Troubles with Thompson

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday with Thompson via the internet. I paid the inital £100 desposit when booking just before Christmas. I paid another £1000 on February the 2nd and told the representive that the final payment would be made early march, despite the holiday due to take place on March 16th he said that this was fine (total holiday value circa £1600). Between February 2nd and today i received the flight tickets, detailed flight information/pick up information and a free guide book.

When i called today to make the final payment i was told that the holiday had been cancelled due to non payment and that payment has to be received within 6 weeks prior to the holiday and that i had lost the money.

i need to now if Thomson can legally accept money knowing that the final payment could not be made until March.

Do i have any rights at all

And will a SAR include the telephone call. When you ring up it says that calls are recorded. I have contact my phone provider and got the date and time that i was told by the representive that payment in March would be ok.

Any help greatly appricated, i can't afford to lose this much money and both my girlfriend and i are devestated that we appear to have lost a fantastic holiday.

It's worth pointing out that, to this date, i have not received written confirmation or notice that the holiday has been cancelled. When i called today the representive said that they did try to contact me once but were unable to reach me. This was by phone.

:x:x

I booked a holiday with Thompson via the internet. I paid the inital £100 desposit when booking just before Christmas. I paid another £1000 on February the 2nd and told the representive that the final payment would be made early march, despite the holiday due to take place on March 16th he said that this was fine (total holiday value circa £1600). Between February 2nd and today i received the flight tickets, detailed flight information/pick up information and a free guide book.

When i called today to make the final payment i was told that the holiday had been cancelled due to non payment and that payment has to be received within 6 weeks prior to the holiday and that i had lost the money.

i need to now if Thomson can legally accept money knowing that the final payment could not be made until March.

Do i have any rights at all

And will a SAR include the telephone call. When you ring up it says that calls are recorded. I have contact my phone provider and got the date and time that i was told by the representive that payment in March would be ok.

Any help greatly appricated, i can't afford to lose this much money and both my girlfriend and i are devestated that we appear to have lost a fantastic holiday.

It's worth pointing out that, to this date, i have not received written confirmation or notice that the holiday has been cancelled. When i called today the representive said that they did try to contact me once but were unable to reach me. This was by phone.

:x:x

Sounds weird they have sent the tickets out if its not paid.

Ring the Airline that you are flying with, quote flight number, and ask if you are booked on the flight and its not been cancelled, and maybe phone the Hotel, see if they still have you booked in!

No idea why they sent them out if its cancelled, as if they cancel a holiday, it is usually 8 weeks before you go

Thanks for your reply, it's all going on at the moment!

After a 45 minute slog with a helpful representive my holiday has been re-instated. I have to admit i did nearly loose it at one point, the reality of loosing over a grand, no holiday and a desperatly upset girlfriend with no joint christmas or birthday present did nearly push me over the edge.

That said the holiday is now booked and they have taken the balance.

Dom Rep here i come! :D

In other words, they f****d up, realised it and have now made things right.

If I were you, I'd insist on some form of compensation for the distress they've caused you and your lady. A free bottle of champagne, or upgrade to 1st class (do they even have that on Thomson flts I wonder?) or something, ANYTHING to show that they recognise they caused you a lot of hassle and anguish.

But that's me. Firm believer in stepping on their toes until THEY apologise. :razz: