Arnold Clark--threat of legal action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agreed to buy a second hand car at Arnold Clark, I signed an order form( kind of under pressure), and put 200 pounds deposit. However, I changed my mind the next day, because I took my friend to see the car the next day and found some scratches on the bumper and wheels, which the sales person never mentioned the last day. However, when I told the salesman that I didn't want the car any more, he said that I could not cancel the order, and threatened that should I cancel the order, arnold clark would sue me and ask me to pay 10% of the car value plus loosing my deposit. I am not afraid that they will take me to court because I believe that they will not because of the hassel. My question is: Do I have a cooling period after buying a car? Can I get my deposit back?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just been through the courts to get a deposit refund. Judgement was issued yesterday but I imagine Arnold Clark will ignore that also. I assume I will have to get a warrant issued in order to get the judgement enforced. I will let you know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

"some scratches on the bumper and wheels".....I got to say this sounds quite unfair to the vendor, these are issues that you would have seen with the car when you viewed the car in the 1st instance, sounds more like you simply changed your mind?

Saying that, charging you 10% for the 'messing' sounds a bit rough, no return of deposit doesn't.

Edited by iconic558

• 1 year later...