DCA heavy-handed over increase of repayments - advice needed, pl.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an update.

Another two of my accounts have been passed to new DCAs. I've given up responding to them as it's a waste of paper and postage. However, one of them - Apex - has instructed a firm of solicitors who have written to me re the instigation of court action yet they say they will not enter into any correspondence with me and that I must do it through Apex. The Apex clowns have already been informed of the history/condition of the 'account' they hold so I fail to see what can be gained from setting m'learned friends onto me, other than a scare tactic, that is.

Bring it on, I say. But I will be furious if they drag me to court and then say they (or HBOS) can't produce an original enforceable agreement. What can I do to get back at them if this happens? Surely the courts would frown on this kind of behaviour?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hhmmmm...... BOS now trying to increase payments on loans under repayment arrangements. The instalments on these are quite acceptable and are not far under the original repayments. If we refuse to increase, what are their options? I am sure they would have to apply to the courts for any increase;anyone back that up?

do you mean this account already has adecree granted and arrangments made via court for payments?

if so then yes then canoot increase them with without your acceptance and if wanted to would need to appy to court for increase

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi, Ida; how are you?

No, these loans haven't been near a court. They were part of the DMP set up by CAB which we then took over and ran ourselves. They've gotten a small increase once or twice over the years but, as I've said, the instalments are not that far off what the original payments were.

We, naturally, would prefer the status quo, or a token increase at the very most but I'm sure if they ask for more that they would have to drag it off to court if they were not happy.

you are right if they want more and do not want to accept the payment terms then other than take court action they have no other means

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)