Humby vs Silent HSBC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm claiming my partners bank charges back for him. So far I have sent the prelim letter 21st June (no response) then the LBA 16th July (no response).

I believe that at this stage I must now claim the money through the courts. I filled out the money claim online form but did not realise that the fee is £80!

Is there any other option to claim our money back as we will probably not be able to find this sort of money for a while? :sad:

I sent first letter by first class post, No responce, 2nd letter went recorded, Recieved by them the next day and they responded the same day

If you haven't sent recorded I would personally carry on the route as advised by this site ie moneyclaim

Is there any other option to claim our money back as we will probably not be able to find this sort of money for a while? :sad:

I am afraid not, It is going to cost.

In some finantial circumstances you can get the service for nothing (on befefits etc) but I don't know exactly which.

Can you get somebody to lend it to you, you will claim it back....

Crusher :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

...do you think it is worth going through the process again but sending it recorded post?

Not at all. Ordinary post is perfectly acceptable. The banks don't use recorded delivery and you don't have to either.

You can fill in MCOL and save it at any stage if you get stuck on something, go back and amend it etc. and then it's ready for when you find the fee, and you only have to press the submit button. Don't forget to keep a note of log in details,password etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...look at this for an update! I was resigned to waiting to find £80 to do the MCOL then today my partner called me at work to say he'd received a letter offering £540 (only £60 shy of what I was claiming)! We are going to accept this as it has taken long enough to get here.

Just to say if you don't have enough money to do the MCOL then patience may just pay off!

I'm off to start my claim now!!

Well...look at this for an update! I was resigned to waiting to find £80 to do the MCOL then today my partner called me at work to say he'd received a letter offering £540 (only £60 shy of what I was claiming)! We are going to accept this as it has taken long enough to get here.

Just to say if you don't have enough money to do the MCOL then patience may just pay off!

I'm off to start my claim now!!

well done

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)