jackz4ever vs barclays

jackz4ever

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys ! just thought i'd post this thread informing people that i have sent off my 1st letter for the past 6yrs worth of statements, i will keep the forum updated on how it goes!

DPA template letter sent on 28/07/06

Standard reply recieved on 04/08/06

Copy statements recieved on 30/08/06

hi guys! i recieved a reply from barclays yesterday, i couldn't believe it!

this is the only time i have ever had such a quick response from them ( only when i've owed money to them of course), anyway here is the aforementioned letter and they gave the £10.00 cheque i sent.

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of 28 July, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the Data Protection Act ["the DPA"].

Please be aware that the Bank is not under an obligation to present information according to any particular format. Therefore, your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith.

As regards your mention of "manual intervention", the DPA does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Yours sincerely

Peter Townsend

Manager, Barclays Data Protection

Now all i know or understand about the unfair bank charges and how i can make a claim is purely from reading the relevant posts in these CAG forums (which once i get MY money back i WILL be donating a percentage of my returned cash to the site and it's cause) and even i can tell that this letter for a want of a better word is nonsensical!!

However i would like some advice if any one can see a problem with the response or has any usefull information for me on the matter.

thanks guys!

Hijack:o :o :o (Sorry, just my sense of humour) :D :D

The letter is one of the standard-response letters and is nothing to worry about.

Use the time while you are waiting for the statements to read the FAQs. That will answer most of your questions.

Also check out the step-by-step quide in the library section.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread. The answers won't be far away.

Also use this thread to keep us informed of your progress.

Good luck with your claim.:)

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi guys!

I've had an interesting development in my fight against the almighty barclays,

i will try to ensure that i post all my correspondence with barclays

I recently switched banks leaving barclays and gone to nat west (i had just begun visiting here and other good sites/forums on consumer issues which would have helped choose more carefully)

anyway i moved everything into my new account except for 1 direct debit which barclays soon made me aware of and mugged me for the last time (ok charged me)

armed with the knowledge that was going to reclaim unfair charges i choose not to pay up.

in the mean time i had sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter and then got the standerd response last thursday, the day after i was suprised to have a letter off barclays (an account statement) which i have posted below

looks like an admission of guilt to me, removing the charge and then closing the account.

still waiting for my 6years worth of statements, but very happy with the impact of 1 letter to them

if anyone would like further info i would be happy to supply it, or if anyone has anything to advise me of that i have missed please tell me

the Barclays Bank Account

Current account statement 29 Apr to 31 Jul 2006

Your account summary

Start balance

£ -27.45

Money in

£ 27.45

Money out

£0.00

End balance

Date Description 29 Apr Start balance

28 jun Received: Return Ref: C F (P)

31 Jul End balance 31 Jul Account Closed

hi guys:|

i am thinking of trying to contact Peter Townsend by phone and asking him why after putting me -£27.45 in an unautherised overdraft and sending a letter threatening action if unpaid did barclays then credit my account with £27.45 thus bringing my balance to 0.00 and closed my account.

If any of you guys have any thoughts or suggestions on this please post a reply.

recent unfair charges removed on 05/08/06

• 4 weeks later...

HI All

I have finaly recieved my copy statements and having gone through them I have found that £365 is owed to me before interest is added

I am advising anyone who thinks that this is an easy money making scheme to expect to be dissapointed as it is a HELL of a lot more reading and trying to understand things than I would have ever imagined!

anyway just thought that i would keep everyone updated, i'll get back to you when i've finaly got my head round the statements properly and am ready for my next move.