• Tweets

• Try CPR 31.15 Possibly but a party is not compelled to disclose any documents pre allocation
    • Hi, I shown my key worker a letter that was sent to me saying that I owe £1200, she setup a standing order around 2021, this was to pay back money I owed, with my mental health status I have had complex issues to deal with and I just simply forgot about this standing order so it has been running for about 3.5 years acording to my key worker, anyway I'm not worried about the money that was sent that I call a overpayment, it went towards supporting my child's household so I am just happy with that, I am a little sad that I am being told I still owe this £1200, I have sent bank statements over 3 years worth but they have not taken away this £1200 bill and still say I owe it   Thank you
    • She did try contacting EON in the early days of the debt but they refused to speak to her because she could not pass the security checks. She didn't know the answers on an account she hadn't opened?   I also saw this article recently which could be what has happended here: Debt collection agencies in the UK are using fair means or foul to link people to an address where an unpaid debt has been run up, sometimes years after they have moved out The Guardian Anna Tims Mon 22 Apr 2024 The letter from the debt collection agency arrived out of the blue, and it was intimidating. It informed Joshua Simpson* that he owed £2,212 to Octopus Energy, and accused him of ignoring previous requests to settle the bill. If he did not stump up within 14 days, he was told, further action would be taken to recover the money. Simpson checked his Octopus account – it was in credit. Then he noticed the address where the debt had been accrued between 2022 and 2023. It was his childhood home – which his family had sold 18 years previously. "Since I was only 16 when we left the property, I was astonished that they'd linked my name [to it]," he says. "The debt collection agency insisted I provide a tenancy agreement to prove how long I've lived at my current address. I couldn't, since we bought our home. "They are now actively pursuing me for this debt, causing me a huge amount of stress. We are about to remortgage, and if this debt prevents us switching to a better deal, we will face real financial hardship." Simpson had been sucked into the shadowy world of "identity tracing", whereby investigators recruited by creditors seek to locate individuals who have moved home without paying their bills. It is an unregulated sector where anyone can set up as an agent in a back room without a licence, or scrutiny, and use fair means or foul to identify debtors. Reputable companies join a trade association that operates a code of practice, but membership is not mandatory, and mistakes are common. Last year, a teenage boy was chased for a debt of more than £900 by debt collectors acting for the energy company Ovo. A "trace agent" had somehow linked him to the debt because his parents had previously rented the property in question. An investigation by the Observer established that the debt had been run up by a subsequent tenant. The consequences of mistaken identity can be catastrophic. Individuals who are erroneously linked to a debt face, at worst, court action, bailiffs and a ruined credit rating. At best, they can endure weeks of stress and paperwork in order to prove they are not the debtor. It is estimated that 20m identity traces are made in the UK every year, many on behalf of companies that are owed money. Personal data is often obtained from credit reference agencies, which record applications for credit, and details are supposed to be verified with several different sources before being used for debt enforcement. In practice, however, this does not always happen. Simpson's details had been passed along a chain of intermediaries before the demand was issued. Octopus had given the unpaid account to a debt collection agent, which had contracted a tracing service, GBG, to find the debtor................ Full Article: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/oct/04/a-cry-for-help-energy-providers-play-the-villain-in-dramas-to-chill-the-blood ..............The Financial Ombudsman Service, which investigates complaints about financial firms, states that debt collection agents have to produce convincing evidence to link an individual to a debt, rather than rely on names, addresses and birth dates. According to the trade association, the Institute of Professional Investigators, an unknown number of investigators and trace agents are operating below the radar. Many more are merely inept, as data protection compliance training is not mandatory. "We have been campaigning for many, many years to try to get all private investigators regulated," says secretary general Glyn Evans.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paragon Ppi Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am looking to claim my PPI insurance back from Paragon,after reading quite a few post on this web site I know I have a very good case.I took a secured loan out in 2005 for £31k worst thing I ever did,but to late now,after reading my loan agreement it looks like I will be paying £13'324.80 for 5 year ppi insurance,can someone please confirm this is correct ? Or does this cover me for the duration of the loan ?

Also can someone please point me in the right direction as to which SAR to use for my circumstances

Please see attached loan agreement.

Thanks

agreement3.jpg

agreement3.jpg

Edited by WLG

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello WLG, Welcome to the PPI forum:)

Will try to assist where possible.

