Central Ticketing - Cheshire Oaks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in December I parked accross two bays at Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village as the spaces were directly behind a Xmas Tree and parking there was impossible to get into one space. When I got back to the car I had been issued a ticket for £60 from Central Ticketing. I was unaware of these forums and so replied to them with a letter appealing against the penalty dues to the fact that I didnt feel that I was obstructively parked as no cars could be parked there anyway. I also explained that the main reason was that I new people didnt park there and my wife needed to breast feed our 2 month old baby. I even took pictures of the spaces again the following day to proved the space were never used. 3 months later I have now received a reply to let me know my appeal has been unsuccessful as the signs at the site state "parking in marked bays only". They also added if my wife had to breast feed I should have moved the car afterwards.

Can someone please let me know where I stand with this now that I have contacted them with this letter basically admitting that I was the driver. Thanks

and there is no way that the fine will stand up? Where do I stand legally when I have admitted to parking the car in this way?

I have been warned in the letter that if it is not payed within 10 days the fine will increase to £135 plus admin costs. In addition court action may be taken.

Thanks

Out of interest, if a Xmas tree was restricting the first bay, could you not have parked completely in the second bay instead of across it.It is less stressful to try and avoid the attentions of a PPC in the first place.

The advice to ignore the charge is correct, as eventually they will give up.

Good luck in fighting this - not that you will need it. :D

Out of interest, if a Xmas tree was restricting the first bay, could you not have parked completely in the second bay instead of across it.It is less stressful to try and avoid the attentions of a PPC in the first place.

The advice to ignore the charge is correct, as eventually they will give up.

Good luck in fighting this - not that you will need it. :D

No, there were barriers all around the tree, so thee were about 6 spaces not used. I am local to the shopping centre and did not know these parking regulations had been put in place (which im led to believe were done so a couple of years ago).

Doesn't make any difference. You can park horizontally over 3 spaces if you wish. Bit antisocial, but they most they'd be entitled to would be 3 x P&D charges (ie. £3 or similar).

I'm assuming this is a free car park anyway, so they're entitled to zilch.

It's a [problem]. As you can see, there is no appeals process. It's a private company who will never turn down profit.

Central Ticketing are well known. Everybody ignores them and they go away like all these companies.

Ignore threats of court action and the 'fine' increasing. All scare tactics.

Ignore them completely from now on.

Doesn't make any difference. You can park horizontally over 3 spaces if you wish. Bit antisocial, but they most they'd be entitled to would be 3 x P&D charges (ie. £3 or similar).

I'm assuming this is a free car park anyway, so they're entitled to zilch.

It's a [problem]. As you can see, there is no appeals process. It's a private company who will never turn down profit.

Central Ticketing are well known. Everybody ignores them and they go away like all these companies.

Ignore threats of court action and the 'fine' increasing. All scare tactics.

Ignore them completely from now on.

Yes parking is free there. We were only out of the car for 45 mins at the most so they must have been watching. Cheers for your help

• 1 month later...

I received a letter on 23rd March. "FORMAL DEMAND BEFORE COURT ACTION AMOUNT NOW DUE - £85.00 WITHIN 28 DAYS". Failure to pay the full amount within 28 days will result in an increase to £135.00 plus further admin costs. This demand will form part of our case against you.

My wife is getting worried that we will end up being taken to court and paying a charge that we cannot afford. She has asked why I am taking advice from a forum.

I am a little concerned that because I admitted I was the driver in my letter of appeal that this may stand up in court. Would someone please advise what I am to do next and let me know how you know this ie. are you a solicitor etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I received a letter on 23rd March. "FORMAL DEMAND BEFORE COURT ACTION AMOUNT NOW DUE - £85.00 WITHIN 28 DAYS". Failure to pay the full amount within 28 days will result in an increase to £135.00 plus further admin costs. This demand will form part of our case against you.

My wife is getting worried that we will end up being taken to court and paying a charge that we cannot afford. She has asked why I am taking advice from a forum.

I am a little concerned that because I admitted I was the driver in my letter of appeal that this may stand up in court. Would someone please advise what I am to do next and let me know how you know this ie. are you a solicitor etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If your wife is uneasy about you taking advice from a forum, then go and see a half decent solicitor - they will tell you the same thing but for a large fee. I have a friend who has just qualified as a solicitor - I took his advice and did not go far wrong. There are also some extremely expert people on this forum such as patdavies who know this area like the back of their hand.

