employer overpayment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I posted in here a while ago. Was expecting redundancies to be announced but instead had my contract terminated (been employed for 10 months only).

Not looking for any recourse, hated the job and they've done me a favour even though I'm not happy about how underhanded they went about it.

The letter they gave me when they called the meeting says.

'We regret to inform you that we have decided to terminate your employment with immediate effect.

We do not require you to serve your month's notice and enclose a cheque for **** which is above the statutory requirement as a gesture of goodwill.'

They handed me a cheque there and then for 2 months money on the 19th February and payday was last week and they've paid me another months money.

I've emailed them telling them they've paid me again and asking for confirmation this was not an error and no-one has come back to me.

The letter is not clear as to whether the cheque included payment for February's salary.

Do I have to pay the money back especially as it's unclear on the letter?

I love CAG!

well, obviously if the money is owed to them they have the right to ask for it back, however, seeing as how you have informed them of the suspected overpayment id be inclined to keep hold of all of it in case they ask for it back, as it isnt unheard of companies to do this intentionally so that 6 months down th eline they can slap you with a court claim for the money, plus interest, plus costs.

in the meantime, keep on to them, call them every day and say that you want to speak to somone senior in payroll, as you do not want to end up arguing it in court.

OR

write to them stating the matter and sending it by recorded delivery, put something in the letter stating that if you havent heard back from them in writing within 28 days you will assume they do not wish for the money back.