Me V's Nationwide

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Just sent off my Access request to Nationwide only 40 days to go before I get to find out how much they owe me.

Incidentally I have used the letter to my local MP as a first port of call and have received a response this morning. She has basically written to the OFT regarding my letter and The Cheif Exec has written bank himself and named me in his letter along with copies of statments of the OFT's findings regarding excessive bank charges. Im sure that this can only add weight to my case.

Wish me luck and I will keep you all posted.

Rgds

Hi and welcome :) Nationwide are relatively easy to get your bank charges back from at the moment. You'll probably get a few standard letters but you should get your money back within about 10 days of issuing your moneyclaim.

Keep us updated :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi!

What first letter did you use??? as I am about to claim my charges back

normanpj

Use the letter templates in the Library section - please can you start your own thread. Thanks.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got copies of my statements from Nationwide will have to go through and add up the total charges, from first glance it looks like its going to be in the region of £1000.

Had to pick up the statements from my local branch and was chatting to the manager by chance an old friend. She seems to think that Nationwide are getting easier to claim from....although she did stop herself after she thought she had said too much.

Will post further updates when i have done the final calculations.

Thanks again to everyone who is posting on this site.

Prelim letter sent today giving them 14 days notice, total stands at £1102.50.....there are loads of "cheque card misuse" charges on there because this is an old account.

Has anyone else had this charge for the cheque guarantee card and if so is this a possible get out clause for them as they have actually called it a misuse fee?

Your coments will be greatly appreciated

thanks again

Misuse Fees are certainly reclaimable - I know of a few people who have claimed these back :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

Just to let you all know still not received a reply from my prelim letter and they only have 2 days before the deadline expires.

Is it common to not receive a response at all to the prelim letter, has anyone else experienced this.

your comments would be much appreciated.

thanks again

Hi,

LBA prepared and sent to nationwide via special delivery royalmail.com confirms it has been delivered so the clock is ticking.

Started to fill out the money claim and saved in preparation and to keep to the tight deadlines.

Look forward to seeing what the defence they will put up.

Will keep eveyone posted

Hi!

Thought I would let you know where I am with Nationwide

1st letter sent and recieved statements on the 40th day

Claim letter sent and am waiting for a reply to that

normanpj

Hi Norman

Good luck with it mate keep the pressure on them and they will fold eventually and dont let them intimidate you into forgetting the whole thing.

I will keep an eye on your thread but best of luck

• 2 months later...

Haing read some of the threads...i am now at the stage of sending Nationwide the Prelim letter, prior to this the bank have just said that the costs are due to account management :x ...is this a usual response?