HBOS / Blair Oliver Scott - Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Firstly, I have spent many hours trawling through the forum and informing myself and am about to proceed with various letter writing etc. Before I send these off (recorded delivery) I would like to double check that what I am doing is correct.

A summary of my situation.

I have only one, relatively small (compared to some others) debt, originating from a student overdraft which I was unable to repay (with the Halifax). From that point forward the debt was chased up by Blair Oliver and Scott (late 2007). Before this point I got 5 years worth of bank statements from HBOS which detail all transactions (and bank charges) on my account. I entered a repayment plan with Blair/Oliver from then until this date and have reduced the debt to around 2/3 of its initial value. It is only now that I have found this forum and decided to try and get my bank charges removed from the total I am paying. Should I be able to do this then the debt would be at a level that I could pay it off very quickly.

What I am unsure of is who to direct my correspondance to at this stage. I am planning to write to Halifax/Bank of Scotland to ask for my bank charges back. I am also planning to write to Blair Oliver and Scott with a CCA Request and also a request to communicate via written channels. Should I inform Blair/Oliver that I am making the request for return of bank charges? I plan to halt all payments to Blair / Oliver from now on because I dont recognise the level of debt they are trying to enforce (due to the bank charges), but they have said over the phone that that is not their concern because the debt was passed to them at level X, they are trying to retrieve level X even though I dont accept that.

I am aware the Blair/Oliver and HBOS are esentially the same company, and I think (but am not sure) that HBOS still own the debt itself (they still send me bank statements event hough the account is closed - I now do all my banking with another bank).

Any advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated as I dont want to go down the route of playing hardball only to have the rug pulled from under me by my having misunderstood something.

Regards.

Hello and Welcome, mahbh.

Overdrafts are not covered by the CCA.(I'll get that checked) ;)

You should start the process of re-claiming your charges, send your request to HBOS, by-pass Blair Oliver & Scott for the time being.

Once you start the process and dispute the amount owed, you could send Blair, Oliver and Scott, something like this.......

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

Yours sincerely,

Here's the step-by-step................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

as above,

overdrafts aren;t covered by cca to send the sar and account in dispute letter to blair

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks both for your useful replies. To Clarify:

Subject Access Request (sar) is a back copy of banks statements? (I already have this) - In my banks charges letter I will include a photocopy of all relevant sheets which have charges, with a summary of said charges I am claiming back.

I will send this to Halifax/HBOS and send something similar to the letter maroondevo52 provided to Blair/Oliver with a further part of the letter asking for them to cease telephone communication.... If correct I will proceed tomorrow by recorded delivery and keep this thread updated with progress...

Hi,

Sounds good, best wishes ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert