (?). I subsequently found out that the car was sold for around £7000-ish so this ties up.

All three of these were included in my insolvency paperwork so I have assumed that all the debt associated with these have been 'written off' as part of the bankcrupcy.

So why does the 1 show as 'satisifed' in terms of maney owed whereas the other 2 shows that I still owe this money?

Also is this worth chasing up?

Many thanks for your reply Buzby, it is very much appreciated.

If I am unsuccessful at having these amended, what happens after the 6 year drop off period with these debts?

Do they just drop off into oblivion as well?

It only gets worse, I've now done Equifax and I have no fewer than 7 'unsatisfied\unsettled' agreements, including 3 from LLoyds bank that were entered AFTER my bankcrupcy date.

All of these were included in my insolvency documentation.

Do I write to Equifax as well?

Yes to both - I should say that they don't actually 'drop off' - they remain part of your consumer history, it is simply that the CRA isn't allowed to provide the information externally.

However, if the police ask - OR if the ICO agrees to 'assist in fraud prevention' or 'responsible lending' (or some other fabricated excuse) and the limit is raised from 6 to (say) 10 years, all those old bits of information will reappear, which is why I NEVER use the phrase 'drop off'.