COuncil Tax Debt - time to pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, i find i need some advice (again)!

In Mid Jan '09 i recieved a bill from my local council for the 2003-2004 period. This was the first time they had contacted me about this.

After some digging by myself, i managed to find out that the council had not corrected my Direct Debit after i informed them that my girlfriend was moving into my flat.

They want me to pay the difference in 3 or 4 instalments at the most. This would be problamtic for us! I would prefer to pay it over 10 months, as per the council tax.

Could some one point me to any "time to pay" documentation, so i can find out what options i have?

cheers,

pandhandj

Legal rules - council tax time to pay | free legal help from Govan Law Centre, Glasgow, UK

Just follow the links on the left hand side for a step by step guide on how to complete and submit a time to pay application for council tax.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.