New Rankine Case

B3rty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this has been looked at but I came across this the other day and its a new rankine case

I had to post it on the site link ( Mods--its not commercial) as the court doc is word and I couldn't find it on the normal database..i

Rankines...they sure are trying hard!

Rankine

Live Life-Debt Free

I can't see anything in this to cause problems as they were arguing 127(4) and for most of us its just about prescribed terms which has 127(3) and the case law to back it up

Its not easy to understand but I think they were trying a technicallity over the fact that it wasn't a cancellable agreement which must have been cancelled so were using this to get a court judgement in their favour, however the court concluded that the mere fact that the agreement was voluntarily cancellable did not make it statutorily cancellable, and therefore s.127(4) could not apply.

Live Life-Debt Free

Dat's da bunny, yep.

The taxpayer pays for a useless action against companies now subsidised or owned by, wait for it, the taxpayer.

And they said Kafka was mad... Visionary, more like, although even he would probably have baulked at the excesses currently ongoing in this land and others. :rolleyes:

I am a novice compared to you guys but something strikes me as odd about the rankins?

Don't forget I am a distrusting bugger, so! The rankins seem to be setting up judgements that can be used against us.

Ok i'm an institution that collects money and legislation is constantly being introduced and used to make my collection activities more difficult and it is effecting my pocket. I have little recourse to get legislation changed so I need to to disarm and dilute what is being used against me. So if I set up cases were I am almost sure I am going to loose, I then take it as far as possible to get the judgement I am seeking. So I set up a patsy to do my bidding.

My question is are the Rankins the patsy, are we sure what game they are playing eg scrabble is a game of spelling words - NO - it is a game of using words to your best advantage!

This should open up a debate

Kel