Hi

I am looking to claim my PPI insurance back from Paragon,after reading quite a few post on this web site I know I have a very good case.I took a secured loan out in 2005 for £31k worst thing I ever did,but to late now,after reading my loan agreement it looks like I will be paying £13'324.80 for 5 year ppi insurance,can someone please confirm this is correct ? Or does this cover me for the duration of the loan ? Sadly 5 years is all you get.:eek: Problem during this time you may not have been covered by the PPI due to exclusions in the policy terms and conditions.

Also can someone please point me in the right direction as to which SRS to use for my circumstances

Please see attached loan agreement.

Thanks

You need to start the ball rolling with a Subject Access Request to Paragon asking for all the data applicable to your self and the loan you have with them.

There are templates for the SAR fee is £10.00 and you must insist on getting all the data they hold. The Consumer Credit Agreement and the terms and conditions applicable to that agreement at the time of the agreement. You should also get statements of the account, any correspondence in regard to the agreement. Also ask for the needs and wants questionnaire/customer duty of care questionnaire that the staff were obliged to record at the time of the sale of the loan/PPI.

Please check out the stickies at the top of the forum for more information on what grounds you have to complain about mis-selling of PPI and much much more. I cannot post the links as I am working from laptop and firefox.

I will hopefully be able to provide more info later.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

You are in good hands with Alanalana but the fact the insurance only covers for the first 5 yrs is good grounds to claim it back because ill have a bet that they did not tell you this.

The Links to get you started are:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/80582-ppi-claims-further-information.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/135060-links.html

And just so you can see how widespread the mis-selling of this product is

PPI in the media - The Consumer Forums

As Alan could not post the links ive done it for him !!!!!!!

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Nice one pompey thanks for that have now switched from firefox to ie7 so providing I get good signal I should be able to post links.

Appreciate your help cannot tip scales have to share first but well done and thanks for stepping in.:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Well i do not wish to impose on your already good info to WLG but ill step in if you are not about.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Excellent Guys,thanks AA and PF for your help so far.

PF... you are totally correct they did not say anything with regards to the cover only being for 5 years.Does this make a difference that it does state it on my agreement above,but they didnt tell me ??

I will have a good read of the info/links provided over the next day or so and get a plan of attack together.

I will keep you informed every step of the way.

Thanks again

WLG

it should have been brought to your attention merely putting on paper is not good enough you had to be clear of all the facts before you sign this is one of the reasons why the FSA has banned the sale of PPI at the point of buying the loan which comes into force next year Go Get Them !!!! PF

Edited by pompeyfaith

Thanks PF,Please take a quick look at the draft copy of the SAR for me before I send it off today. The only thing I have added is the section regarding the

questionnaire/customer duty of care questionnaire.

Paragon Finance PLC

St Catherine’s Court, Herbert Road

Solihull, West Midlands

B91 3QE

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name: LLLLLLLLLLLL

Account No: 1111111111111

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts.

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

-Copy of the needs and wants questionnaire/customer duty of care questionnaire.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

fantastic looks good put the SAR heading in bold red text though so there is no mistake on their part PF

You are more than welcome

Have you read this link as their maybe more than one reason you where mis-sold remember fire with a fully loaded gun.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

Regards

PF

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Guys

I have just received the response below from Paragon.

Along with the response highlighted below I have received.

1) Copy of credit agreement.

2) A statement highlighting all payments

3) Secured Personal loan Payment Protection 5 Year Certificate of insurance.

4) Paragon Secured Personal Loan Payment Protaction Policy Summary 5 Year Cover.

5) Home Application Form

6) Pay Slips

7) Appendix 1 ,2 and 3

Can you please take a look and advise what the next step would be ?

We refer to your recent subject access request and enclose copies of the personal data to which you are entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA").

Whether certain information must be disclosed depends on whether it is 'personal data' and how it is stored. By way of explanation, if you have requested, or were expecting to receive, any of the items detailed below then our position is as follows:-

(a) Any underwriting sheet or record, settlement quotation, valuation report or correspondence is held by us either on a paper file or microfiche that is not a relevant filing system for the purposes of the Act or, if held in a digital medium, is not being processed by equipment that is operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose. Accordingly, these items do not fall within the ambit of Section 7 of the Act.

