national debt register website ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have to say this doesn't worry me at all. Even if he is allowed to start it up. I can not see how the information will be allowed to be public. It would have to be a registered members type thing - but even then surely he would have to be registered as a data controller.

It will end up being one of those things DCAs write on their letters to scare the unempowered abit like

We have consulted a major utilities firm and have confirmed this is your address - no **** and I thought I was putting the wrong one on the letters I have been sending you

And we will informed credit reference agencies which may affect your ability to get credit - oh no my life is over because the bank didn't already feck that up 12 months ago and I am managing quite well without credit now dipsticks

It will be every bit as impotent and irrelevant to most of us as the rest of the stinking industry

The CRAs already do everything he is claiming his 'new' service will do

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Oh my word, cash for all gold too!:D

'All Rights Reserved' and 'Under Construction' sites.

Gold, jewellery, teeth, psychology and debt collection.

Edited by sosumi

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

He's just taking punts on what he thinks might be hot topics during the current economic climate and registering domain names. One word sums him up - CHANCER!

Think that's spot on fiftyp :D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

It's half decent domain name but it's doomed to failure in his hands. It would take enormous resources to input what will be millions of names, keep it up to date, ensure all data is accurate and complies with the DPA, it's going nowhere. His best bet is to try and flog it to one of the CRA's and hope to get a bidding war going, however, the most likely outcome is that they will chat amongst themselves (honour amongst thieves and all that) and decide to boycott his mini auction, wait out the two year regsitration period and regsiter it themselves, if they are really that interested in the name :rolleyes:

He's also advertising for a job as a dentist in Dubai:

"UK qualified dentist looking for Position in Dubai. 8 Years experience Cosmetic and general dentistry including implants and orthodontics Anything considered. UK EDUCATED"

Dear me some people could have some fun with that email address! ;)

Also that domain name was registered in Nov 2007 due to expire in November this year so I can't ever come to anything if he's not done it by now. Probably just planning to build its google rank up then sell it.

There's someone with no knowledge of the DPA whatsoever if he thinks he could even get off the ground with that one. :-D

But yes, I think DCAs could be tempted to add to their threatograms: "If you don't pay in full, your name will be added to the NDR's database..." Oooooooooh..... :razz:

There's someone with no knowledge of the DPA whatsoever if he thinks he could even get off the ground with that one. :-D

But yes, I think DCAs could be tempted to add to their threatograms: "If you don't pay in full, your name will be added to the NDR's database..." Oooooooooh..... :razz:

For some people though that would become a goal rather than a threat, a bit like a badge of honour, a financial ASBO if you like :D

• Haha 1

What a dodgy looking site- amateur is too kind a description! So much potential to be sued.... looks like it's someone's not-so-clever get rich quick [problem], perhaps "pay me a tenner and I'll post the names up".

Bring it on, webmaster! While you're there, post up a photo of your car and house because the CAGers will be having them off you to pay YOUR debts when we all sue you!

Any advice or opinion given is done so in the spirit of goodwill and assistance, but please note I'm not legally trained or qualified, only hoping to help. My advice or opinion is based on experience in my life, and research from forums such as this and other useful sites.

Please seek professional legal advice if you are in any doubt about what to do next with your personal case.

There are many threads on this forum to help you and I do recommend searching around to see what steps others have taken. You're in good hands with CAG-

buy a ConsumerActionGroup.co.uk email address, and help to keep this forum going!

If you like what I say, feel free to give those scales a tickle :-)

Hes found a site name he will be able to sell on for some cash, good for him. Dont think I will get him to fix my teeth though ;)

Think I will change my name to AAAAAAAAAAA AAA AAAAAA. Then I will always be first on the list! Or should that be aaaabbbccc cabs ltd?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)