Some advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In October last year, I was 8 months pregnant, diagnosed with a pelvic disorder and unable to walk without crutches. I had an appointment with my midwife at my GP's and parked in a disabled space. (There are only 8 spaces in the car park and all disabled). I was parked for a total of 15 minutes but got a ticket from Central Ticketing for £85. I immediately wrote to them advising of my condition, as I was unaware of this website, and received a reply approx 2 months later advising that I needed to provide them with medical proof of my condition. I then discovered this site and so didn't reply to them. Since then I have received further letters, and today received a letter from a debt recovery company requesting £135. I am starting to panic now and not sure whether to try and get a letter from my doctor or to carry on ignoring them?

Thanks guys

In October last year, I was 8 months pregnant, diagnosed with a pelvic disorder and unable to walk without crutches. I had an appointment with my midwife at my GP's and parked in a disabled space. (There are only 8 spaces in the car park and all disabled). I was parked for a total of 15 minutes but got a ticket from Central Ticketing for £85. I immediately wrote to them advising of my condition, as I was unaware of this website, and received a reply approx 2 months later advising that I needed to provide them with medical proof of my condition. I then discovered this site and so didn't reply to them. Since then I have received further letters, and today received a letter from a debt recovery company requesting £135. I am starting to panic now and not sure whether to try and get a letter from my doctor or to carry on ignoring them?

Thanks guys

Firstly, it is a shame that you have obviously been through difficult/challenging times and on top have been slapped with an unlawful invoice from a private parking company. I strongly urge you to trust the advice already given. These company's try and fake authority through making their invoices look like local authority/police penalty charge notices. All you need to know is that the company that ticketed you is a fake and has no legal grounds/powers to pursue you for any amount of money. In the 0.01% the parking company filed a county court claim I am certain the judge would understand your reasoning for parking in the disabled space and you would win as a result. P.S. disabled spaces are meaningless on private land and so are blue badges.

Please disregard this company and if you need any help jump straight back on the forum.

All the best,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

As above. Please do not worry over the letter and/or the amount of money the DCA has 'requested'. Its all scare tactics and utter nonsense. The DCA letter may seem intimidating but its designed to be exactly that. In reality DCA's have very little power and try to bully those who dont have the knowledge of how they work. Be prepared for a few of thier letters though-each one will be a little worse than the last with the amounts you 'owe' increasing. After you've had your final, final, final, final (it gets that desperate!) :p letter to settle they give up-give or take 3 or so letters down the line:)