(b) We will not provide details of any commission paid to an introducer or received from an insurer. This information is not personal data and therefore does not fall within the ambit of Section 7 of the Act;

(d) If it has been requested, we have provided copies of the account transaction history to the extent they comprise personal data for the purposes of the Act.

The following information, supplied in addition to your personal data, has been arranged in appendices as follows;

Appendix 1 - List of recipients

As a data controller, Paragon is required to notify the Information Commissioner as to the way in which we use and share information held on our records. For your convenience a sample copy of some of these uses are attached.

Appendix 2 - Credit Reference Agencies

As part of our loan application processes a credit reference is obtained from a Credit Reference Agency. We are unable to provide you copies of these references but can confirm that the agencies we use are listed on this appendix. If you approach these agencies direct, giving all the addresses you have lived at for the last 6 years, they will provide you with a copy of their credit file.

Appendix 3 - Fraud Prevention Schemes

Paragon is a member of various Fraud Prevention Schemes. This allows us to exchange details of applications for finance with other members for the purposes of preventing fraudulent activity. Typically, members of these schemes are institutions such as banks, building societies, finance companies, telecommunication companies, utility companies, insurance companies and mail order companies.

I hope the information enclosed is of assistance to you, however, if you have any further

queries please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Thanks

Regards WLG

:)

We refer to your recent subject access request and enclose copies of the personal data to which you are entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Data Protection Act").

Whether certain information must be disclosed depends on whether it is 'personal data' and how it is stored. By way of explanation, if you have requested, or were expecting to receive, any of the items detailed below then our position is as follows:-

(a) Any underwriting sheet or record, settlement quotation, valuation report or correspondence is held by us either on a paper file or microfiche that is not a relevant filing system for the purposes of the Act or, if held in a digital medium, is not being processed by equipment that is operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose. Accordingly, these items do not fall within the ambit of Section 7 of the Act.

(b) We will not provide details of any commission paid to an introducer or received from an insurer. This information is not personal data and therefore does not fall within the ambit of Section 7 of the Act;

(d) If it has been requested, we have provided copies of the account transaction history to the extent they comprise personal data for the purposes of the Act.

The following information, supplied in addition to your personal data, has been arranged in appendices as follows;

Appendix 1 - List of recipients

As a data controller, Paragon is required to notify the Information Commissioner as to the way in which we use and share information held on our records. For your convenience a sample copy of some of these uses are attached.

Appendix 2 - Credit Reference Agencies

As part of our loan application processes a credit reference is obtained from a Credit Reference Agency. We are unable to provide you copies of these references but can confirm that the agencies we use are listed on this appendix. If you approach these agencies direct, giving all the addresses you have lived at for the last 6 years, they will provide you with a copy of their credit file.

Appendix 3 - Fraud Prevention Schemes

Paragon is a member of various Fraud Prevention Schemes. This allows us to exchange details of applications for finance with other members for the purposes of preventing fraudulent activity. Typically, members of these schemes are institutions such as banks, building societies, finance companies, telecommunication companies, utility companies, insurance companies and mail order companies.

I hope the information enclosed is of assistance to you, however, if you have any further

queries please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below.

Thanks

Please see this thread re microfiche.

Barclaycard & Microfiche - they are wrong - OFFICIAL

and this link to the Information Commissioners office....

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/detailed_specialist_guides/what_is_data_for_the_purposes_of_the_dpa.pdf

If you are unhappy with the response you should complain to the Information Commissioners Office link here.....

Complaints - Information Commissioners Office

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for that.

Sorry for being stupid,but what is the response from paragon telling me ? And what is it now I am trying to get from them ?

Am I to complain because they have not supplied everything I requested ?

Again sorry,but it all complicated to me.

Thanks WLG

Thanks for that.

Sorry for being stupid,but what is the response from paragon telling me ? And what is it now I am trying to get from them ? (any data you consider they should have provided but have not. If you are happy with the data they have provided then the next step is to reclaim your PPI)

Am I to complain because they have not supplied everything I requested ? (Yes)

Again sorry,but it all complicated to me.

Thanks WLG

You are asking for all the data that paragon hold on you as a data subject which they must supply within 40 days this is laid down in the Data Protection Act.

Paragon are saying we do not have to supply the information if it does not form part of a relevant filing system and using extracts from the Act to deny you access to the data.

