• Tweets

• DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
    • Thank you. You left all your personal details showing on the invoice, but I've removed them. From Googling it seems the free parking is limited to one hour.  You stayed two.  There is no point appealing, you did overstay.  That's apart from the fact the private parking companies are just interested in £££££ and never accept appeals. We have other Iceland cases, Iceland as a company refuse to have these invoices cancelled. So it's up to you. Pay £51 and the matter goes away. Or refuse to pay.  Horizon very rarely do court.  We would support you all the way. 
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ex parte injunction against log book loans - and you can do it too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To late it has been sold...and they are still coming after me for thousands..I thought the loan was secured against the car!!.

They want to send in a debt collection agency in and are threathening other means of securing what they say i still owe, can this be right..:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to update... I know I am a bit flakey..

Anyway, have put in amended poc, w/s, alloc questionnaire, exhibits, etc.

They still have to hold onto my car. The court date is early July.

Incidently, the OFT has moved to remove lbl's consumer credit licence, this means they already have evidence of their activities. The delay is in the appeals process.

The OFT has a LOT more power since last year and have already said the BoS is unfair, ergo invalid.

Frustrated.

Er,... okay, I'm killing my own thread.

Still, if a site team member could help. I have used new info in the poc about the new OFT guidance on UTCCR - their own guidance actually makes certain terms/conditions, behaviour, criminal offences.

One thing I remember from the injunction hearing, is that the judge immediately picked up on the OFT rebuke to lbl on the BoS terms and conditions. I waved the OFT investigation in front of him and from that moment on the possibility of lbl disposing of my car was gone...

Frustrated

Hi Frustrated....

Is this the link you were hoping to post:

http://www.bllaw.co.uk/pdf/FINS_0608_CIS_UTCCR.pdf

If not, then apologies - but it does seem to offer quite a lot of guidance.

: )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi, thanks, but I was trying to copy and paste my particulars of claim, so other people can see the arguments I am using. But when I pressed paste, it call came out as rubbish!

I have also used the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPR's) which came in last year. Can you help?

Frustrated.

Going to cook dinner, will check later.

Frustrated - apologies for my mis-interpretation.

I've pasted below the link for the CPR's that you speak of for ready reference for anyone else who may need to familiarise themselves with the further protection available to them against unscrupulous business practises...

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft1008.pdf

I know others may encourage you to paste your poc on the forum - but I'm not keen on anyone pasting their personal Particulars of Claim on line before they have used them to best effect (i.e - the poc you used in your claim was successful) - so I'm pleased you were unable to paste them at this stage.

The CPR's pasted above is a 88 page document - valuable reading.

I am not familiar with your personal case, but I would say that when going to court (as you seem to be more than aware) you need as much ammunition as possible. So, if the Company you are claiming against are clearly in breach of any regulation contained within the CPR - then it is your duty to point it out...

I don't think that there is a right or wrong way of stating what you believe to be the case as a consumer - so long as what you write is ledgible and makes logical sense and is based on facts contained within the Law. A lot of the legal facts can be transcribed (copied and pasted from the Act itself) prefixed with 'it states in XXXX Act 1974 at Section xxxx that.....'

....and then state whatever it is that the person you are claiming against has done in contradiction to the Law or the Regulation.

When making a claim it is so easy to go 'overboard' - by going into loads of detail - I can't imagine that a Judge will be interested in the 'he said, and then she said' - so try to avoid this and stick only to the facts.

Best thing to do is write down eveything and then edit it to it's barest minimum - you may start off with say; 10 pages or more - try to get it down to 2 or 3.

There is never any guarantee in my experience that what you say or point out will ensure success as all cases are dealt with individually.

If you are in doubt about your Particulars of Claim, you can always attend your local court at the time you are lodging the claim - there are always Solicitors there 'scouting' for business - it's always a good idea to locate one of them and ask them if they don't mind having a look over your claim for you, they are normally more than willing to help. : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hi apple,

I was going to leave out the detail of the poc anyway, but lbl solicitors have been served with this. I have claimed under 3

legal heads, and started with the OFT. There will be a skeleton claim for the judge on the day of hearing. Just listing all legislation.. etc.

Frustrated

Sounds ideal...

Best of luck : )

• 2 months later...

can i take out an injunction to stop bailiffs coming to my home as the bill of sale was never registered (i know this makes my mm loan an unsecured debt but i've heard that might not stop em sending bailiffs...clare and ian

fluffy25

I take it the 'bailiffs' you speak of are not court bailiffs; but those sent by mm to take your car?

I prefer to refer to those type of 'bailiffs' as Agents - as such they need to be registered by the OFT to work in such a capacity - check the OFT public register to see if they are registered.

If they are not registered - report them to the OFT and crimestoppers.

If they are registered - let them know that the BOS is disputed and that they should be following the guidelines as issued by the OFT in collecting debt..... also advise them that they are jeopardising thier licence in following through on a debt that is disputed - and report them to the OFT anyway, to let the OFT know what they have done already. (as ALL licenced companies need to prove they are 'fit' to retain their licence)

Don't forget to report mm to OFT for using unlicenced Agents should this apply.

and if mm are using a licensed Agent - report them for using an Agent to follow through on a debt that is in dispute without it having been resolved.

Hope this helps : )

Hi thanks apple and gees for your advice, what has happend is - my husband has a severe mental health condition meaning he would not have capacity to take out any type of loan in 1st place so they have prayed on this!! When i called and asked for time to pay as a result of this they actually laughed down the phone! even the chief exec. This is why I now want to get them at any cost!!

