DCA heavy-handed over increase of repayments - advice needed, pl.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again, Ida.

As for the unenforceable ones, I just wish they would hurry up and take them to court. I am being pestered every week by mail asking me to settle in full or call to arrange payment instalments. I think bank/DCA policy is to shove as much correspondence at you if the hope you will just cave in. The bank, in particular, seem keen to keep the correspondence going and I feel they are trying to trick me into agreeing with them that I accept the so-called agreements they sent and that the accounts are indeed enforceable.

They don't want to let go of their little bit of coin.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if they think it's enforceable you wonder why the don't take you to court sooner!

because they know

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Not that I'm aware of. TBH, I haven't been keeping an eye on that, but a quick glance at recent missives from the DCA show the oustanding amounts remaining the same. Must llok into that. I will dig the paperwok out and post back tomorrow.

Has there been any interest added since the accounts were passed to DCAs ?.

A debt collector doesn't add any interest to a debt.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

yes, I know that but any bank correspondence doesn't show the outstanding amount so that's what I look at to see if it changes.

Have been reading some horror stroies on other threads where Caggers down in England have been having a hard time getting to see their agreements even using the CPR31.16 tool that we don't have. Some of their creditors are dragging out the whole process as far as going to court! Others are being ordered by the sherriff to produce the agreement, failing to do so and applying to court for extension of time allocated to next hearing.

They're all at it, aren't they?

a dca can add interest.

it's all dependant on the original agreement

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

if you signed an agreement that was passed to a dca and on the original agreement it stated that if account is defaulted they can pass to a dca and this would include fees or interest etc but only ever seen one before like that.

most agreements do not have that provision in them (was many years ago)

ida x

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Advice, please! One of my wife's unenforceable ebts has been passed to Morrcroft. They've been told the status of the account and have just sent out the usual waffle. Today, however, we recieved a letter stating that they have deducted £5 from an account that we supposedly supplied them with in agreement with a telephone call my wife has had with them. At no time has my wife spoken to them nor authourised any deductions from our bank account. A deduction has been made from somewhere as the account balance is showing as £5 less.

HAs anybody come across behaviour like this? Naturally I am contacting police, for if they have removed it from our account, then isn't that fraud? Letter was dated 31 July; no monies showing leaving the account, as yet.

Here is the scan:-

Scans :: Moor1 picture by kakkadoo - Photobucket

Edited by FlyboyAgain

a lot of dca's 'credit' £5 to the accounts when they get them to try an fool folk that it's not stautue barred when it is. It will be a ploy if you have not given them any card details

did you send the bemused letter?

Ida x

More than bemused, my Fife chum! Their letter is, with a covering letter from me, winging its way to Lothian's Finest and also to the OFT.

Thx - again - for commenting. I was perplexed as to how they'd gotten the fiver!

Scales banged!

thanks,

if you think about it,

they have asked you to call and you haven't, they think well we will say you have paid by cc/dc, even tho you know you haven't gave them any card details, if you get that letter most folk would call them to say the have not supplied card details but they have you on the phone!

that's probarbly their intentions, to get you to call.

Ida x

• 2 weeks later...

Now getting calls from a crowd calling themselves 'Preston'; anybody heard of them?

The clown I got this morning tried to get me to answer security questions without even telling me who he was and where he was calling from and when I asked him this he told me and then said that I MUST reply to the letter he was sending out. I told him to P*** off, as i've had enough of this. It seems that the accounts that the BOS weaklings have failed to resurrect are being sold on. No matter, that's me changed the home number just now.

No. With all due respect, I don't think it's really worth it, cos after I saw off Blair, Oliver and Scott (with thanks to Caggers and Trading Standards) these other clowns don't scare me. Just fed up of it. But the big gun - the tied loan and PPI and the asssociated court case that I will have to instigate myself - will be the benchmark for turning their collective gas off.

They are ****, these people, and I shudder to think of the poor souls who are near the end of their tether because of DCA intimidation.

Is it legal to sell debts on? I know that Blair, Oliver & Useless are owned/run by HBoS, but one of these unenforecable accounts has now been passed to this bunch of monkies called iQor. I had a bit of fun with them, these past few days before the number gets changed.

So, can these debts be sold on? And if so why doesn't the selling monkey tell the buying monkey whay the debtor isn't paying up?

Edited by FlyboyAgain
spelling

why doesn't the selling monkey tell the buying monkey whay the debtor isn't paying up?

Basically because they don't care IMO, as long as they get the money.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Ahh of course. Like the little old lady who gives her Jack Russell free to a good home but doesn't let on it rips up the carpet :D:p

Paid in full in March 07