Abbe y deceitful even when paying charges...

Guest Gordons Barking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Gordons Barking

Due to hardship partial repayment has been credited to my current account. they sent me a letter saying Debt Management were generating a cheque and this morning I receive my statement: 'CHEQUE IN Debt Management Op. Available ** Feb' As my OD is completely composed of unfair charges I would rather have the cheque to pay into my parachute account. Surely this is fraud all charges recovered from credit cards were sent to me by cheque can anyone advise. Thanks.

Due to hardship partial repayment has been credited to my current account. they sent me a letter saying Debt Management were generating a cheque and this morning I receive my statement: 'CHEQUE IN Debt Management Op. Available ** Feb' As my OD is completely composed of unfair charges I would rather have the cheque to pay into my parachute account. Surely this is fraud all charges recovered from credit cards were sent to me by cheque can anyone advise. Thanks.

But the charges refund is based on what has been taken. If they sent you a cheque then you still owe the full amount. Do you have arrears where the money was going to be paid to? I would suggest writing to the bank and stating that and give details of where the funds need to be paid to.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Guest Gordons Barking

Thanks yourbank the cheque never reached me...it was just an elaborate ruse so they could avoid paying anything. The 'CHEQUE IN' shown on my statement is all Abbey I have never seen a cheque. If I had a cheque I could pay it into my parachute account.

Thanks yourbank the cheque never reached me...it was just an elaborate ruse so they could avoid paying anything. The 'CHEQUE IN' shown on my statement is all Abbey I have never seen a cheque. If I had a cheque I could pay it into my parachute account.

Might be worth asking them if that is the way that they show hardship payments.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Guest Gordons Barking

Just spoke to Abbey they gave me the run around and refused to answer the question then cut me off. Opened a FOS claim, probably a year says the man at the FOS, ~'they have filled a new filling cabinet in the last week making 5 full cabinets'...!

Sorry for butting in, but this may help to clarify:

Before the test case especially, when claimants were being paid out by shAbbey, it was ALWAYS by cheque, and ALWAYS into an exisiting shabbey account. That way they got their pound of flesh back before the recipient could touch it.:mad:

The only cases I know of where people received a cheque directly was where the shabbey account had previously been closed, thereby rendering it inaccessible.

So it would appear that they are sticking to this practice - after all, why the hell would they give you YOUR money back if you didn't pay THEM first out of it?:rolleyes::mad:

Their argument will probably be that until the charges are proven to be unfair, they are still entitled to charge and recoup them.

Sorry because that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is certainly my interpretation of their twisted shenanigans.

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Guest Gordons Barking

Thanks oh, I will get them eventually. I recently lured them into a trap and have them in writing denying knowledge that I had a mortgage with them at the same time I took out a PPI (claiming the bogus 6 year requirement for data retention). That is going to land them a very large fine eventually, the b*******.