Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4284 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My friend at work has been advised by rbs they he has committed fraud by not having enough funds in his account when 6 cheques were presented by the money shop for 600. He's an appointment to see them a week Monday I think.

Any comments or advice please that I can pass on.

John.

legally the bank is quite correct it is not legal to write a cheque knowing you do not have the funds in the account to cover the cheque written.

however, and not knowing your friends situation, he could argue that when he wrote the cheques he did not know that at the time the cheques were to be represented in the future that he would not have the funds to cover the amount presented

on the plus point dont seem to remember anyone ever being charged with fraud for this.. would be difficult I think to prove plus remember he would have to be arrested by the police, cautioned, questioned and then charged the bank do not have the authority to do this only the police