Digital Signatures

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4221 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It's probably been covered in here somewhere, but a search for "digital signatures" or "online signatures" is throwing up thousands of pages.

Basically, I applied for my loan online. There is no actual credit agreement with my signature, just a "Barclayloan Agreement" across several pages. The last page has a box that says **signed** and a note stating:-

To sign the agreement please select "signed" from the drop down box. By selecting signed and submitting the agreement you will be legally bound by its terms.

Question is how valid is this?

Fully valid.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!