The first thing that you need to know is that central ticketing are a private company who are not allowed to issue fines any more than you or I. There are possible exceptions such as private company's working on behalf of the authorities; however, this is not one of those cases.

Of course they are going to threaten you with court, they are desperate that you will be scared enough to pay up before it goes that far (which it rarely does).

You should also be aware that only the landowner is entitled to damages you have caused. In your case you have caused £0.00 financial loss and I very much doubt that Central Ticketing are the landowners. Private company's issuing parking tickets is a tired old [problem] now that many people are becoming increasingly wise to. I myself as well as many others have dealt with such organisations and have won easily. Don't make yourself another victim. If in the extremely rare case it went to court and you lost you would still have around 30 days to pay before a CCJ was recorded against you.

In reality, it's all bluff - these company's threaten anything and everything to get you to part with your money - don't be another victim.

You will get another 2 or 3 letters probably from debt collectors ( in the loosest possible terms) and then you are out the other side.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Of course your wife is worried. That's the [problem]. Scary letters threatening court and bad credit are all par for the course.

They wouldn't make any money if they sent nice letters spelling out the truth.

Who was the driver is only one of many obstacles these companies face from a legal standpoint.

Also remember that it's financially unviable to take people to court. This is a mail [problem] about tricking people. If they had a leg to stand on they'd make their signs say you have to pay £1000 and take every single person to court and win every time.

What you should do next is what you should have done from day 1: completely ignore the clowns.

Thanks. I dont mean to sound as though you guys dont know what you are talking about as I wouldnt have posted here if i thought that were the case. I just want to reassure my wife and be 100% committed to following this through.

From a law firm - have a read my friend and show your wife

Excel parking: how to appeal a parking charge notice — The Roadside Lawyer

There are many more articles/posts/comments to be found through google

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

• 2 months later...

I have now received a letter from CCS Collect Debt Collecters:

72 HOURS NOTICE OF HOME VISIT

We are now making arrangements for one of our collectors to visit your home.

The purpose of the visit is to:

Obtain payment or agree a payment arrangement with you

Investigate your home situation prior to recommending court action

You can avoid this by making a payment to this office by return of post or telephoning this office immediately.

Any advice on this one please?

1 ignore

2 ignore

3 go to 1

still the same a load of waffle as usual by them

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Continue to ignore.

They won't send anybody and even if they did, he would have no power to enter your premises do anything else. He would have no more authority than you or I.

You are nearing the end of their [problem] letter chain now; ignore for just a little bit longer.

I have now received a letter from CCS Collect Debt Collecters:

72 HOURS NOTICE OF HOME VISIT

We are now making arrangements for one of our collectors to visit your home.

The purpose of the visit is to:

Obtain payment or agree a payment arrangement with you

Investigate your home situation prior to recommending court action

You can avoid this by making a payment to this office by return of post or telephoning this office immediately.

Any advice on this one please?

I like that ... sending a "debt collector" in to see if you're worth sueing.

Fact is, if I came to your door asking for cash or a payment arrangement would you give it to me? Didn't think so!! If they come to your door and ask if you are Mr. Smith just say never heard of him goodbye. They have no legal right to ask you questions, enter your home or ask you for money. The only people who can come knocking like that are court bailiffs, and they will only coming knocking once you've been to court, lost your case, had a judgement issued and then the clampers have paid for the court to enforce the judgement!

CCS Collect are CSA registered. Copy that letter in a complaint to the CSA. mention the CSA Code (CSA Website) and the OFT guidance. Ask the CSA how many complaints have been filed against CCS collect.

Thanks guys. In the complaint form it asks "In what way do you think the member has violated our Code of Practice?" What would be the answer to this? Sorry for the stupid question

Thanks guys. In the complaint form it asks "In what way do you think the member has violated our Code of Practice?" What would be the answer to this? Sorry for the stupid question

DO NOT REPLY to anything they have sent.

If you do so now, they will know you are weakening.

If the doorstop really does turn up, tell him that your doorstop is fixed and he can't remove it.

If they were going to take you to Court they would have 3 months ago.

It really is a [problem].

Jogs