He 1st signed for £500 on May 20th he made 2 monthly payments then was offered £1500 which was £500 to settle the 1st loan and £1000 cash advance. He was made to sign a new bill of sale and charged £130 to do so, this 1st bill of sale was reg with RCJ on 27th May so within the 7 days but the 2nd has never been registered. Our solicitor seems to think that when the 1st loan was satisfied the 1st bill of sale was cleared so now void??? is this correct or will it still stand for the 2nd loan? Please help as my whole case hangs on this, they have been so horrible almost like criminals, as well as my dissabled husband I have 2 babies and am pregnant so am not looking forward to dealing with bailiffs.

Hi

Fluffy

Your case is another case that is really sad but proof that these people prey on the unfortunate purposefully with one aim in mind and it certainly isnt to help the customer through bad times, it is more to cash in on those that cant help themselves.

Any business like this ( a business to help those that cant get credit ) should be government funded and looked after by law abiding public agencies and not given to these criminals what seems to be a license to con struggling families.

I know there is credit unions but all loan agencies in this sector where unfortunate circumstances apply, this if handled like LBL and MM ruins peoples quality of life not just individuals but whole families lives too..

After reading the above it so mirrors my circumstances but I had to take out a 3rd loan taking mine to 13k because i was desperate and didnt know what to do.

They even knew that my only income was incapacity benefit and that my repayments would take all and more of my benefits???

from that they knew I would not be able to afford to pay so they knew eventually that they would have my car,,,,or so they thought, I was glad I logged into this site where I was advised to hide my car which is what I have done for 2 1/2 years.

All this time my car is depreciating in value and once I get advice back from the OFT I will be claiming this as well as for miselling, misrepresentation, breach of duty of care and claiming for personal injury through the stress that this has caused, and if criminal charges can also be pressed I will do this also. what ****.

anyway i hope you get the help you need and are sorted out asap.

A.

Hi Fluffy

I'm starting to smell a rat here...... Fluffy, the first was registered in time you say; then you say the second Bill of Sale was never registered - are you sure of this?

Think it through - Bills of Sale are not toys!!!!, they are a legal instrument governed by Law... any loan taken that the lender intends to secure by a bill of sale must be registered.

If you have 1,2,3 or whatever number of loans, and the lender wishes to secure the loan by way of a bill of sale - the lender would have to register each individual loan.

No bill of sale no security. Full stop!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been sucessful with my injunction on LBL, Its going to the courts next week! I cant believe hoe LBL have not had there licence taken awy from them - Ive never had a loan with them!

Anyway the previous owner had outstanding finance which was paid by her boyfriend. So there was no outstanding finance on the vehicle - look book loans even confirmed this!! Last week, my car was taken away from me from a company called Anglia UK on behalf of LBL - the reason anyway was because the previous owners BF contested the payment, he said he never made this payment, so he got his money refunded.. now they have taken my car!!

I brought that car only on the basis that the finance company declared they have no interest in vehicle!!

Anyway court case next week.. will let you know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just got back from court this morning.

A barrister this morning was at the court on behalf off LBL. The injunction on my vehicle is still there - so they cant sell the vehicle, If they do not obey this order they will be guilty of comtempt of court. So now I'm waiting on a date for the full trial…. Wish me luck people!!

Hi All

I've just returned from consulting a solictor ahead of my next court case with Log Book Loans. After running through my side of events and showing her both mine and Log Book Loans statement it seems that the case could boil down to my word against theirs.

If this is the case, do I risk going ahead with a 50/50 chance of winning and getting my car back, or a 50/50 chance of losing and being made accountable for both mine and Log Book Loans legal fees?

Don't get me wrong, this is in no way me showing a lack of confidence, but as a regular working man, can I afford to lose a car and also foot the bill of large legal costs should this not go my way?

I know you are right JC.

I'm just getting a bit tired with it all, yesterday I was down, I'm a contractor and all of this time I take off work etc. cost me a lot of money..... at the moment I cannot see any light from this situation.

Wonder if I could get statements from anyone on here who LBL have been dishonest to? Would this help in front of a judge?

Hi Luc1

Just a couple of thoughts. As far as I am aware, the critera for LBL to give a loan is that there is not any outstanding finance on the vehicle and they do a check on this when you phone them. If this is the case why would they give you a loan if - as they say, there is oustanding finance on it. Also, I dont know how much you are trying to claim but you can ask your Solicitor for details about taking out an insurance policy to cover the costs, eiither to pay only LBLs costs if you lose or both sides costs if you lose. Unfortunately I don't know how much these are.

Good Luck

Crusader

Hi LogbookCrusader,

Ive never had a loan with these people, the prev owner did which they paid.

brief outlay:

- I viewed the vehicle, which I was told there was no finance outstanding.

- rang up the finance company (LBL) to find out this was true. The

response was yes. Payment received 5wks prior, transaction by boyfriend & cleared in LBL account.

- Gave me green light to buy the vehicle.

- then 5 months later @ 6;45am baliffs/agents take my vehicle on behalf of LBL.

- Numerous phone calls, finally got hold of them to tell me the boyfriends payment was contested, payment to BF cash or credit card.

- So from the day there has been outstanding finance.

Now LBL are saying that they told me over the phone the day I puchased the vehicle they were holding a interest for 2 months b'cos the payment was by the boyfriend over the phone and not her.

This I claim was false, I would not of brought the vehicle if so...