Swindling Landlord trying to claim unfair Electricity bill!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am renting a flat through a private landlord. I recently got my first quarterly electricity bill from him for £780. I know this is too much because its a one bedroom flat which my boyfriend and I share.

The problem is the bill came straight from the landlord written in Word format. It wasnt from E.ON, the electricity company he uses. We discovered we were paying business rates as part of the building (which the landlord also owns) is office space.

We've been fighting this for some weeks now but he wont budge. We've asked him to send us a copy of the original itemised bill from E.ON but he won't.

He has since installed a new meter.

Where do we stand legally? Should we pay the bill and fight it later? He is quite shrewd and sneaky and probably thought he could make some easy money out of us.

I would read this:

Student guide to Landlords selling Gas & Electricity in Rented Accommodation

In addition, did you take a meter reading at the beginning of your occupation of the property?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Eh.!>!>?!