Teebum V Abbey **** WON !!!! ****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me.

I have two bank accounts with Abbey and a credit card that I will be trying to get mt charges back on. Do I need to pay £10 on each account for data protection or can I put all 3 accounts on same letter and pay just onces.

Lets get it back

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome. You need to stick to 1 thread only.

You can combine accounts and it's only 1 X £10 but you need to keep your claim to under £5000 so it stays in the small claims court.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Thanks for that. I am also claiming against 4 ther companies, do I need to keep total under £5000 or each comany?

Lets get it back

Also what happens if it goes over £5000, I see from other threads that some claims and settlements are well above this?

Lets get it back

Am on phone now, they are arguing as you said, but have put on hold for debt management.. thanks again for help

Lets get it back

Will try to keep progress up to date.

------------------------------------------------------------

31/07/06 sent Data Protection letter to Abbey.

Lets get it back

• 2 weeks later...

Received this letter today, what do I do now.

Dear ********

Thankyou for your letter dated 31st July 2006 which we received on 1st August 2006, requesting information on your bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee for account ********1. A further £10 is required for account *********2.

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply a list of charges applied to your account for the last six years because we do not store this information seperately from other transactional data. We can only supply a list of the transactions on your account, which will include details of any charges applied.

i

09/08/06 Recived fob off letter

Lets get it back

Received this letter today, what do I do now.

Dear ********

Thankyou for your letter dated 31st July 2006 which we received on 1st August 2006, requesting information on your bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee for account ********1. A further £10 is required for account *********2.

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply a list of charges applied to your account for the last six years because we do not store this information seperately from other transactional data. We can only supply a list of the transactions on your account, which will include details of any charges applied.

I would like to remind you that under a Data Protection Act request, you will only receive the transactions that are currently on our system. These will be forwarded to you within 40 days, free of charge, under seperate cover. Any earlier transactions have been archived onto microfiche, which is not covered by the Data Protection Act. These archived transactions will not therefore be supplied to you under a Data Protection Act request and will not be subject to the 40 day ruling.

We can however supply details of the transactions held on the microfiche on payment of an administration fee of £10 for multiple monthly statements per account that have been archived.

It is clear from your request that you require thetransactional information that is held on the microfiche records. In order to avoid any additional delays, we will therefore use the £10 that you have sent with your Data Protection Act request, as payment for the microfiche records that you need. If you do not want us to do this please call us on the above number.

You have also asked for details of any manual interventions that mayhave been made on these accounts and I am sorry we are unable to help with this request.

09/08/06 Recived fob off letter

Lets get it back

Just for the record the template still states it is Abbey National plc, it is now Abbey and the address should be PO BOX 1109, Bradford BD1 5SJ. Don't know who maintains these.

Lets get it back

yes it is, click on the link in my signature and it will take you there :-) just amend it to suit yourself

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed