• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just bought a new car and insured it with Kwikfit insurance who as part of my policy have offered a free MOT at any of their branches.

The cars current MOT as purchased has MOT untill September and as I have 2 children I thought it would be a good idea to use the free test now to highlight any problems rather than waiting until September.

Question is can a new MOT be issued at any time regardless of how long the cars current certificate has left on it?

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

I think so yes. When people part exchange vehicles at garages and then the garage sells it on, they usually sell the vehicle with a new MOT regardless of when the old one ran out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Question is can a new MOT be issued at any time regardless of how long the cars current certificate has left on it?
Yes, but it will not extend the present MOT. It can be post dated up to one month, so if you MOT in March, it can run from April 2009 to April 2010. It can't be added to the time you have left on the current MOT.

I think so yes. When people part exchange vehicles at garages and then the garage sells it on, they usually sell the vehicle with a new MOT regardless of when the old one ran out.

Of course, the dealer has to have the vehicle retested for this.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

thank you everyone,

I'll get the test booked

many thanks

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I once had two MOT's on my Polo GTI at the same time lol

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi,

I've just bought a new car and insured it with Kwikfit insurance who as part of my policy have offered a free MOT at any of their branches.

The cars current MOT as purchased has MOT untill September and as I have 2 children I thought it would be a good idea to use the free test now to highlight any problems rather than waiting until September.

I don't get it:confused:

You have bought a new car but, I guess you mean it is new to you rather than it being brand new as it has an mot on it now, so you want it mot'd to highlight any problems!:confused: Phew!

Well, today is saturday so if you have it mot'd today then all that will reveal is that the car was roadworthy up until saturday!

How does that give you anymore reassurance until september?:confused:

Did you buy at a garage? Did you buy it trade? Is it a shed?

I can't really see what you are going to achieve here, sorry!!!:confused:

Yep, I once had two MOT's on my Polo GTI at the same time lol

TFT

Sorry, just can't happen, read the back of your mot!:lol:

I've had two valid MOT certificates on a car at the same time too although they were both passes and I'm sure if the latest one was a fail then that would take precedence and mean the care shouldn't be on the road.

I've had two valid MOT certificates on a car at the same time too although they were both passes and I'm sure if the latest one was a fail then that would take precedence and mean the care shouldn't be on the road.

No you didn't, you had one valid document. You may have had two, but only one was valid.

If I was a crazy person I could mot my car 5 times in one day and pass all of them.

Only one would be vaild, that being the first.

so if it passed on the first and failed on the last it would still be a pass ?

No, it would go on the last which is a fail as you say.

I'm just confused by why the OP would want an mot today, which just simply says your car is fine on this day, to give them peace of mind until september!:confused:

Strange.:confused:

At least it will give some mechanic a little chuckle during these hard times.

No, it would go on the last which is a fail as you say.

I'm just confused by why the OP would want an mot today, which just simply says your car is fine on this day, to give them peace of mind until september!:confused:

Strange.:confused:

At least it will give some mechanic a little chuckle during these hard times.

If I'd owned the car for say a year and it was me who applied for it's previous MOT and it passed and it's new one was due in September then of course I'd wait untill September.

I think your missing the point here that I've only just purchased the car, I don't have a years worth of driving in it to the know any history of parts used or potential problems that have come to light.

Common sense tells me to do one of 2 things.

a) Pay for a safety check to ensure that my childrens lives aren't at risk by there being a fault on the car.

b) Use the FREE MOT to highlight any possible problems and chose to act as needed to sort them.

My common sense tells me to avoid;

c) drive ignorant of any risks purely because the MOT has untill September left on it from a legal view and the mechanic might have a little chuckle at me.

I understand some people view the MOT purely as a forced piece of paper they must obtain because they are told to and it has no purpose in life. It's just that I view the MOT as a safety check to ensure that there is minimum risk to driver and passenger.

I resent being called an 'ignorant driver' simply because I question your reasoning for wishing to undertake an MOT after just buying a 'new' car when it appears it has an MOT and it was undertaken just 4 months ago.

Off whom did you buy the car? An individual or a garage? How old is it? Does it have any service history?

You give the impression you have bought a right old bucket which shouldn't be on the road.

You may well take advantage of the free MOT today but all you are effectively doing is confirming that the car is/has been MOT standard

from the date of the last MOT, september, to today's date, should you now MOT it as an MOT just confirms standard up to the day you take the test.

You are missing the point-just how will this reassure you right through until september?

If it was a good idea then the law would state every car should be MOT'd at intervals of 4 months like yourself!

Do you use public transport but demand to know from the driver when the vehicle was last MOT'd because you want to be safe?

:confused:

I resent being called an 'ignorant driver'

I don't mind disscusing my reasons for wanting an MOT with you if you're that interested in it, but would you please explain why you think I called you an ignorant driver? You are free to do as you please, drive with or without MOT, with or without Tax or insurance ect, I really don't care.

I have already explained why I'm getting an MOT early, and I explained because you asked.

