Skits V HSBC

Skits6485
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have sent letters to HSBC requesting the unlawful bank charges to be repaid to me, how ever i have received a letter from them saying that my claim will go on hold untill the Office of Fair Trading have agreed that the charges are unfair.

Can they do this and is there any way that i can still claim the charges back?

Do i now have to wait untill the Office of Fair Trading have agreed the charges are unafir?

If anyone could give me some advise that would be great.

Many thanks

Yes, you wilol have to wait unless you can make out a case for hardship - and even then it is probably unlikely.

However, you shold begin a cliam to the County Court. This will move things along much more quickly once the dam breaks and you will also be able to claim 8% interest.

On a related matter, have they default you for a bank charges related sum?

Hi skits6485

What Bankfodder means is has a default been placed on your credit rating? This can have long lasting repercussions when you are trying to get credit or a mortgage ......

Have a look at this link which bankfodder posted some time ago :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/149449-put-your-credit-reference.html

On the other front you should take no notice of the bank's attempts to stop you claiming refund of charges, especially now as the courts have ruled in favour of the OFT being able to declare charges 'unfair'.

You should be trying to get your claim to the court stage as soon as possible because :

When you start to send off your letters, they will probably try to tell you that you can't claim because the case's are 'stayed' It is important that you ignore this and carry on, only the courts can put a 'stay' on your claim

Although the banks have a ongoing test case with OFT there are a number of reasons why you should start to claim at court now

Any older charges (coming up to 6 years) could be lost if you wait for the OFT case to end. Start your claim now and those charges are protected

(you are supposed to be protected by the 'waiver', we now know you are not

When the stays are finally lifted, you will be one of the first in the queue to get paid

Once the courts are involved, you get the 8% interest

While the banks are protected by the stays, we the consumer, have no such protection and charges continue to mount up

For some people this may mean going into default. If it is clear that the default was made in respect of charges and that it was lodged after a charges claim was begun then these users have a really excellent chance of having it removed

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/164871-castlebests-default-removal.html#post1772646

Come back if you have any further queries , skits, you can find template letters on the site here ... but someone will always answer and we're user -friendly ..... :grin:

Edited by johnnymitch
tidying font markings.....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D