My previous post with links was trying to point out that most filing systems are relevant and therefore they should supply the information.

As they have not supplied it you can make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office and he has the power to enforce them to give you the data.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks aa

From the advise you have given I think the best plan of attack would be to complain to the Information Commissioners Office and then try and get all the information before i try and reclaim my PPI.

Or would you say I had a good enough case to try and reclaim at this stage ?

Regards WLG

Thanks aa

From the advise you have given I think the best plan of attack would be to complain to the Information Commissioners Office and then try and get all the information before i try and reclaim my PPI.

Or would you say I had a good enough case to try and reclaim at this stage ? (the choice here is only one you can make. If I were to advise and it was not successful then :eek: If you get my drift. Folks on CAG can advise and support but ultimately the decisions have to be your own and not from me or any other member of the CAG site.:)

Regards WLG

IMO better pre armed before an attack. If you have the information and the FOS (If you go that route do not uphold your complaint for mis-selling) Then at least you should have via the ICO the information required if you need to go down the Court route. If you go to Court you will need to be well prepared as you do not want the opposition producing documents in Court that you have not already requested in a legal SAR;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi aa

I have spoken to someone at the Information Commissioners Office and they advised me to write to Paragon again and explain that I was not happy with their response to my SAR.I wrote a brief letter using some of the advise you gave me.(See letter Below).

Paragon Finance PLC

St Catherine’s Court, Herbert Road

Solihull, West Midlands

B91 3QE

Date 12th May 2009

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

WLG

Account No: XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your timely response to my SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST.

Unfortunately you have not sent all the information I requested you are saying we (Paragon) do not have to supply the information if it does not form part of a relevant filing system and you are using extracts from the Act to deny me access to the data.

I am asking for ALL the data that paragon hold on me as a data subject which you (Paragon) must supply within 40 days as laid down in the Data Protection Act 1998.

My SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST was sent to you 9th April 2009, please supply all requested information with in the 40 days of my original subject to access request (Dated 9th April 2009) as laid down in the Data Protection Act 1998.

Failure not to supply me with ALL requested information will leave me with no choice but to file a complaint against paragon with the Information Commissioners Office.

I have enclosed my original SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST (Dated 9th April 2009)

Kindest Regards

This is the response from the above letter dated 12th May.

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Account Number: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter of '12 May 2009.

The Data Protection Act is quite clear in its instructions to companies on what data must be disclosed under a Subject Access Request and we have complied with these requirements. I have reviewed the requests made in both your letters and have addressed each element on a point by point basis to hopefully assure you we have supplied you with all relevant information.

• You only hold one account with Paragon Personal Finance Ltd.

• A complete list of transactions and charges relating to this account, including payment protection insurance was supplied to you in the form of a Statement of Account in our response of 8 May 2009.

• The only document that could be described as a 'contract' is the Credit
  • Agreement incorporating a Legal Charge over your property. This document was supplied in our response of 8 May 2009.

• The only document that could be described as a supporting document to the Credit Agreement is the Certificate of Insurance. This document was supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to your only account with Paragon Personal Finance Ltd was supplied to you in the form of a Statement of Account in our response of 8 May 2009.

• Copies of all documents which include any of your personal information,
  • including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records
  • containing your personal information that are held in a relevant filing system, namely the Credit Agreement, application form and payslips, were supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• There is nothing to suggest we have entered into correspondence with any
  • individual, organisation or third party including your personal or financial details in our filing system.

• There is nothing to suggest we have deleted or disposed of any of your records.

• The personal information we hold about you was obtained from the application form, a copy of which was supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• Any pre-contract information including any Demands & Needs statement would have been provided to you by your brokers, Central Capital Limited, who acted on your behalf during the sale of your loan and associated insurance. Paragon did not receive the application until after the Credit Agreement lad been signed.

In view of the above I would dispute your claim that our initial response did not comply with our duties under section 7 of the Data Protection Act. However, if there is a specific item that you are interested in that has not been supplied then please let me know and I

will see if it can be obtained for you.

Yours sincerely

From paragon’s response can I draw your attention to the last bullet point that mentions Central Capital Ltd ,I do not remember ever dealing with them, but that does not mean I never .Its been a long time since November 05 when I took the loan out. My question is should I be dealing direct with Central Capital and not Paragon ?

Can you also please comment on the rest of the letter from paragon?

Any help is really appreciate as this is all very complicated to me.

You have helped on a similar case before (Link Below).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/145622-ppi-mis-sold-paragon.html

Thank you very much :)

WLG

Just going through my stuff from Paragon and found this

Central.jpg

Edited by WLG

• You only hold one account with Paragon Personal Finance Ltd.

• A complete list of transactions and charges relating to this account, including payment protection insurance was supplied to you in the form of a Statement of Account in our response of 8 May 2009.

• The only document that could be described as a 'contract' is the Credit
  • Agreement incorporating a Legal Charge over your property. This document was supplied in our response of 8 May 2009. (this does include the PPI but I believe they are saying the CCA would not have been presented to you unless the PPI had been agreed through central capital.

• The only document that could be described as a supporting document to the Credit Agreement is the Certificate of Insurance. This document was supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to your only account with Paragon Personal Finance Ltd was supplied to you in the form of a Statement of Account in our response of 8 May 2009. (the issue here is that all of your repayments on the CCA which appear to include the PPI costs will be being paid back to paragon as per the CCA. Paragon will have paid the broker up front to get them to give you a PPI quote which is then added to your agreement Paragon pays broker you pay paragon so IMO the claim is against paragon.

• Copies of all documents which include any of your personal information,
  • including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records
  • containing your personal information that are held in a relevant filing system, namely the Credit Agreement, application form and payslips, were supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• There is nothing to suggest we have entered into correspondence with any
  • individual, organisation or third party including your personal or financial details in our filing system.

• There is nothing to suggest we have deleted or disposed of any of your records.

• The personal information we hold about you was obtained from the application form, a copy of which was supplied to you in our response of 8 May 2009.

• Any pre-contract information including any Demands & Needs statement would have been provided to you by your brokers, Central Capital Limited, who acted on your behalf during the sale of your loan and associated insurance. Paragon did not receive the application until after the Credit Agreement lad been signed. (can you just clarify that the document in post 1 was a paragon headed document and not a central capital document?)

In view of the above I would dispute your claim that our initial response did not comply with our duties under section 7 of the Data Protection Act. However, if there is a specific item that you are interested in that has not been supplied then please let me know and I

will see if it can be obtained for you.

From paragon’s response can I draw your attention to the last bullet point that mentions Central Capital Ltd ,I do not remember ever dealing with them, but that does not mean I never .Its been a long time since November 05 when I took the loan out. My question is should I be dealing direct with Central Capital and not Paragon ?

Can you also please comment on the rest of the letter from paragon?

Any help is really appreciate as this is all very complicated to me.

You have helped on a similar case before (Link Below).

Ppi - Mis-sold Paragon/central Capital Ltd

Thank you very much :-)

WLG

Looking at your post 1 the CCA you posted up would have been in the name of Paragon no doubt and included all the information on the PPI.

This information would have been as a result of paragon using a broker to obtain the PPI.

Having read the central capital document it appears there is an agreement there. This though is central capital sending you the information on the PPI and I cannot see any signatures on the central capital document, Did you sign this central capital document?

If you can respond to my points above it would be helpful.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi aa

1) The document in post 1 is a Paragon document.

2) No I have not signed that Central Capital Document.

Thanks

WLG

Hi aa

1) The document in post 1 is a Paragon document.

2) No I have not signed that Central Capital Document.

Thanks

WLG

The only Consumer Credit Agreement in force then would be the Paragon document and I would assume you did sign this one???

If that is the case then your Agreement would be with Paragon and not central capital. Central capital are only the broker of the insurance. Paragon are the lender and as your paragon document mentions the PPI I would actively pursue them for mis-selling.

If they refuse to repay your PPI premiums paid and the interest at the monthly rate of 0.7160% you should complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service or consider Court action. If you opt for the FOS it will take a long time. If you opt for Court you will need to seek advice in the legal forums on the Court procedures.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi aa

Again Thanks,and yes I did sign the paragon document.Given all the above 2 letters I have sent to Paragon and the 2 responses i have received would you say I am in a position to draft up a letter to claim my PPI from paragon.I know you have said in previous posts its your decision but I just dont want to do something to previous and mess things up.

Cheers WLG