Moorcroft and Midas and not very nice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mobile account past to moorcroft who declined token offer then passed to midas who also declined token offer and have said they will take if further, this is going all the way, their words.

I in the end said if wont accept token offer as I am on benefits and you threaten court then I see no alternative than you go ahead.

Ammount less than 200.00, do you think they will or should I expect more threatening letters?

Mobile account past to moorcroft who declined token offer then passed to midas who also declined token offer and have said they will take if further, this is going all the way, their words.

I in the end said if wont accept token offer as I am on benefits and you threaten court then I see no alternative than you go ahead.

Ammount less than 200.00, do you think they will or should I expect more threatening letters?

If you've made them an offer and they've refused and then take it to court (unlikely), the judge will not smile upon them.

You've done the right thing, let's see if they have the bal*s to take it to court...

Just hate every DCA out there

Thanks for reply, I offered 1.00 they demanded 10.00 and they said no less. A court would not take 10.00 off me, me thinks I did throw in it would force me to go bankrupt if they harassed me and have a tape of call So we'll see. It goes a little further in that company passed another account conviniently onto another dca and wont liase the two either and wont talk to me, so Ive had enough.

I now love payg:Dand wont be silly again.

Thanks for reply, I offered 1.00 they demanded 10.00 and they said no less. A court would not take 10.00 off me, me thinks I did throw in it would force me to go bankrupt if they harassed me and have a tape of call So we'll see. It goes a little further in that company passed another account conviniently onto another dca and wont liase the two either and wont talk to me, so Ive had enough.

I now love payg:Dand wont be silly again.

They are just posturing and making a lot of silly noise. They won't go legal if they don't think they'll get more than their costs back in issuing a claim . If you are on benefits and don't have meaningful savings a judge would accept £1 a month and they are out of pocket. It's simple - the more threatening they are eg. 'it's going all the way' (laughable over £200) the more hollow the threats. They can't bankrupt you for that figure either. If they could it would cost twice the debt up fron in court costs alone. If you owe the money offer what you can afford and no more, even if that's £1. They are not a priority debt.

these lot sent an old age pensioner to my door 4 times in 2 weeks, his name was mr donald curtis, this man was not very nice, if he knocks on your door do not entertain him, he discussed this alleged debt with my parents and tried to get them to pay, so i wouldnt have to face court.

when I cca'd Mrs Dyde closed file and sent back to the OC

If they knock your door without your permission , just shut the door dont speak to them and if they continue knocking inform them you are going to ring the police , if they continue then call the police .

They do not have the law on their side its on ours , they have no more rights than a pizza delivery boy , who infact has more as he has been invited , there is a letter in the templates that covers this .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/131334-dca-response-threats-home.html

Edited by loyalbrummie
to add hyperlink .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........