Still No CCA what do I do now ?

Result
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent out my requests to all of my creditors on the 29th December. 12 Days later I got no reply and then sent them the letter your forum advised me to send stating It was unenforceable until I received this.

Its now March and one of the Debt collection agencies have sent me a letter today saying If I have an offer to pay 50% of my debt and they will right the rest off.

1. Does this mean they don’t have it and are trying to get me to pay them something .

2. only 2 of my creditors have sent me my cca's what do I write to the others who haven’t replied ?

It is normal practice for a DCA to offer a fantastic discount when they don't have an enforceable CCA, as you have told them the account is in dispute ignore them. The next letter you'll receive from them will probably state that they have returned the account to their client or they have closed your file.

Ignore those that haven't replied, the account will remain in dispute until they provide an enforceable agreement.

Hi Result,

Sorry I can't help with answers to your questions I'm afraid, but I am in virtually the same situation regarding one of OH's credit cards.

We have also received the 'pay half of what you owe and we'll write the rest off' letter from a DCA and like yourself wonder whether this signifies they don't have the agreement as we too have received no CCA.

I am at a loss as to what to do next regarding this situation - do we do nothing and hope the debt just goes away once they realise we know they have no agreement? Or send them a non-compliance letter?

Will subscribe to your thread and watch with interest!

All the best and sorry I couldn't be of any help,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Thank you Landy. I have to admit I was surprised and yet am pleased with the fact that they may well not have a CCA which would be good news.

I hope this thread can provide you with some information which will help you.

Although DCAs are predictable they tend not to act within a particular timeframe;)

In the worse case scenario it could be up to six years from your last payment until it becomes statute barred. There is the legal route you could take, but to be honest I'm of the opinion to leave sleeping tigers sleeping because when you start to poke them it gives them the incentive to pull out all the stops and try and find an enforceable agreement.