You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Sara27

Welcome Finance Help!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4070 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am looking for a bit of help with Welcome. Bought a car from them in 2006. Had a few problems with payments but sorted things out so that the monthly payments were reduced to £130 per month. They originally had a DD for payments and were instructed to take payments every 4 weeks on payday. They mucked this up continually by requesting payments on wrong dates thus incurring charges on bank account. As a result I cancelled the DD and made arrangements to pay them by debit card every 4 weeks. I did this without fail but kept receiving letters saying I was being charged £10 for phone calls. Phoned them up and was told this was due to them phoning to see when I would pay despite them receiving all payments every 4 weeks by card. Told them I wouldn't pay their charges when I was not in arrears. They said unless I set up a DD they would continue to phone me and charge me for it. This is obviously unacceptable so I requested an account statement. Ended up having to deal with all different Managers before I finally got my statement this week.

Statement is absolutely riddled with charges which I can't understand. Maybe some of you guys on here can enlighten me please?

* Telephone charges ( know what these are but want them refunded)

* Fee assessment (all under a pound?)

* Capitilisation (for all different amounts every few days?)

* Outside call fee (£60, never had a home visit)

* Letter fee

* ADD HOC fee ( varying amount from £5 up to £100)

All these fee add up to hundreds of pounds and mean my monthly payments are hardly making a dent in the balance.

Obviously I want to dispute the fees so how do I go about this?

I would actually prefer to hand the car back but the account is such a mess it is unclear how much I would owe them.

So what is my first step with taking control of this account? I just want clear of this bully boy company. They have even been phoning my partners work to see when we will make payment before it is even due.

hello sara and welcome to the forum.

you are in the right place and i am welcomes number 1 pain in the ass.

what you have experienced is nothing new from these sharks.

every thing from now on in writing and sent recorded delievery.

things have a habbit of getting lost with this lot.

i feel a sar needs to be sent

that will give you every thing welcome has on you.

we willbe interested in the screen shots of letters and conversations about payments.

getting charges returned will be easier that way.

one golden rule

dont believe anything welcome state unless its in writing,#

ill give you the sar template if needed and address

* Telephone charges ( know what these are but want them refunded)

* Fee assessment (all under a pound?)

* Capitilisation (for all different amounts every few days?)

* Outside call fee (£60, never had a home visit)

* Letter fee

* ADD HOC fee ( varying amount from £5 up to £100)

All these fee add up to hundreds of pounds and mean my monthly payments are hardly making a dent in the balance.

Obviously I want to dispute the fees so how do I go about this?

Capitalisation - this is Welcomes way of catagorising interest and any insurances - deliberatley vague so you cannot see exactly what you're paying

Outside Call Fee - probably B/S and if i'm right visit fees are £25 each so did they do 2 and a half visits to account £60??

Letter Fee - £10 per letter, normally that you never actually receive their computer generated letter machine is a great money maker for Welcome.

Ad Hoc - should read bulls**t charge - don't think it's being libelous in saying they are made up - cos it's the truth.

Welcome are notorious in these parts and if you read other threads you will see you're not alone.

Postggj will help a lot and I will help if I can currently battling Welcome myself so getting to learn their tricks inside out.

SAR - is essential and also if you post your agreements on here upload them through photobucket people can have a peek and see exactly the ins and outs - if you do this make sure you blank out any personal details like address and agreement number etc

• Haha 1

hello sara and welcome to the forum.

you are in the right place and i am welcomes number 1 pain in the ass.

what you have experienced is nothing new from these sharks.

every thing from now on in writing and sent recorded delievery.

things have a habbit of getting lost with this lot.

i feel a sar needs to be sent

that will give you every thing welcome has on you.

we willbe interested in the screen shots of letters and conversations about payments.

getting charges returned will be easier that way.

one golden rule

ill give you the sar template if needed and address

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated. Could you send me the template and address please? Payment is due soon so should I pay this in the meantime or wait till I get my information?

one golden rule

and if you didn't believe it when you got it in writing no one would blame you, if it comes from Welcome aint worth the paper it's written on :)

Your address

Their Address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name: xxxxxx

Account No/ No’s

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts And or credit cards

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit card with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

Your name

Sign your signature and put a line through it so you will know if you see it again:o You never know

• Haha 1

borrowed that one from hellsnofury

send to the address below with a postel order for 10 pounds

send recorded delievery

welcome financial services ltd

compliance

ruddington fields biz park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

Thanks will send that away in the morning. Payment is due now and should be phoning them tomorrow so should I be making this payment or do I stop paying while the dispute is ongoing?

I'm expecting they will be phoning at some point tomorrow so should I mention that I am requesting the SAR and ask them to cease phone calls as I can't have them repeatedly phoning work as they have done in the past?

Send them this too;

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

You are reminded of the following under The Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b) falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

© falsely represent themselves to be authorized in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;

(d) utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Further to this all calls from your Doorstep Collectors must also cease unconditionally and with immediate effect. I note that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Take note, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or any of your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. Any trespassers you attempt to send therefore will be dealt with accordingly.

Be further advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you both for the letter templates will get them sent first thing this morning.

Sorry for being a pain but should I be paying them today I usually pay by telephone using debit card?

I would still pay them as normal until you receive your SAR back, then you can see whether the agreement is enforceable and if you have unfair charges you can reclaim.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to update, letters sent yesterday and signed for today.

sara jump on to thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/109794-welcome-finance-new-post.html

just read the last 2-3 pages, you will see at the moment you are the least of Welcomes problems, we're having a Welcome is going down in flames party :)

Subbing with interest

Im crying with laughter......"WELCOME FINANCE IS GOING BUST GOING BUST GOING BUST".."WELCOME FINANCE IS GOING BUST"

sorry....couldnt resist it

Just to update, came home from work to find a message from welcome on answerphone asking for me to phone them asap. It wasn't the usual local office, so I am assuming they have our SAR and telephone harrassment letters and it is the compliance dept phoning.

Should I be calling them back or not?

No, everything must be in writing to leave a papertrail. If they have anything important to say or offer it's better in black & white.;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks that's what I thought, but am a bit curious to see what they want:p

but am a bit curious to see what they want

That's what they want. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Received a letter from welcome this morning saying they have been trying to contact by phone to respond to our complaint and asking if we can contact them to resolve the complaint.

Should we just ignore this and wait for the SAR?

Just write back and say that any communication they wish to have with you will have to be in writing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

tryed posting the letter here with link but not working for me

If they have anything important to say they can do it in writing, that way you have written evidence of what transpires. If you speak to them on the 'phone they will try to wear you down until you agree to anything.....in fact you'd probably end up giving them your firstborn. :rolleyes:;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK thanks for that. Will fire off another letter. They have phoned twice now despite receiving the letter saying all communication in writing!

Just keep a note of the calls for use if & when you have to make a complaint to the OFT.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]