Brunel Franklin - anyone used them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to the site and I'm currently using Brunel Franklin for 2 unenforceable cliams against barclaycard & halifax,I paid £45 for each claim admin charge then they contact the credit card companies on your behalf and request the relevant credit agreement then the credit card company sends you the credit agreement with your signature on (niether supplied it in my case) which you then forward onto brunel franklin they then pass your claim onto net solicitors who act on your behalf to see if you've got a case then if they take your case you pay £395 per claim to brunel franklin but they do take it in 3 monthly payments which makes it a bit easier and if you dont win they refund 100% of this payment the only money they keep is the admin charge I can recommend them so far its took me 3 months and they've just emailed me to say they've handed my case to legal counsel to proceed to the court. Members are right to do it themselves if they have the time but as many i work 2 jobs and haven't got the time and on this issue its working so far. I'll update you when i win(hopefully) or lose and I'll be able to let you know if its lose:-( if they refund all of my fee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Blu ray no not yet -only a thought but I still owe them one payment so maybe my claim will magically find its way to court on the 1st of next month when my dd payment is taken hahahaha sorry thats the cynic in me :) I will update you as soon as I've been to court.

Subscribing. Good look with your day in court and please post about it as soon as you can!

I already have the CCAs back from a couple of lenders, at least one of which I think is suspect. Do you know how much Brunel Franklin would charge to look at it? Until now I've been doing this myself but I'm aware that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing... :) I wouldn't use a 3rd party for bank charges but for CCAs and amounts in the thousands it might make good sense. Not sure yet :)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi King123,

You would pay £45 admin charge per claim. Ida's points are well taken I think there are a lot of shadey companies out there but I can only speak from my experience and its been painless so far. I'll update when anything changes. Cheers:)

• 3 weeks later...
I too have just been approached by them (not sure how) as I haven't filled in any of those [problem] 'clear debt' forms you see on the internet. I ve not called them back despite getting a few calls from them My concern is apart from fees which I guess they charge- its a conincendece they are based in the same area as MBNA and Capital 1 the 2 card people that are hounding me. I am also now getting over 10 calls a day from MBNA + Captial 1 its really stressful especailly since I've written so many times to their Advocate depts. but no luck. Please update anymore info on Brunel Franklin and I'll do the same.

:confused:

I also applied to a company on the internet re PPI in 2008 I never recieved a response after completing their forms.I emailed for an update inmid 2008 with no response.A year later this Brunel company approached me using my data from my original enquiry.This was also in connection with capital 1

Strange very strange:shock:

Paults

If my advise is good feel free to tickle my scales

Hi,

I just thought I would update you on my case i received a letter from net solicitors this morning telling me that my case against barclays has been sent for issue to the court so just awaiting a response from barclays and if they fancy a fight(hahaha) a court date will be asigned for the case to be heard so at least after 3 months my claim is moving forward. If I have any further updates i will post as soon as i know:D I do have a second case in progress with halifax but i've not had a confirmation of any progress on that one yet.

• 2 months later...
I instructed Brunel Franklin to claim back my PPI in February. In July I hadn't heard anything so rang for an update - it turned out that they hadn't even started it and destroyed the papers I'd initially signed giving them authority to act on my behalf so I would even have had to complete them again if I'd carried on with them. So, after wasting 4 four months, I decided to do it myself with the help of this site.

They were charging 25% plus VAT and disbs of amount claimed back, almost 30% of around £5K. There are cheaper companies but I think I initially chose them because whilst Financial Mail recommend reclaiming yourself, they also say "if you must use a company use a reputable one like Brunel"

After looking at this site it seems that the bank I'm reclaiming from pay up pretty easily so it looks like I made the right decision to go it alone but time will tell!

Started my own PPI reclaim - sent SAR in August. Just won. And all mine!! (except for the 5% I promised CAG).

I have just had word from the solicitors appointed by BF that because of a stay on cases until MARCH 2009 the barristers my case had been passed on to cannot now accept to act for me until after this date. The solicitors advise me to keep paying the min payment(I had to stop doing this in March this year as I first paid my assessment fee in November 2008 and just couldn't afford it) The solicitors suggest that if I've already paid most of the balance by next March, it won't be worth pursuing then anyway.

The annoying thing is I paid £35 last Nov and when the case was passed to the barrister I had to start paying monthly installments of £95, ccc offered a deal of a settlement figure of £6000 less than my balance or interest free reduced monthly payments if I accepted before 28th October but I couldn't accept then without massive legal fees from the solicitor as I had signed a legally binding contract to that effect.Now the solicitor has backed out I have probably missed the boat in striking a deal with ccc and am £425 down in fees to BF.

I guess the recent legal developments re stays aren't BFs fault but I do feel a bit:-|

I work for a claims management company and yes of course you can do this yourselves, its not rocket science, but many people just can't be bothered with the hassle of it all, so company's like the one I work for are a benefit to hundreds of people!!!

We have stopped taking on CCA cases just stick to PPP's but have in the passed worked closely with BF and all the staff there are really lovely and from what they have told us recently they are no longer charging upfront fees for CCA's and getting any monies off the other side.

I love my job, we get to help so many people it's really nice. I fully recommend claiming what you are entitled to yourselves as it means more pennies in your pocket but there are loads of people that dont want to or even know they can and those are the people we help. And NO I do not work for a company that charges upfront fees!!!! :D

I work for a claims management company and yes of course you can do this yourselves, its not rocket science, but many people just can't be bothered with the hassle of it all, so company's like the one I work for are a benefit to hundreds of people!!!

