1st credit threatening to force the sale of my house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribing.

Today I have received exactly the same letter from LCS solicitors. Am now concerned that propjoe said he got a stat demand 4 weeks after this letter!!! Is there a letter I should be sending to 1st Credit?? The account is in dispute as I am still awaiting my CCA from them (Halifax CC).

Have you heard anything further Mickey????

Hi All

Sorry not been in touch, was away all last week.

I sent Pinky69,s letter on the 10/03/09 and when i got home the attached letter was waiting for me.

It seems they have completly ignored my letter untill the last paragraph when mention that this is a formal complaint.

Still no cca

still no statement

still no letter of assisgmant.

Any ideas what to do now would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mick

complaint letter001.pdf

I've also been recently dealing with a debt which occurred due to fraudulent transaction relating to my credit card with Barclaycard.

Thanks to the help here, Barclays have sorted out the problem and compensated me.

Markmarcos -v- BC **WON £500 Compensation**

HOWEVER, i would like to complain about the way Connaught Debt Collectors, in conjunction with 1st Credit, went about there business!!...i.e, understanding no particulars about the debt, apart from the fact they had a document with my name on it and an owed figure next to it!

They started threatening me with a Statutory Demand, which i had to defend in court...thats when 1st Credit took over...2 YEARS LATER!!

I would appreciate some help from some knowledgeable individuals who can compile a letter for me that will send the same shivers up them, that their letter did to me.

I would appreciate making some contribution in making their life hell, as they are doing to thousands of hard working folk.

My case has just been resolved by Barclaycard (please read link to thread above ), and i am really happy in their attitude and professionalism in dealing with my case....BUT would like a continuation of demands by myself to be compensated for the distress Connaught and First Credit have caused, collectively.

I would also like to write a letter to OFT with regards to this case and any other government, licensing organisations which can revoke their license or penalise them.

I was not going to do this initially, but after being advised on my case from the beginning by a member here, namely Slick, and reading other distressed folk....i feel i am in a position to write EVIL letters with the know that they now want to avoid me.

I await anyones and everyones help in the letters, templates etc.

Thankyou

Mark

Edited by markmarcos

1st Cretins really are a bunch of idiots, I would say don't worry too much about what they send, you will no doubt receive a statutory demand followed by a letter from their "solicitors" just before the set aside hearing saying they will not be attending. Thats what I got, I went to the set aside hearing though as I was the one who had requested it SD was set aside and costs awarded. Not heard a dicky bird from them since then and that was 6 months ago.

Good luck, and most importantly, don't worry you are in the right place :)

Thanks Duffers mum

What is a set aside hearing? does this make the debt unenforceable??

TA

Mick

Its the means to dismiss the stat demand.. if you dont apply to set it aside then they can get judgement in default essentially and proceed to bankrupt you.

If you do a search on set aside stat demands on this site you'll find a large amount of stat demands get set aside.

S.

Edited by the_shadow
changed nullify to dismiss... reads better?

As far as I am concerned my debt which was originally a Citi Card is unenforceable as they have not been able to provide a copy of my credit agreement. In fact they never sent me anything at all, not even an application form, yet they thought they could demand money from me.

Ah to be that stupid, ;) they read these boards, they know as CAGGERs are not daft, but still they try, cost them £140 in my case, and I know its cost them a lot more with all the other costs they've had to fork out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well i got a response to my complaint, But i really do not understand what they are getting at they have used clauses in the CCA that i do not understand.

They have made it clear that they do not like us here on the forum and warned me about using them so they must be watching.

They mention in the breakdown of account that the aggrement was with the halifax! this is not true the loan was with AA Finance.

Do you think it is worth posting the CCA seperatly for an expert to take a look at post the CCA they have sent for the experts to take a look.

Can you guys take a look at the attached letter and give me a pointer for my next step.

Many thanks

Mick

complaint letter100409a003.pdf

complaint letter100409b004.pdf

cca100409b006.pdf

Edited by mickyblueyes

They have made it clear that they do not like us here on the forum and warned me about using them so they must be watching.

1.the feeling is completely mutual

2.warning you not to use the forum..... YAWWWWNNNNNNNN.

slap on wrist for Mickey for daring to invoke his rights under the law......that will never do!!ROFL

3.we're watching them,too.....as are the OFT who will hopefully grow a set of knackers and close them down in the not too distant future

Edited by lickthewallfatboy

That's a massive compliment to all involved with the Consumer Action Group.

What are they like though seriously? 'Don't you dare get advice from the CAG forums because then we wont be able to get the money you dont owe us'.

Blub, blub.....

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Thanks Cymruambyth for the tip on the ref number. No wonder they know i am getting advice from you fine people when i do stupid things like leaving the numbers on docs.

But they have got a cheek havnt they telling people to stop using the forums. It proves what you guys do is paying off and making every second of there misaerable lives hell.

Keep up the good work.

So anyone got any pointers on what i should be looking to do next

Thanks

Mick