Urgent help required!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For background please read Chica v's Halifax.

Basically, Halifax told me that Blair,Oliver and Scott were dealing with my account. They told me this less than 3 weeks ago but yesterday I recieved a letter from the Logic Group acting for Halifax. I owe Halifax £1005.76 but am claiming £1767 plus interest etc from them for unlawful bank charges.

Logic have phoned me today. Conversation went something like this:

Me: Hello, hello, hello? (Just about to put phone down)

Them: Mrs Chica?

Me: Yes?

Them: This is ... calling from the Logic Group on behalf of the Halifax. Can you cofirm your name, address, postcode and date of birth please?

Me: No, you've got it infront of you haven't you? You've phoned me...

Them: Its about your outstanding balance.

Me: I know what it's about I recieved your letter yesterday. I'm in dealings with the CAB and have written to inform my creditors as such.

Them: Can you confirm your details please?

Me: No.

Them: Well then I suggest you seek legal advise.( and hangs up)

What was all that about?

Have I just cocked up mega style or something?

Advise please!!

Chica

Bank charges: Abbey won in 2006, Halifax won in 2006, Capital One won in 2006.

Sounds like you did fine. You can't go giving people you don't know your personal details if they phone you. I haven't read your thread (it would be better to have kept this there), but have you placed your account in dispute. If not I suggest you do so to prevent further action. I gather you do not know what these people wanted. Try not to panic too much. If anyone phones again tell them to write to you as you do not wish to be contacted by phone.

Don't forget, you are taking control now.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Alison82

Don't panic, I was in your situation as of last week. Owed Halifaxx £2200 in charges which I refused to pay, BOS kept calling I kept informing the of the unfair penalty charges and they kep on putting my account on hold. These people don't have a clue! Just baffle them with the facts and they will soon shut up! I have now recived a refund from Halifax (still got some way to go though, see my other threads) and I have just called BOS to inform them of the refund and "they no longer have me on their system" (I should hope not!)

Anyway just keep making them put your account on hold,they will try to intimadate you but once you show then YOU'RE in control they will soon back off!

Also have some fun with them! Why should you confirm your details; it could be anyone! ;)

Good Luck, hope this helps, keep us informed, and make sure you make your claim correctly.

Alison :)

Thanks I mean they could have been anybody couldn't they?

I know what they were after ...money!!!

Halifax know the account is in dispute as do Blair, Oliver and Scott but as of yet I haven't told Logic group cos I didn't even know about them until yesterday!!

Bank charges: Abbey won in 2006, Halifax won in 2006, Capital One won in 2006.