Thomson/JetSave - Orlando Sept 09

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

July/August last year I booked a holiday for 2 adults and 1 child to Orlando Florida with Jetsave through a local Thomson shop.

The package included return flights with Virgin, 14 nights B&B in the Quality Inn International Drive, full park tickets, airport transfers and transportation to and from Disney and Universal.

We paid about £400 deposit and started to pay it off monthly.

Just after Xmas we looked at several reviews of the hotel and didn’t like what we saw, so we decided to change to the Howard Johnson on International Drive. We went to the local Thomsons and paid £35 per person to change the hotel and then about £20 in total for the difference in hotel price.

Last Saturday, I had to go to the Post Office (Sorting Office) to pick up the letter that had insufficient postage on it. If the correct postage was paid by the sender then it would have arrived on 14th Feb 2009.

The only reason why I only picked it up last Saturday is because it was the earliest time that I was able to get to the sorting office.

Inside was a letter from JetSave dated 26 January 2009. It had my name on it and the address was that of the local Thomson travel agent that we booked our holiday through.

The postmark on the letter was 12 February 2009 and the under-paid postage stamp was 2nd class.

I paid £1.15 to get this letter from the sorting office.

In the letter it stated that the Howard Johnson International Drive had ceased the transportation to and from Disney & Universal and they offered us a change of hotel to the Continental Plaza Hotel near Wet’n’Wild. They were not holding a reservation for us at this hotel but we needed to contact them by 13 February 2009.

Now because of the insufficient postage and the fact that I was unable to pick up the letter until last week. Jetsave has said that we now need to pay £105 to change hotel.

Also, because the letter wasn’t actually posted out by Thompsons until 12 February 2009 with a 2nd class stamp on it, meant that even if they had paid the correct postage, we would not have got the letter until 14th February 2009. 1 day after the deadline set by JetSave.

I spoke to Thomsons on Monday of this week and told them the story and said to them that we did not want the hotel offered as we did not like it and also it was about £150 cheaper than the Howard Johnson, so a straight swap was unfair as we would lose money. At this point, I told them that I would like to choose a different hotel and would NOT pay any Admin fee, but would be prepared to pay the extra in hotel costs.

I phoned Thomsons 4 times a day every day this week and nothing has been sorted.

JetSave are adamant that we should pay both the admin fee and the extra hotel costs.

My argument to Thomsons is that it was not our fault that we missed the deadline due to their error and also, when we signed up for the Howard Johnson hotel, the transfers to and from Disney & Universal were included.

Anyone who has been to Orlando, knows that if you do not have a car, then this service is invaluable.

I am going into the travel agents office tomorrow morning to try and sort this out once and for all. If I get no where then I will be asking for the Regional Manager’s contact details and will speak to them.

Does anyone have a similar experience, or advice, or any questions.

Many Thanks

Manc

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D

Jetsave are refusing to budge and even if we were to take up the alternate accomodation offered we would still have to pay £105 in Admin fees.

They say that the replacement hotel offered is the same star rating so we would not get any money back, even though if we had booked it originally it would have been over £100 cheaper.

I have been trying to speak to someone at Thomsons to complain, but they tell me to go to JetSave. JetSave say that I must go through Thomson.

Am stuck with what to do, although tomorrow I will be trying again.

The agents at the Thompson Branch dont seem to be doing all they can, even though the problem has come from them.

Edited by manc1976
Spelling Mistakes

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :D