• Tweets

• No, but all you'd do is blindly run the statute barred date for another 18 months. Just sit on your hands until you get a letter of claim, then send a CCA request.  
    • Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help with DPA breach and broadband slamming talk talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Write to:-

TalkTalk Telecom Limited

Customer Services

1 Portal Way

London

W3 6RS

Or e-mail:- [email protected]

Inform them that you have never asked to move to talktalk, include the complaint ticket number. Tell them in the letter exactly what you want from them to sort this to your satisfaction, and ask if they cannot deliver this to send you a "deadlock" letter so you can escelate the complaint to Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman (Otelo). If it does come to that, Write to Otelo at :-

Otelo

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

done it in december 2008 , wrote 4 times to them ( as a reminder) , sent recorded delivery spoke to one person from the CEO office but they never replied to anything, never acknowldege my letter (even though sent recorded delivery). when no replies i contatcted OFCOM, OFT who put me thorugh to trading standard they have sent two letters but talk talk has still no replies .

• 2 weeks later...

update i received a letter from trading standard saying to me that i should consider sueing them as they have not replied to any phone call call and elter form them so how should i go about it ?

just had another upsetting and frustrating phoen call from talk talk aparently as the other guy and woman answer correctly on their security qyuestion name adress and d.o.b then for them theyhave nto breach my data protection act i am furious to say the least......... is it right ? or they are still fobbing me off ?

107 view and no answer waoh lol !

anyhow i recieved a letter from talk talk confirming this breach of action of my data byut they calim as thye coudl retrieved the phoen call it may be a typing error from thier part to which they are not responsibel for it ... can igo further with this letter re court action ?

you really need to lodge a complaint with Otelo.

they are quite good from the experiences I am aware of but as advosed before it would be better if you could get a deadlock letter from talk.

I would be sending a final letter to talk talk.

I would be asking for:

Removing all theire services if active

refunding any payments that have been taken ( this i would be worried if you are paying by dd as someone has your bank details)

and removing any info on you from their systems

advised them that due to lack of response from them you now require the above in 14 days and if they fail then you want them to send you a letter detailing each point and then you will lodge a compaint with Otelo.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

slteady use all extension but the problem with otello the average i can get is 70 pounds in compsensation it won't cover just for the fee to get myself reconnected to BT and the endless letter and phone call ihad to make to sort out this mess and the cosntant demand of payment i have received form talk talkfor a service i have never requested in the first place.

although talk talk acknowldege a breach of data they seems that is not thier problem so they told me i won't be eligilbe fo rhe reminder afo the bill but what about the money i already paid for it plus the connection fee etc... ..... it cost me a lot ot money to return to my old ISP and BT 'cause someone use my name fraudlently adn talk talk haven't seek my express consent ( term and condiotion). i think i will be better to start with a county court claim but i am not too sure how to word it i have a lot of concrete evidence supply by talk talk form their SAR

• 3 weeks later...

i really need help with talk talk after following the advise fo indaife i received this letter from talk talk

talktalkletter1.jpg

then i send another letter saying i was taking that i as partial settlement i as i feel the data protection breach is more serious and also they promised me to refund the SAR fee and cost of letter over the phone but there was no mention of that in the letter (if i did received that i would have left it and moved on bu talk talk think otherwise ! ) then today i received this letter from talk talk i like the big final demand when it is the first demand have received form them

talktalkletter2.jpg

i have repleid form trading standar who tld me they have refused to answer to their letter and advised me to take thme to court not really sure how to do it or not ! have heard nothing from otello yet

I think with you refusing their offer to clear balance the haven't applied the £62.

IMO if they waived the £70 and cleared the account and that's was me finished with them, I woul dhave been happy with that.

I cannot give you any advise on court action as I wouldn't know what you could take them to court for.

re the DPA, you could send a complaint to the information commisioner but i am not sure of how much of breech they have done.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

i haven;t refused thier offer as sich is the fact they ommited to refund my SAR fee and letter as promised by their phone call which never materialise...

i have concrete evidence that i haven't order this broadband ( phoen call recorded on a cd rom as wellas transcript ) and they cheating their way by saying well it is mistake and so on and forth....

dfunny thing i rinafg them up twice today the first one had no knowledge abotu the first letter and he second told me we are sorrry balh blah .....

ps i haven't refused their offer i partially accepted as iform the beginign they were reluctant to admit their data protection bit ... for them there is no breach of data as the guy and lady as answered correctly their vague security question.

i have sent them a letter asking them to stop to process my data and another letter telling thelm that i want 500 pounds for all the phone calls, letter , why i h ws purcahrsdd for a debt whenit became clear they was a serious breach of data ( they even tried to blame my carer .... i am disabled) etdc.. i had to made to rectify their mistake aka slamming .... giving them 14 days to respond then a LBA and then court action.... and

agreed well i made a SAR to them in december 2008 they responded mid-march 2009 .

well in toward the end of october i order online a landline phone to talk talk through their website

talktalkordersummary.jpg

then i received confirmation by them in writing

talktalkjoining.jpg

to my surprise when i received a bill in december , i was cahrged for about 90 pounds ????? i was shocked so i rang up taltk talk got through to no one as ususal . So i log on to my bill online to see my package has changed from a landline phone to an LLU package . i made alot of phone call, i went to their forums , a customer services did a research without callimg me or confirming or even asking my personal detail !

i called OFCOM and Otelo who told me to put everything in writing . so idid and hold and behold someone from their CEO office called to tell em they are taking seriosuly my compliant etcccc.. then she realise that i didn't have a mancunian accent but a rather strong french accent. so again where is my express consent !

in my SAR i asked also how they get my express consent i am still waiting an answer to that question. but so far they told me their express consent is when these man and woman use my name it was ok for them ot enter into a contract . i beg to differ as i haven't signed anything nor did i recieved letter confirming this ( even when asked in my SAR) etc....

but t she kept goign about blaming my carer/support worker etc... they were adamant that i have order a braodband to which i didn't. theri excuse is that that this manadn woman have respoinded to the securoity qeustion which mainly consisted on asking my name DOB and address and nothing else .. this is all on tape provided by talk talk through my SAR.

i made a SAR in december 2008 to which i asked for all sales telephone as wellas transcript and i got that

CCF07032009_00000.jpg

well that took me a back as i am not english and not from the UK soi do not have a mancunian acent and there is no woman living at my home . Moreover, in their contract there is a clause saying that before entering into contract they must seek my express consent .. so i wonder how they have got my express consent .without approaching me first regarding this broadband services .... when i raised my concern to them they tried to blame the carers and suport worker comming tohelp me. towhich i found somewhat shocking.

Edited by phat256

since they realise that i haven't ordered anything from them over the phone then well they started making excuses this that our SAR responses has some incorrect information etc .. ... ... i have enough toprove that they went ahead with anorder to whcih i did not give my express consent and they did not seek it asa per their clause of contract ... if you llok at the letter it did not mention braodband services ....

in my SAR i asked also to r recived all eltter sent to me with proof of posting .. none came back !

a nafter researching thgourt the net i came to realize that i am not the only one that talk talk has done that.

in the meantime i had to pay extra to have my line reconnected to BT and to my old provider O2 to which i was then within my 12 contract.

my point of line is here if it snot a breach of data protection then what it is ? misselling ? fraud ?

Edited by phat256