Robbinson way! chasing old HSBC joint business loan

RW Fugitive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I just say, I have personal experience of Robinson Way doorstep collectors. This was a few years ago, before I was aware of this site.

At this time I thought one of my other debts was going to make me bankrupt, which I told the chap, he wrote it on his book. We had a really good chat, he was not aggressive in the slightest. Apparantly he was made bankrupt a few years before and knew the situation. I have not heard anything from them since.

Regards

David

Thanks for the info uptotheneck :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok.. letter for Mr X arrives today from Horwich Farley? Was in the same envelope as Robbers usually come in.. I was being nosey and opened it :oops:

It said it was from H.F and said Mr X needs to contact RW and pay the balance in full...

I haven't had a letter from them for some time now... only coming for Mr X...

Do you think this is a "good" sign as so far it looks like I've dropped off the radar?... (fingers crossed) :oops:

• 1 month later...

More letters this week from Robbers.... the usual "where have we gone wrong?"

Where do I start?! :lol:

I'm now getting offered a very special reduced rate and can even pay in 3 instalments!! lucky me!!! :lol:

I'm guessing the same came for MR X, but haven't opened that letter....

There's nothing stopping you shooting them with a water psitol though and saying 'oops, so sorry, thought you were one of the kids' ;)

hahahaha... might give that a try if they dare to darken my door! :lol:

• 6 months later...

I've got the TrueCall device and have been happily blocking Robbers Way for months, now they started to withhold their number to leave messages on TrueCall. :mad:

I've now had to block withheld numbers to stop these cretins! I thought it was illegal for them to withhold their number now? :confused:

I very much doubt that withholding your number is in any way illegal, after all this is a service offered by BT.

There is very little the OFT will do, who out of you're list of friends, or those on your star list, use withheld numbers?

All you simply need to do is enter all of your contacts onto your 'star' list and tick the 'use zap&star list' then everyone else will be sent direct to your answer phone, and if you have that set to loud speaker you can then choose whether or not to answer it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As I understand it it would only cause them a problem if they were using a predictive dialer to do it, so generating anonymous 'silent calls'.

If they are calling manually (and leaving a message anyway), don't think you would get far.

David

• 3 months later...

oh dear... threatograms have started again...

Dear RW Fugitive...

We are concerned that correspondence previously sent to you has been returned marked "No longer at this address".... you are advised...blah blah blah....

I have never sent anything back to these cretins :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

RobWay (Via Howich Farrelly) recently contacted me about an alledged debt for a bank loan that became statute barred in 2011.

I sent the Statute Barred letter template from here and have just recieved the following from them:

Dear RW Fugitive,

Re:RobWay (bank name)

Balance outstanding: £******

We write regarding your recent correspondance recieved on **.03.12 the

content of witch (their spelling!!) are

noted.

We have looked in to your account and it is not statute barred. we have

recieved payments equalling £500 with the last date being **.03.08

Please contact us to settle this account or you risk further action

blah blah blah

They then show a print out of various payments being made by CASH, like below:

25/08/07 CASH PAID US 40.00

It carries on with various "write offs" then more CASH payments.

Now it's my belief that they must show proof that I made the payments on the account? I would NEVER have made CASH payments to any debt, I've always paid by standing order. I know I've NEVER paid anything to this alledged debt for more than 7 years now.

Any advice of my next step? :?:

Ask them where the cash payments were made, they should have proof of this, clearly they are trying to make out it is not statute barred.

I would complain to the OFT and Trading Standards too - there is a lot of rot coming out of Robbers Way at the moment, for example (before I get told off by admin) there is a case on this site where they are trying to get a very old CCJ resurrected without notifying the court of a change of ownership, and another case similar to this where they are trying to claim a debt is never statute barred...

• Confused 1

You should play along with them at this stage to get as much reportable information as possible. Ask in a nice way for copies of the receipts that show the where and when these cash payments were made.

• Confused 1

Hello, I'm not 100% on legal implications of this but I had similar with Lowells saying I made a £50 payment (again in cash) that my debt was not SB however like you I pay either standing order or using online banking, so challenged them saying I have never made any payment etc and demanded them to prove I had paid. They then sent letter saying it was a clerical error and admitted it was SB but carried on with their this debt is still outstanding blah blah blah.... Not sure if I did right thing but it put an end to it. Others may have better advice in dealing with Robbers Way so just hang fire and wait for further advice

• Confused 1

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Thanks guys,

I can't remember getting any yearly statements from them, no. I know I've NEVER paid anything towards this alledged debt and would NEVER pay cash even if I did!

So the best course of action would be a proof of payments then and how they were made?

Do we have a template or would a simple proove it type letter surfice?

Thanks guys/gals :)

Was this "cash" supposed to have been paid through the bank, or directly to them?

How long has RobWay had the account? Did they ever send you yearly arrears statements?

Alan

It just says "CASH" in every transaction :(

Hello, I'm not 100% on legal implications of this but I had similar with Lowells saying I made a £50 payment (again in cash) that my debt was not SB however like you I pay either standing order or using online banking, so challenged them saying I have never made any payment etc and demanded them to prove I had paid. They then sent letter saying it was a clerical error and admitted it was SB but carried on with their this debt is still outstanding blah blah blah.... Not sure if I did right thing but it put an end to it. Others may have better advice in dealing with Robbers Way so just hang fire and wait for further advice