Lisa Daddy vs Nationwide

Lisa Daddy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, just stating out with a £3,400 claim. Previous threads make for interesting and uplifting reading! We got hit with £490 charges in ONE MONTH alone! They sent through my duplicate stats PDQ, and I've drawn up my spread sheet and written my letter which are getting posted tomorrow. Wish me luck! Any and all advice warmly welcomed! :)

Welcome :)

You are doing exactly the right thing, Nationwide are a doddle at the moment and follow everything to plan, every time. Loads of us have had our charges back and you'll be no exception. Any help you need, just ask....you'll get bog standard 'our charges are fair and transparent' letters along with those asking you to wait while they investigate....ignore them and stick to YOUR timetable and you'll get your money back within 6 or 7 weeks :)

Oh, make sure you have another account as they WILL close yours.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi there and welcome aboard, this is a great site full of helpful information and lots of people willing to give you support and help so any problems let everyone know. just reapeating what dolly has already said open another account, stick to your timetable and make sure you read through as much info as you can to make sure you get your calim right. and be patient it really is only a matter of weeks now!! keep us posted

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

Many thanks for the words of support and wisdom. Nationwide have been the least sympathetic and most unhelpful organisation EVER, and it would make me smile for a month to get one over them for a change. Will most def keep you posted. Thanks again.

Hi there... We've opened up another account now, but what happens with the Nationwide account? It seems that previous Nationwide claimants have had monies paid into their Nationwide accounts... but if the account has been closed how does this work? Also, we're using about £500 of a £2k overdraft at Nationwide at the mo... how will this affect the sitch?

Hi there... We've opened up another account now, but what happens with the Nationwide account? It seems that previous Nationwide claimants have had monies paid into their Nationwide accounts...
Once you have won your claim Nationwide will pay the money into your account and then a few days later you will recieve a letter telling you that they will be closing your account in 30 days time:mad: That is why you must ensure that you open a new account.

Good luck

AG :p

27/07/06 ~ Nationwide paid in full £2477.39p

Hello! I received a letter from Nationwide this morning thanking me for my letter blah blah blah, unable to refund any charges, lots of media speculation etc etc but basically telling me that they hope I can abide by the terms and conditions of my account and if not I must take my banking elsewhere...

What do I do now? do I wait for the end of the 14 days and then send a second letter giving them a further 14 days?

They included a final paragraph stating what to do if I am still unhappy, about using the Financial Services Authority and Financial Ombudsman Service... is all this their usual blurb or are they sharpening up their ability not to return charges?

HELP!!??

Personally I would move straight on to the LBA as they have responded to your prelimary letter negatively and are not likely to change their minds in the next few days. Though I know others suggest waiting until the 14 days has expired from the date of you Prelim. before sending your LBA. Not sure there is a right or wrong way to go about it, it's your choice.

Hope that helps

It is suggested that you wait the full 14 days so that IF it should get to court you could show that you have allowed a reasonable period of time. I know they won't change their minds so I know what austenpowers is saying but to be on the safe side, I would wait.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Thanks Dolly and Austen! I'll wait for the 14 days to close and post LBA then. Will keep you posted. Thanks so much for your help and advice, really appreciate it. IF this whole thing comes off (big IF I fear) I will most def make a lovely donation for all your time and knowledge!

It is no way a "big IF" - you WILL get your charges back, trust me. I don't know of one person who has failed.

Thanks Dolly, it's such a pleasure to have some support from people who know what they are talking about! I shall be away on the date my LBA needs to go, but I'll print it off and mail it while I'm in Devon on the correct date. Watch this space! Also, they just responded (on the same day as their letter telling me "no" on the refunds) that they refuse to reverse charges we incurred due to my husbands salary getting paid late, can I include these onto my claim and should I send an amended claim schedule with the LBA?

If the charges have already been debited from your account, just send a revised figure to them in the LBA. You could write something along the lines of 'The total now is £xxxxx because of additional charges on xx/xx/06'

If they haven't come out yet, you can't put them on at this stage but will be able to at Moneyclaim, providing they have been debited.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP! AM now at the MoneyClaim stage. I've gone thru the registration and am now filing in the particulars of the claim. Do I reserve the right to claim interest? I am now quietly terrified and am SURE I will be dragged through this to the bitter end and lose! I can't afford to lose any more money because of Nationwide.....

HELP! AM now at the MoneyClaim stage. I've gone thru the registration and am now filing in the particulars of the claim. Do I reserve the right to claim interest? I am now quietly terrified and am SURE I will be dragged through this to the bitter end and lose! I can't afford to lose any more money because of Nationwide.....

Yes, claim interest and remember to put that statement in about it.

Put your account number in the reference section.

If you want to post your particulars before you submit it so we can check, that's no problems and I'll look at it.

You will NOT be dragged through the courts - they paid out on an £11k claim the week before last.

OK.....amount box is total amount + the 8% interest

Daily rate is total amount EXCLUDING the charges x 0.00022 = £x.xx (usually about £0.15)

Copy and Paste your particulars in this thread and I'll look at it before you submit it - once you get to the payment screen on Moneyclaim and enter your payment details there is no chance to recheck it so post here first.

I wish to claim unfair bank charges incurred

over the last 6 years. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 20.3.2000 to 4.9.2006 of £3436.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of ....

I'm so sorry for being a total ditz! But I've NO idea what to put in the last section of this paragraph!! I'm a mathmatical reject! I owe you a large G 'n' T, you prob need it by now dealing with me!! :eek:

Good job you posted first - don't submit that, they will try and have it struck out!

Use this:

I have a contract with the defendant which

is conducted on their standard terms and

conditions.I am claiming the return of money

taken in the way of charges over the l

past XX years + the interest they have levied

on those charges.The charges are a

disproportionate penalty and therefore

unenforceable as they are contrary to common

law.Further, as a disproportionate penalty they

are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms

Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in

Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8

sch.2(1)(e).In the event that the charges are

not a penalty then they are unreasonable within

the meaning of the Supply of Goods and

Services Act 1982 s.15.I have repeatedly

asked them to justify their charges but

they have not done so.I also claim interest

under section 69 of the County Courts Act

1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xx/xx/xx

to xx/xx/xx of £xx.xx and also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.xx

The first lot of XX are the number of years you are claiming for (ie back to 2001 would be 5)

The xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx is date of your first charge to the date you submit the claim

The £xx.xx after that is the interest charge alone, not the charges

The final £0.XX is the Amount of Charges (NOT including the 8% interest) x 0.00022

And I don't take tonic with my Gin, I like it straight ;)

I have a contract with the defendant which

is conducted on their standard terms and

conditions.I am claiming the return of money

taken in the way of charges over the past 6 years + the interest they have levied on those charges.The charges are a

disproportionate penalty and therefore

unenforceable as they are contrary to common

law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8

sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.I have repeatedly

asked them to justify their charges but

they have not done so.I also claim interest

under section 69 of the County Courts Act

1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 20/03/2000

to 4/09/2006 of £520.44 and also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.64

Please can you check that this makes more sense? I really want to make sure I get this right before I send it...

Looks great :)

Remember to put your account number in the reference section bit.