Littlewoods refusing to do things in writing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No company is entitled to your I & E details! Only a court can order disclosure of those ;)

Go to a citizen advice centre, THEY told me what to do, and I'm 25,000 in debt.

AND NO it's not just the courts.

I've been there ,done that ,so i KNOW what i'm saying.

Have a read here,

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/ocfs-acs-wr2s.pdf

Edited by easyman777

if cab told you to supply an ie form then they are wrong...only a court can order you to supply that....i was 10000 in debt before joining cag...havent sent out one ie and havent been near a courtroom...and most of my debts are unenforceable and are no longer even being chased...it is nice to hear your opinion m8 but your advice unfortunately is incorrect

Go to a citizen advice centre, THEY told me what to do, and I'm 25,000 in debt.

AND NO it's not just the courts.

I've been there ,done that ,so i KNOW what i'm saying.

Have a read here,

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/ocfs-acs-wr2s.pdf

I suggest you read that pdf again, it states;

Most creditors are willing to negotiate with you on payments providing that they have proof of your income and expenditure. Often this just involves sending the creditor a financial statement. It is always beneficial to also send each creditor a list of creditors. These documents show the creditor the difficulties you are experiencing.
That is a recommendation not a legal requirement.

If you were comfortable sending a I&E form and providing further information that a creditor has no legal entitlement to, then so be it. But the fact remains it is a matter of personal choice & not a legal requirement and if CAB have told you otherwise it wouldn't be the first time they have been wrong and certainly won't be the last. :rolleyes:

we all advocate paying what we can afford....sending a dca something they are not entitled to im afraid, is against the advice often given on this site...you want to play their games go ahead...personally i tell them what i can afford if they dont like it tough.....take me to court....funnily enough they never do...dont be surprised when they come back asking for more...if they have an ie they know exactly who you are paying and when...why would you want to give them any information on your income and expenses?

Guest jsa12

i went into default with littlewoods,they flatly refused my offer of £1 a month and have incurred what appear to be concocted £12 charges labled debt collection letter and goes on about the time trying to contact me,the contact account details were on the account and never had one email from them.

sent a cca request recorded delivery but this was not signed for possibly the post office not bothering with a signature had a letter back stating they cannot locate the original executed agreement (there was not one) and what appears to be a blank cca with the latest terms and conditions',certainly there was nothing like that when the account was opened,now passed to a dca called NDR,however this appears to be the same chelmsford address as littlewoods and back to "our client" quotes.

personally i wouldnt bother with them a pound is all their getting.they do try and get you to phone call and keep pestering to do so.

Guest Cartaphilus

Well that's very interesting, as I've not had any direct contact with Littlewoods for any reason for a while but have always used their normal address based in Liverpool, along with NDR's.

As a result never even knew they'd relocated to Chelmsford.

had a letter back stating they cannot locate the original executed agreement (there was not one) and what appears to be a blank cca with the latest terms and conditions',certainly there was nothing like

Well, look on the bright side, if they can't and have admitted this in writing they can't enforce it through a court FAIK, but perhaps you should also send them the account in dispute letter now for continuing to collect whilst not in possession of one. It also makes it easier for when NDR eventually does pass it to a proper DCA which will usually be after a few more months of not getting replies to their letters (they will keep adding £12 BTW, and have been known to add these charges simply for phoning someone and then claiming that counts as a letter charge by you not responding) when telling them to get lost in the letter reminding them they can't pursue the debt without a CCA, which Littlewoods already told you in writing didn't exist. At some point they may also try their other favourite trick, to get you to take a loan out, but also thus doubling the debt ... this is one of their favourites if you phone them BTW, I phoned NDR once (before I stopped talking to these people altogether by phone) and was almost caught out by a leading question that had I said 'yes' to in the heat of the moment he would have then said I'd 'agreed' to taking that loan out to cover the payment. Even lied and said my papers were one someone's desk and he could see them when I queried why I'd had no response to my I/E forms or other letters. Which I'd sent months before of course, to which he had no reply. They are very good at 'spin'. Or think they are.

Littlewoods have just pulled the Blue Peter trick by supplying you with a blank one with current terms and conditions. They know it, but are relying on people not knowing and taking advantage of people at the same time.

Edited by Cartaphilus
Corrected something

well, i have to agree that the creditor is not ENTITLED to a I % E disclosure, nor is there any legal obligation for you to do so.

however.......... lets get a reality check here

if you SERIOUSLY think that offering £1 per month on a debt and not being prepared to give reasonable proof to the creditor of your circumstances in asking them to accept such payments............. then i sincerly hope that the matter does not eventually make it to a county court - because if it does i can GUARANTEE you that if your instransigence is brought to the attention of the judge you will get your donkey well and truly fillited in orders for costs- probably even if you win!

why - because your behaviour will be (rightly) deemed by the judge

to be totally and wholly unreasonable.

