Welcome Finance Help!!!

Sara27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just write back and say that any communication they wish to have with you will have to be in writing.

Just had another call from welcome h/o

Can anyone point me in the direction of a letter template for this?

Just received the SAR.

I don't appear to have everything that I should have. Got the car in 2006 but all the paperwork appears to have been from Sept 2007 onwards. From what I can make out they appear to have re written the loan, around the time we asked for our monthly payments to be lowered. We were asked to go in to their office to sign and say we would pay lower payments, which we did, but did not know that the loan was being rewritten.

They have sent a credit agreement which I will try and post up but the writing and figures on it are so small that I can't see what they say.

On this agreement it says that we requested lower payments due to me being on maternity leave. No idea where they got that from!!

They have also sent a transcript of telephone calls which appear to belong to another customer.

Any ideas where I can go from here?

Here is what was sent Uploads

Also in SAR pack was -

Letter (uploaded)

Statement (uploaded)

Loan agreement front sheet x2

Loan application

Insurance suitability

Pages of Staff scripts

Credit agreement (uploaded)

Agreement modifying hp agreement (uploaded)

Demands and needs statement

Transcript (pages) not our transcript but Carol and Chris whoever they are (with phone numbers and contact address)

Let me know you can view the uploads.

Can someone have a look and advise where to go from here.

Edited by Sara27

Yes, Buchanan Street is where they send them to for collections I think.

Mines is with them atm.

Sara, they did not include my original agreement either, and I am challenging them about that at the moment, so I don't know what you can do about that at the moment.

It's hard to see the info on your agreement. Does it state if your Acceptance Fee has been included as credit and therefore accruing interest?

Yes, Buchanan Street is where they send them to for collections I think.

Mines is with them atm.

Sara, they did not include my original agreement either, and I am challenging them about that at the moment, so I don't know what you can do about that at the moment.

It's hard to see the info on your agreement. Does it state if your Acceptance Fee has been included as credit and therefore accruing interest?

Thanks Sol. To be honest, I can hardly see the figures on the agreement so it is very difficult to tell. I think I will send another letter asking them to provide the original agreement and to send the information in a legible form.

I am pretty sure that they have breached the Data Protection Act by sending me another customers transcripts which included names, address and phone number.

I am pretty sure that they have breached the Data Protection Act by sending me another customers transcripts which included names, address and phone number.

Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about this blatant disregard of the Data Protection Act. https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

e7y0eb.gif

Yes, absoultely as Cerberus has said, report it to the ICO! If you're going to write another letter to Welcome, I think you should make that clear to them as well!

Hi everyone. There's been an interesting development with this now and I wonder if anyone has ever heard of anything like this happening.

We are still waiting for welcome to send the complete SAR from the start of the agreement and in the meantime the same person keeps phoning and writing asking for us to phone her so she can discuss our complaints. We have written to them again saying that everything must be in writing and that we will contact them once we have all the information we need from them.

Anyway in the meantime we have been keeping our eye on our credit file. Before the SAR request the credit file entry for welcome stood at approx £10000 owing which is backed up by the statement we recently received from them. Got an alert today that there had been a significant balance change so had a look and welcome have updated to say that the balance owing is now around £7000. No payments have been made while the account is in dispute so where has this 3K reduction come from???:confused:

Any thoughts on why this has happened, anyone ever heard of this before?

Again, all help is much appreciated:)

That's what I thought too. I will wait for the latest statement and see what that says the balance is but the reduction would suit me nicely since it would allow me to VT the car without me owing too much.;-)

Sara

Please

Please

PRint Off A Copy Of Your Credit File From Before And After.

Keep In A Very Safe Place

This Is Jackpot For Me For Which My Hands Are Tied,

See What Welcome Have To Say Over This First

Remember

Dont Talk To Them

Every Thing In Writing If They Call, Everything In Writing And Hang Up,

Gotcha

You Have Just Made My Day

Hi Kittie

Don't know what is happening but a lot of Welcome clients seem to have had their balance reduced with no explanation. I am waiting on my SAR now, on the second request, so waiting to see what that says before deciding on what course of action to take.

Looking for some more advice please. Someone for Welcome has phoned my partner at work today chasing payment for this account, which is officially in dispute. We are also still waiting for them to send the SAR. They wrote asking for us to call them as we didn't respond to their letters or voicemail asking for us to phone to discuss our complaint. We sent them letters telling them that everything must be in writing and have sent off 2 telephone harrassment letters which they are clearly ignoring.

This guy has basically been on the phone demanding payment and we said they cannot request payment while the account is in dispute. He said that Welcome have resolved our complaint and that we are just avoiding payment which is utter nonsense. They don't even know what the complaint is yet as we haven't had the proper info sent back to us!!!

He also threatened to turn up at my partners workplace today and has said he will be at our home at 6.30pm this evening.

So what do I do?