I'm sorry if you can't understand my reasons for it, we'll just both have to move on I susspose:confused:

I think it is laudible and very sensible to have the car tested now rather than wait until September especially as it is free.

As Johnny Holmes says

which just simply says your car is fine on this day
also goes for the present certificate. In the five months since it's last MoT it could have deteriorated enough to make it unsafe especially if any of the items passed were 'just' on the side of being passed.

Wheel bearings, ball joints and bushes could all be failures now where they weren't when the last MoT was carried out.

Also it will be less hassle to take it back to the seller to get any parts replaced if you know about them within a few days where it would be harder next September.

I think it is laudible and very sensible to have the car tested now rather than wait until September especially as it is free.

As Johnny Holmes says also goes for the present certificate. In the five months since it's last MoT it could have deteriorated enough to make it unsafe especially if any of the items passed were 'just' on the side of being passed.

Wheel bearings, ball joints and bushes could all be failures now where they weren't when the last MoT was carried out.

Also it will be less hassle to take it back to the seller to get any parts replaced if you know about them within a few days where it would be harder next September.

Thank you Conniff,

that's exactly why I'm doing it, and glad I am too:),

I don't mind disscusing my reasons for wanting an MOT with you if you're that interested in it, but would you please explain why you think I called you an ignorant driver?

c) drive ignorant of any risks purely because the MOT has untill September left on it

You clearly implied that because I would choose to dismiss your concerns that somehow a 4 month old MOT is not good enough for you I would then be driving ignorantly.

Quite ridiculous.

I'm sorry sir but it is a complete over-reaction to consider a 4 month old MOT as 'a safety issue' which is essentially what the OP is suggesting.

As Johnny Holmes says also goes for the present certificate. In the five months since it's last MoT it could have deteriorated enough to make it unsafe especially if any of the items passed were 'just' on the side of being passed.

In that case, why is it not law that MOT's should be taken every 4 months instead? Because what you say here could apply to every vehicle on the raod.

Or it could be that it passes with flying colours. :rolleyes:

The OP is reluctant to garnish us with the car's description, such as age, history, where they bought it, for some reason so the above comment is irrelevant until they do.

Humphh...:rolleyes:

c) drive ignorant of any risks purely because the MOT has untill September left on it

You clearly implied that because I would choose to dismiss your concerns that somehow a 4 month old MOT is not good enough for you I would then be driving ignorantly.

Quite ridiculous.

I'm afraid, JH, that you have caught the wrong end of the stick. You have misunderstood what the OP posted.

I will re-write it to make the matter clearer. What the OP was saying was.....

"My common sense tells me to avoid driving, ignorant of any risks....."

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Indeed Rooster, thank you.

Please note JH that insulting you is very low on my 'to do list',

With this firmly in mind (wouldn't want you to be offended) I do have the 'right to reply' to the comments you made about me in your reply to connifs post.

The point being really JH,

if I showed you a car that you'd never seen before, then you can tell me it has no safety faults without looking past the exterior and guarentee my childrens lives on that can you (even if it looks all shiney and new)?

you may say yes, but lets face it, the answer is no. My answer would and is also no. So I'm doing something (for free) to find out the true answer.

why is that so hard to understand?

I'm sorry sir but it is a complete over-reaction to consider a 4 month old MOT as 'a safety issue' which is essentially what the OP is suggesting.

It's a precaution not an over reaction. How does anyone know that it was not rejected as unsafe by the previous owner and the seller just put it back on the lot without doing any repairs.

In that case, why is it not law that MOT's should be taken every 4 months instead? Because what you say here could apply to every vehicle on the raod.

The operative word there is 'could', as you said earlier, an MoT is only good on the day it was issued.

Or it could be that it passes with flying colours. :rolleyes:

It certainly could, but it won't cost anything to acertain that whereas it would cost the best part of £100 to get an engineer to examin it for her.

The OP is reluctant to garnish us with the car's description, such as age, history, where they bought it, for some reason so the above comment is irrelevant until they do.

That is her prerogative, she only came on to ask it she was allowed to have an MoT done when it was only 4 months past the last one. The past history, price and by who doesn't come into that.

if I showed you a car that you'd never seen before, then you can tell me it has no safety faults without looking past the exterior and guarentee my childrens lives on that can you (even if it looks all shiney and new)?

Do you take this bizarre safety concern attitude with you each time you catch a bus? Or use a cab? What if these vehicles had their MOT 11 months ago? Would you use them?

Are you concerned that when you cross a road any car approaching could be unsafe, lose steering and plough into you because you may think they hadn't had an MOT recently?

What I find difficult to understand is you will not reveal what car you bought, from whom, service history of it, etc etc

I suspect you have probably bought a car a few years old with a full service history, from a dealer and with an MOT taken just 4 months ago.

If you are so concerned about safety then why didn't you have it checked out before sale?

You asked for help with an MOT and you have got your answers.

Mine just happens to be of the opinion that to now take an MOT is quite pathetic.