IMO

well, i have to agree that the creditor is not ENTITLED to a I % E disclosure, nor is there any legal obligation for you to do so.

however.......... lets get a reality check here

if you SERIOUSLY think that offering £1 per month on a debt and not being prepared to give reasonable proof to the creditor of your circumstances in asking them to accept such payments............. then i sincerly hope that the matter does not eventually make it to a county court - because if it does i can GUARANTEE you that if your instransigence is brought to the attention of the judge you will get your donkey well and truly fillited in orders for costs- probably even if you win!

why - because your behaviour will be (rightly) deemed by the judge

to be totally and wholly unreasonable.

IMO

Well said Diddydicky.

That's the whole point of sending a I & E disclosure, to PROVE you have no disposable income, otherwise, as you say the COURTS WILL come down heavy, VERY HEAVY on people who are NOT willing to pay their debt.

Sending I & E disclosures is a way of proof that you have fallen on bad times, and your finances are stretched to the limit. Your home comes first, so paying rent, or mortgages, council tax, utility bills, food, etc are PRIORITY, Debt is last to be paid off. NOBODY GETS SENT TO JAIL FOR DEBT, PERIOD. Courts are the LAST RESORT for debt payment, if your not willing to prove I & E. If you've NOTHING to hide, WHY LIE.

Oh cerberusalert CAB are not wrong, it was all done with a LEGAL DEBT ADVISER PRESENT.

Edited by easyman777

What is a 'legal debt adviser'?

And more to the point, who was he / she biased towards??

They aint got an agreement, sooo until they produce one, you dont have any legal reason to pay even the £1 you propose.

If youve requested the documentation via the correct way (CPR) and theyve failed to produce that documentation, then IMHO, the court has very limited powers, even if they try that route.

They may well give you an unsigned doc, with all the terms and conditions that suit THEM.

Maybe when you opened an account ( allegedly ), they offered you 2 grand and free booze and women ( or men) for a year. Who knows?

Its all hearsay.

Oh cerberusalert CAB are not wrong, it was all done with a LEGAL DEBT ADVISER PRESENT.

Last edited by easyman777; Today at 07:07.

well, they would indeed be VERY wrong if they sought to persuade you that this was a legal requirement- it is not

i have never heard of a "legal debt adevisor" - perhaps you mean it is a CAB adviser who advises on legal and debt matters!!

no matter if they were the lord cheif justice- the fact remains that there is no legal obligation- just common sense

and my comments were ONLY MADE due to the seriously low offer of repayments being made

Have a read

Joe Longthorne fined in court - Blackpool Today

This was for NOT giving financial information to the Department of Work and Pensions. The COURT wasn't involved at this stage.

What relevance does this have to the thread?

If you read the story, it is about Longthorne declaring payments to an employee (his personal assistant) and not about I&E - this is in relation to employers and employees; not debt.

Guest jsa12

the ndr address is on the back of the letter sandringham house chelmsford as was the undelivered from littlewoods statements although the ndr letter appears to be a harlow PO box itself,i requested the cca from the bootle address,the shop direct finance address appears under the sandringham house chelmsford,the debt is in dispute because of the charges,an account in dispute letter is called for i think however the recommendation by some is just stop paying.

not giving information to the dwp which is a government department related to benefits is potentially serious.

not some skid patch dca.

Guest Cartaphilus
,i requested the cca from the bootle address,the shop direct finance address appears under the sandringham house chelmsford,the debt is in dispute because of the charges,an account in dispute letter is called for i think however the recommendation by some is just stop paying.
Yes, I know that ... but what I was saying was I didn't know they had moved but yes the account in dispute letter as I said is in order here. Otherwise they will (and they will almost surely do it anyway) is to send it now then later on you have that in place when it gets passed to a real DCA (which NDR isn't they are Littlewoods/Empires/Kay/Shop Direct's collections department). No agreement - not enforceble. So what I was saying to you was perhaps put things in place now for later on. Yes, you can stop paying but for later on always a good idea to have a papertrail as I am sure you will appreciate. If they tried taking it further I am talking about BTW, eg court without an agreement. Edited by Cartaphilus

If you KNOW you owe the money,and nothing to hide, why WAIT to go to court, where it all has to come out in the end. Plus all the court charges added on.

So why wait, when sending a simple I&E will settle it all.

does one detect a troll?..why wait to go to court? when the hell has a dca taken court action because you wont give the little loves an i and e

Well WHAT does the DCA do if your NOT willing to pay a debt, or you only offer £1 per month? which they are not willing to accept