• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg Loan and Me (hello!)

Big Nick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this is my introduction to this forum so please be gentle! Just thought I'd try and explain what I'm going through right now and see if you can help me.

Mods are welcome to delete or amend this if you feel I'm giving out too much info.

About 10 years ago I got my first credit card and promptly maxed it out. Got a few more over the years, transferred various balances, consolidated them into loans, fell behind with those, got a bailout from the Bank of Dad (and a bollocking!) and am slowly paying off the rest.

Right now I have a credit card near maxed out but no real problems paying the minimum. Have applied for a CCA from them.

Current account has a £500 overdraft which I can't seem to clear so am paying minor fees for that (£3 per month). Not chasing this.

This Egg Loan was a top-up of a previous loan and has now been defaulted for about 5 years during which I've paid a small agreed amount each month. 2 months ago they got in touch for the first time in years wanting more money. Seems that somebody took charge of their defaultees section and decided I deserved more agressive chasing.

Although I can just pay a bit more I'm not wild about it having recently been made aware of the possibility that the agreement may not be enforceable and that the Payment Protection may have been wrongly sold or added on.

I CCA'd them and got told they needed my signature for them to give out the information, this in the same week they sent me a statement for the account. I've sent a letter back querying that (see other thread) and am now waiting for their next move.

I suppose I'm hoping to prove the agreement is unenforcable and not have to pay back the remaining amount.

Write and ask them which section of the CCA 1974 says you must provide a signature before they comply with a statutory request. Remind them that they have 12 days to comply with a stautory request. If they do not comply in this time, they are in default and they must not undertake any collection activities. If the default continues for more than a month, they commit an offence.

At the same time, start a claim for any unlawful charges (late payment cahrges) and mis-sold PPI - prelim letter, letter before action, court.

Thanks Steven, I did point out to them a signature was not required under the CCA 1974. If I haven't got the documents from them by the 25th March I will stop the DD going out and write to tell them why. Pretty sure there's a template out there to guide me.

Good point regarding the payment charges. I'm sure they did that several times before I started getting things straight. I'll dig out the old statement and check the details tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for a response for my Egg Loan CCA request. I'm now preparing a letter asking again for this and explaining that I am stopping payments until I receive the documents requested.

The loan account is in default so I can't see this action damaging my credit record!

Hi Nick,

In my request I also didn't sign it but I included a copy of my drivers licence ( with the sig blanked out) and a utility bill. I got the agreement back fine no arguments.

Pity for them the agreement is far from fine, so hang tough Nick, you aren't the first person to get themselves into trouble moneywise-you haven't bashed an old lady over the head and nicked their pension book. You aren't a criminal, just hard up like the rest of us are. You won't get a hard time here I absolutely promise you-everyone here is in the same or similar situation and we all help each other out.

Keep the faith, you'll be fine in the end.

Well, they haven't sent the agreement so I wrote to them last week basically saying that until I get a copy of the agreement I'm not paying any more money.

Must say that having that extra £100 will go nicely to sorting out the credit card! That actually raises another point: IF the agreement is somehow legal, how soon do I have to resume payments?

I also need to find a way to scan and edit the paperwork so I can place it online. Got any good tips on this?

Surprise! The loan agreement and T&Cs finally arrived. I will scan and post them soon. Should they have sent statements too?

Considering I told them I am disputing the account based on the lack of documents and stopped the payment, how do I stand now I have the documents? How long do I have until I am legally required to resume payments or take further action?

I've put all the bank documents in a PhotoBucket album. Hope you can read them cos it's the first time I've used my scanner in years!

Egg1.jpg

Egg2.jpg

Egg3.jpg

Egg4.jpg

Egg5.jpg

Egg6.jpg

Egg7.jpg

Edited by Big Nick
Problem viewing documents.

Isn't there a possible multiple agreements issue because the PPI has not been properly separated out?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Default Notice to check it.

Have you had an Arrears Notice in the last few months? If you did, did you get one and then a "corrected" one?

Time for an SAR, methinks. Do you think I'm legally OK to withhold payment until that comes through as it sounds like it could be a few weeks yet?

Wondering now if I should arrange for an expert to review the SAR when it arrives to be certain. Think I might phone a few local solicitors to see what they charge and if they can help.

There is a school of thought that says that the fact that PPI is a different sort of loan to the rest (it is restricted-use, debtor-creditor-supplier wherreas the remainder is unrestricted-use, debtor-creditor) and that makes it fall under s18 of the CCA 1974. However, not everyone agrees that this makes a difference. I think it does, but the issue has not been tested in court AFAIK

Just had a frustrating conversation with Egg callcentre :-x

I had an answerphone message asking me to call them 'as a matter of urgency'. I did that today and wasted 12 minutes going round in circles.

Called the number they gave, went thru numerous ID proving tricks and was then asked 'What did you want to talk about today?'. You'd think they would know as they asked me to call them in the first place. :-x

Eventually got put through to the collections dept who didn't know why I hadn't made the April payment and apparently didn't know about the letters I'd sent them. Told them to read the correspondence and then get back to me.

I reckon that if I'm making the effort to contact them then they should do the same. Aaaaarrrrghghghhhh!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

sounds typical egg to me, do'nt ring again because you will still get phone calls and correspondance asking you to contact them etc as a matter of urgency. Writing only because verbal words are meaningless as far as they are concerned

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 2 years later...

Holy thread revival Batman!

Back in February 2011 I sent a general letter to Egg requesting repayment of PPI on the grounds of mis-selling, they replied confirming their reciept of the letter and that they were investigating. In March I got the '4 weeks and still investigating' letter, in April I got the '8 weeks and still investigating, you can tell the Ombudsman' letter. Thought I'd give them a little while longer and then forgot about it all with work and other stuff.

I guess that I should have done an SAR first but I'm not good with all that legal stuff.

Last week I learnt of the sell-off to Arrow/Britannica and today the letter arrived saying that the debt was now in the hands of Britannica Recoveries and that I should deal with them directly.

Where does this leave me regarding the PPI repayment?

What's the worst that Britannica can do regarding this debt? I don't want to end up being declared bankrupt or having bailiffs round the house....

Going to phone them now and see what they say, no point paying Egg when BR want the money.

Just had a good friendly chat with the RMA Arrow people and sorted out the repayments with my bank. That was the easy bit.

This is where it gets interesting....

In Feb 2011 the annual statement said I owed £2425. I am repaying £100 per month so I think I now owe £2025. RMA think it would be £2325. When I queried this RMA suggested I contact Egg via a phone number that proved to be out of service. They acknowledged this when I called them back and said they'd put the account into dispute but I should continue making repayments.

I wonder if Egg gave RMA the most up-to-date set of account details?

• 2 weeks later...

Things are looking up!!!:-o

Today Egg sent me a letter saying they agreed with my PPI complaint! I don't quite get their logic with the refund they sent though.

Total compensation £4457.87 (see below)

Amount owed £2025

Refund cheque £1957.99

Award calculation

Total PPI premium £2918.90

Interest on premiums paid £463.19

Plus 8% interest £1075.78

They have withheld £474.88 to "put my loan in the position it would have been had I not taken PPI". What is this, is it allowed and why?

This also brings up another issue. While Egg were deciding this the debt was handed to RMA Arrow for collection. I've paid them £100 this month and obviously I now need to get this back and get them to agree that the debt is now settled. Is it wise of me to send copies of all the relevant letters to RMA for them to study?