EGG..ppi refused HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

egg sent me a reply today saying my claim for miss sold ppi was refused because....

" in 2001 i applyed for the card online and they do not provide any advisory service as part of their online service.asked to read the terms & conditions and required to speciffically confirm that i aggreed to them "

goes on to say

"please find enclosed a copy of your real time application (application review )this cannot be changed manually by egg personel.

on the second page towards the bottom there is a box which reads accident & sickness etc..and if i had not opted into CRP this box would say none "

is all lost ?

was it a box i had to un tick ?

Edited by candycane

I had a similar case and just last month the Financial Ombudsman Service ruled in my favour. Egg accepted the decision. It doesn't matter that you ticked the box; the question is whether the insurance was appropriate and whether you had sufficient information to make an 'informed' decision. I recommend that you complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Hi

This is not so much 'helping'.....more 'identification' i.e. I identify with you bcos my credit agreement is also with the awful EGG, and it was also done ONLINE and I also received the letter u received saying BUG OFF U , BCOS U APPLIED ONLINE.

I was advised on the forum to persevere, which I am doing and my next step is to ask them to CANCEL THE PPI (for which I am still paying) as well as state a few things again ie the legal position, reason why I was clearly missold etc...But there's lots of stuff already on the forum and I'm still going thru all the stuff b4 i send them letter 2 (v. hard as i am rubbish with maths or anything technical and i have PN Depression) as i want to make sure that i get it totally right. If I get another BOGGOF letter, I think the Ombudsman letter comes after that. But, bcos I am new on here and still very slowly reading stuff, please don't take this as advice and please do read up more about it on the forum

Good luck

Edited by TerriblyShafted