You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi Dimitry and welcome to CAG   I have added paragraph spacing to your 1st post above, to make it easier for all to read.   Please don't use big blocks of text as it makes it far harder to read and folk may not bother. 👍    
    • The insurers wont send a loss adjuster down , I've told them about the gate  and shown pics but cant get a estimate by a builder for gate or whole job as its like asking a builder to estimate damage for my car. The only way would be to get a metalworker down to price the gate up and hinges separately,. this is not going to be easy so i think I'm going to have accept the damaged gate and take the loss. The cash settlement would be better to get the gate sorted later after builder has done the wall. also a cash settlement would be quick, i could wait weeks for BRS to sort things out and then they could go cold on me again. at least with a insurance company you no you will get it fixed despite how long it might take. it has that added security. The home insurance carries a 450 XS plus higher premiums I'm not sure i will get it back.   if i could get a builder to price up the wall and a metal worker to price the gate and hinges up separately the home insurance might accept this, that is a possibility.
    • I've had to delete all the pages you posted.  CAG's policy is for uploads to be in PDF only (as explained in the upload guide) so only registered Caggers can see them - best to keep the OPC creeps guessing.   I have however converted to PDF (again, as explained in the upload guide).  I hope they're in the right order but, hey, that's the best I can do. OPC_SAR_response.pdf
    • Wouldn't it be simpler not to bother with an Employment Tribunal?  Your wife leaves on 31 July and then you sue them in the small claims court for wages ( plus any filing fees ) from 01 August to the leaving date she originally wanted.   I see this as a simple money claim, not an employment issue.  They might not even defend it.
    • Hi all,   Looking for a bit of advice if possible.    Short overview: - Had a Vanquis debt for 2k from 2010 which up until 2016 i was paying amongst others via debt management company. I cancelled my debt management plan to tackle the debts myself which was effective all except Vanquis from whom i had no contact from until 2 months ago when the debt was sold to Lowell. I sent off a CCA request to Lowell and they sent me a Digital Signature Application which is the same format as the one i have posted below. They also sent a set of Terms and Conditions, which had not date on them APR rate etc. To get this matter cleared up i offered a settlement figure of £500 which of course they refused, and sent me a counter offer with a 20% discount. This is as far as i have got with them to date, i did not respond to counter offer and am awaiting their next move.   I had the default that Lowell put on  my credit file regarding the above account, removed by Experian. I wrote to Experian and said that Lowell could not prove the debt was mine and that was all i wrote. A  correction was put on my credit report and the default from Lowell removed, the correction has now dropped off along with the default. As far as i am aware Experian would of contacted Lowell with my dispute and Experian could only remove the default from my credit file with the lenders permission.   I quote from Experian website "If the lender realises their data was incorrect, your report will be updated to reflect this. Note that we can’t change or remove a default on your report without the lender’s permission. However, we’ll do everything we can to help you sort out a dispute."    My question really is, do i have any leverage with Lowell? I would like to settle the debt but do not want to have to pay these bottom feeders any more than i have too. Does the fact that the default being removed from my credit file mean they can not prove the debt  if i was  to take it as far as court? What i am hoping for is to get a low low settlement offer from them so i can clear the debt and move on.   Any help or advice, points of view would be greatly appreciated.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Sara27

Welcome Finance Help!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4097 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

how can i check if my welcome loan has been reduced?

how can i check if my welcome loan has been reduced?

Ask for a 'Statement of Account'.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

just to keep this thread up to date, this guy from the local office has now sent two letters asking for payment and charging for the letters despite being told when he phoned that the account was officially in dispute. I sent away yet another letter to compliance about their harrassment and have forms to fill in from the oft. Is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime?

error

Edited by Sara27

S.A.R. sent 9/03/09

Telephone letter sent 9/03/09

Received letter from welcome to contact them (complaints)

3 messages on answer phone from welcome to contact them 11/03/09

Messages left on answer phone 13/03/09

Messages left on answer phone 16/03/09

Received S.A.R. 16th march 09

Writing and figures on it are so small that I can't see what they say.

Subject Access Request pack contents

Letter (uploaded)

Statement (uploaded)

Loan agreement front sheet x2

Loan application

Insurance suitability

Pages of Staff scripts

Credit agreement (uploaded)

Agreement modifying hp agreement (uploaded)

Demands and needs statement

Transcript (pages) not our transcript but Carol and Chris whoever they are (with phone numbers and contact address)

Telephone letter 2nd request sent 24/03/09

2nd S.A.R. sent request as first was incomplete/inaccurate account in dispute, sent 24/03/09

Checked Credit File as alert by email A significant balance change 24/03/09

Response to 2nd S.A.R. request received 30/03/09 they are looking into this.

Message on answer phone 02/04/09

Local branch phoned place of work demanding payment and we said they cannot request payment while the account is in dispute. He said that Welcome has resolved our complaint and that we are just avoiding payment which is utter nonsense, also threatened to turn up at my partners workplace today and has said he will be at our home at 6.30pm. 02/04/09

Letter from branch asking for payment 04/04/09

Telephone letter sent 3rd request 06/04/09

Letter from Branch to contact them overdue account 09/04/09

Letter sent to accounts manager at local branch 14/04/09

Letter sent to branch manager local branch 14/04/09

Voicemail left by local branch 14/04/09

Complaint submitted to information commissioner 14/04/09

Complaint submitted to fos 14/04/09

They have 4 days left to comply with my subject access request

where do we go from here?

any help would be appreciated

Edited by Sara27

Ok received SAR from welcome this morning. Guess what they have done this time?

Sent me another customers information yet again! But this time I have names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers, payslips with national insurance number, bank account sort codes and account numbers, copies of driving licences and basically every personal detail I could possibly need if I was the type of person to commit fraud!!

Absolutely appalling!!

Anyone know who I can report this too.

Also can anyone advise what my next step should be? They only have a further 3 days to comply with my SAR and this is obviously not going to happen so what do I do with regards to sorting out my own account?

This is becoming a regular occurrence, only yesterday I was talking to someone on another forum who the same problem!

Report them to the Information Commissioner as soon as! Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Thanks Sol. I'm sure I have seen your posts on that other forum too!

Yep it's probably me. It just shows how big the problem of Welcome actually is, especially if you take into account that many people may not have internet access to report that they've had the same problem, and many would probably just throw it in the bin. But then again, you may get the odd dishonest person who might use someone else's information fraudulently.

I agree It's happening a lot ...........:DI wonder if the staff due to lose their jobs are intent on screwing Welcome

Very incompetent given that after they sent another customers transcripts first time around, we sent them a letter pointing out their error and asked them to send OUR SAR.

Should I write again requesting SAR given that they only have a further 3 days of the original 40?

I wouldn't write to them again. If they don't provide you with the information within the 40 days, then you have 2 complaints to make against them with the ICO.

Sara - if it was me I would also call the person who's details you have and tell them what has happened and send them their stuff back - if that happened to me I would hope someone would send me my details!