Rumors some may find exciting.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well there's a lot of talk flying around currys at the moment that times are getting much tougher. We as staff have been getting pressured and pressured into not only selling stuff, but selling lots and lots more of attachments on stuff like office with pc's or cables with TV's.

Which struck me as suspicious because we already offer those things as part of good customer service, ensuring people don't get home and find they're missing a cable etc. But now they're actualy targeting us on it.

But we got hit with a bombshell off the boss a few days ago that if the company does not generate another 16.1 million from such sales over the next 2 months, they're going to have to go to the bank for money.

Considering we as staff were told by the managing director that the company has 800 mil in the bank for "weathering the storm". I can't help but think that this s**t is really about to hit the fan for DSGi.

Of course I can't verify any of this as of yet. But judging by the tone of all the stuff we're being fed through from upper management, it just reeks of desparation. Stuff like, notices hinting at disiplinary action for those not fully hitting targets and using that insulting fives training I mentioned beforehand. Whilst on the same page mentioning the 23 million a month they spend on wages, informing staff that deadweight will be shed.

Not to mention the bonus scheme for employees being cut, supposedly only for a month (it's been 2 so far).

So anyway, with all the pressure the sales staff are being put under to sell these attachments, as the customer you really should consider hard wether you actualy want something, or your being hard-sold into something.

Edited by Renzokuken

Nice info. I think if this is the case, then customers really need to not let themselves be bullied and to do their research on prices, specs etc of anything they want to buy.

I think such targets are pathetic and completely unfair both or staff and customers. DSGi should ask why Richer Sounds are so good and start to adopt a few policies, but I suspect management will be quite content in avoiding their legal responsibilities in the usual manner