That is true. Using a claims management company is better than doing nothing at all as long as people are clear about fees charged.

I have just had word from the solicitors appointed by BF that because of a stay on cases until MARCH 2009 the barristers my case had been passed on to cannot now accept to act for me until after this date. The solicitors advise me to keep paying the min payment(I had to stop doing this in March this year as I first paid my assessment fee in November 2008 and just couldn't afford it) The solicitors suggest that if I've already paid most of the balance by next March, it won't be worth pursuing then anyway.

The annoying thing is I paid £35 last Nov and when the case was passed to the barrister I had to start paying monthly installments of £95, ccc offered a deal of a settlement figure of £6000 less than my balance or interest free reduced monthly payments if I accepted before 28th October but I couldn't accept then without massive legal fees from the solicitor as I had signed a legally binding contract to that effect.Now the solicitor has backed out I have probably missed the boat in striking a deal with ccc and am £425 down in fees to BF.

I guess the recent legal developments re stays aren't BFs fault but I do feel a bit:-|

hi darkhorse53 are you saying that your soilicitors would charge you a fee if you accepted the credit card company's offer,if so how much would they charge---thanks

New developments!I've thought about what MBNA were actually saying and they said partial settlement, which means they could come back at me for more later(and probably would)-so not such a good offer!

If you sign the agreement with a solicitor, it is usually worded that they recover their costs from the other side . If you make an agreement with the ccc, they can't do that so you have to pay them.They wouldn't have charged me since the stay was announced because they were backing out not me..... BUT

I've spoken with the solicitors in question and we have agreed to still go for it once the stay is removed which could actually be sooner than March.They haven't produced a signed agreement which I'm told they normally would once a solicitor gets involved, they also hiked their rate up from 16% apr to 35%, applied dubious penalty fees and told loads of lies so it don't look good for them.In the meantime they say they will help me deal with any flack from DCA. so not so bad as I expected.

In fairness, the letter was from BF, once I spoke directly to the solicitors it was a different picture.

On a slightly different note-I used Torston to assess some other cards. I have just had word back from them to say they can't submit my claim for Barclaycard to a solicitor because the agreements are valid-BUT Barclaycard have only sent the standard T&C that they send everyone, no signed agreement even to a claims company.Torston say they have fulfilled their obligation under section 78 to supply an executed agreement and could produce a signed agreemet later at court so they won't take it on.

I understood if they did this it would go against them.

Confident!EEEK! Just very confused, so many different angles!

Did Torston offer a 'free' service? I had the same issue with Barclaycard and my CMC via their solicitor are still pursuing it. I paid for the CMC service though. Not that that should make a difference! Declining a claim based on current generic T and C is very poor IMHO. The giveaway for me was reference to a 12 pounds late payment charge even though I had been paying 30 odd quid yrs ago. I would try again i I were you;)

Ive just looked at my report on those generic BC T and Cs, there is no TCC but that section refers to the 'original agreement'. I know thats not a PT breach, but it was sufficient for my solicitor to get stuck in.

Edited by saddler68

i would eat my own(edit) before using bf again.total waste of time and money. they rely on the lender having no paperwork on you. as soon as they send something through regardless if its enforceable or not they are not interested. and thats through experience with 2 accounts!

Edited by freakyleaky
Removed swearing. Please read the site rules

• 1 month later...

I used BF, what a waste of time the solicitor was, I could never get hold of her and when she did ever write its was on really cheap paper printed out using a really cheap printer.

Needless to say I was unsucessfull.

The solicitors are called Net employment solicitors, not too sure why they used employment solicitors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

As promised on my earlier post i'm back with my update as you may remember but if you dont check out post 26 onwards for my posts on this thread.

I received a letter from brunel franklin on saturday telling me that my case could not be won and they were closing the file but heres the good bit the NO WIN NO FEE assessment payment I paid WELL they have decided to keep it and further down the letter they have offered me a GOOD FAITH £250 voucher to spend on one of their other no win no fee services if it wasn't so depressing i would have to laugh. I cant seem to upload the scan i've took it keeps coming up as a very small thumbnail (anybody help on this) I know a lot of members will be saying told you so for hooking up with these con men companies but there it is.Anybody that has any advise it would be welcomed, I did phone Brunel Franklin but as I expected got the run around passed dept to dept then the person i spoke to just quoted chapter and verse from the letter.I pity anyone else who is still waiting for the nice letter to tell them they have been conned. If anyone wants a scan of the letter i'm happy if i cant upload it to e-mail it.

Cheers Glenndalf

Hi all,

As promised on my earlier post i'm back with my update as you may remember but if you dont check out post 26 onwards for my posts on this thread.

I received a letter from brunel franklin on saturday telling me that my case could not be won and they were closing the file but heres the good bit the NO WIN NO FEE assessment payment I paid WELL they have decided to keep it and further down the letter they have offered me a GOOD FAITH £250 voucher to spend on one of their other no win no fee services if it wasn't so depressing i would have to laugh. I cant seem to upload the scan i've took it keeps coming up as a very small thumbnail (anybody help on this) I know a lot of members will be saying told you so for hooking up with these con men companies but there it is.Anybody that has any advise it would be welcomed, I did phone Brunel Franklin but as I expected got the run around passed dept to dept then the person i spoke to just quoted chapter and verse from the letter.I pity anyone else who is still waiting for the nice letter to tell them they have been conned. If anyone wants a scan of the letter i'm happy if i cant upload it to e-mail it.

Cheers Glenndalf

Seems to me like they must have been relying on non-compliance with s78 for the claim to go through:eek: Utter madness.